It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 'Reincarnation' exists, then.....?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Since I don't believe in a god, that line of reasoning doesn't hold much for me.

And the mere existence of the universe doesn't support a twin-soul theory.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Since I don't believe in a god, that line of reasoning doesn't hold much for me.

And the mere existence of the universe doesn't support a twin-soul theory.

You should believe in a Source that gives our Soul life and considering the uniformity throughout the universe and the TWIN back-to-back black holes at the center of EVERY spiral galaxy, you should at least wonder how all of that symmetry has come about and what/who is behind it?

How dew two MASSIVE black holes end up back-to-back and a galaxy surrounds them and it's that way with all spiral galaxies?

Ribbit

Ps: How are our Souls powered? Dew you know the answer to that?

What about where does that energy come from that powers our Soul?

Where dew our Souls reside, when WE are kNot incarnate in a carbon based lifeform and dew WE leave that place to occupy our CaBaL or are WE just connected to that CaBaL while remaining in the location where our Soul resides and dew WE ever leave that place, while in Soulform and is that place the same place WE are born, thus, dew WE reside there for an eternity, once our Soul has been born?

edit on 14-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I do remember, but what good is it to talk about it?
I can't prove it, so I might as well be making it up.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I do remember, but what good is it to talk about it?
I can't prove it, so I might as well be making it up.

Tell us what you remember. The heck if you can't prove it, share what you kNow or have kNowledge of!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh, I can wonder, and often do.

I/we don't understand a lot of different things about the universe because I/we lack the necessary tools to observe with, observation length, and hard data about too myriad a number of factors. So answers to the broader questions are hard to know as yet.

But the lack of a good explanation doesn't incite me to invoke deus ex machina, either.

The power to run our souls derives from the food we eat, the air we breathe, and the interactions we share with other living/moving things. One of the major points of having a body in the first place is to provide a steady supply of energy to the core consciousness.

Our souls don't "go" anywhere. They are here in the same environment that we exist. Most people are as unaware of them as they unaware of the radio signals that surround them. That is why most souls must find a new body swiftly or risk erosion by the streams of energies like radio they are suddenly naked to.

Think of it as akin to having to leap naked across open space from a crippled spacecraft to a whole one. The better physical shape you are in, the more likely you are to survive, but the survival rate will still be low. If we accept the premise any sufficiently complex biological system with have at least rudimentary consciousness as part of the condition of being alive, and using the spacecraft analogy, few of the early spirits will survive. Some will be lucky, and some will have exercised thought on some level and got a tighter pattern, leaving them in better physical shape to make the transit, albeit at the cost of severe injury.

Each survival creates a feedback loop that ups the chances of raw survival. When a spirit begins to question, observe, think and pull memory together, it begins to learn to dress for the occasion; slowly after lifetimes of trial and error learning how to bridge the gap and make the trip more or less intact, although so far as I know no one survives entirely whole, some is always lost.

I think that every human soul started life millions of years ago as small microscopic thing that experienced wonder, and thus started on the long, long path to higher consciousness. But we are not alone: nature never lays her eggs all in one basket.

We humans are but one ever-evolving set of higher-consciousness "souls", one path of many. There are tree-souls, whale-souls, dolphin-souls, ape-souls to name but a few, all different types of higher consciousness that experience the world in vastly different ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Oh, I can wonder, and often do.

I/we don't understand a lot of different things about the universe because I/we lack the necessary tools to observe with, observation length, and hard data about too myriad a number of factors. So answers to the broader questions are hard to know as yet.

But the lack of a good explanation doesn't incite me to invoke deus ex machina, either.

The power to run our souls derives from the food we eat, the air we breathe, and the interactions we share with other living/moving things. One of the major points of having a body in the first place is to provide a steady supply of energy to the core consciousness.

Our souls don't "go" anywhere. They are here in the same environment that we exist. Most people are as unaware of them as they unaware of the radio signals that surround them. That is why most souls must find a new body swiftly or risk erosion by the streams of energies like radio they are suddenly naked to.

Think of it as akin to having to leap naked across open space from a crippled spacecraft to a whole one. The better physical shape you are in, the more likely you are to survive, but the survival rate will still be low. If we accept the premise any sufficiently complex biological system with have at least rudimentary consciousness as part of the condition of being alive, and using the spacecraft analogy, few of the early spirits will survive. Some will be lucky, and some will have exercised thought on some level and got a tighter pattern, leaving them in better physical shape to make the transit, albeit at the cost of severe injury.

Each survival creates a feedback loop that ups the chances of raw survival. When a spirit begins to question, observe, think and pull memory together, it begins to learn to dress for the occasion; slowly after lifetimes of trial and error learning how to bridge the gap and make the trip more or less intact, although so far as I know no one survives entirely whole, some is always lost.

I think that every human soul started life millions of years ago as small microscopic thing that experienced wonder, and thus started on the long, long path to higher consciousness. But we are not alone: nature never lays her eggs all in one basket.

We humans are but one ever-evolving set of higher-consciousness "souls", one path of many. There are tree-souls, whale-souls, dolphin-souls, ape-souls to name but a few, all different types of higher consciousness that experience the world in vastly different ways.

You clearly have bought into this Matrix!

Your body is kNot your Soul and likewise! You dew kNot power your Soul, it is powered by Source and it remains (lives) in the dimension under this one, the 1st Dimension, where ALL black holes lead. As to the "major points of having a body in the first place" has nothing to dew with powering our Soul. The reason We have a body is to give us a vessel to play this game in, within this dimension, since our Soul cannot exist outside of the 1st Dimension and as a Soul you have no mouth, no ears, no arms, no hands, you are a finite piece of God/Source and PURE ENERGY and your Soul is surrounded by energy that it feeds off to power it.

As to consciousness, YOUR BODY is kNot conscious, your Soul is! It's your Soul that gives you consciousness, not your body!!!!

As to a Soul being lost, you have truly bought into stupidity! You have no clue how Souls are born, nor where they are born, nor how long this has been going on, nor what this is about, but you know Souls are lost?

As to humans souls being human, you truly have bought into this Matrix! Souls are the Alpha & Omega, thus, they are kNot human, they are a finite piece of God/Source and PURE ENERGY! kNot human souls, kNot tree-souls, kNot whale-souls, kNot dolphin-souls, kNot ape-souls!!!! Vegetation, which includes trees, dew kNot have a individual soul powering them, they are powered by the Collective (all Souls).

"Not even God can win the argument against stupidity, when Stupid is judging the contest." - Old Toad Proverb

When are you going to wake up to see the truth that surrounds you?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Are there HIV souls too?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Sorry, I've been awake for a long time, many lifetimes awake.

What you are saying is...illogical, if not downright gibberish. I can make little sense of it.

I'm a pretty pragmatic guy, and don't need to ring in gods, or other-worldly anything to explain the process of reincarnation.

If you've been paying attention, I never said the body is conscious in and of itself, but rather that it houses the consciousness. I further stated that that consciousness derives its energy from the food one eats, among other things, something that has been shown to be true in many ways through many tests and experiments. One of those other things is the interactions we have with other souls of various sorts.

The universe is a vast and vastly subtle place...there is no matrix to buy into if you are aware enough to know that. That sort of talk is for children who are ignorant of reality. What I said was that no matter how strong we become, we never, to my knowledge or experience, survive reincarnation wholly, some part of us, our current life's memories, is always lost, not that souls get lost or are lost. Or rather, the period between death and reincarnation is where information of self is lost.

As far as your failure to see, acknowledge, or comprehend the existence of other types of souls...I take it you've never had a conversation with a tree or a dolphin? A pity, for they see the world in a very different way from us, it's a very fruitful and illuminating experience to share even a tiny bit of their consciousness and awareness of the world. But I must admit that to talk to a tree requires enormous patience: their sense of time is quite different from ours, we are but mayflies in their eyes, hardly worth trying to communicate with.

Forget the god nonsense, gods are the matrix people buy into: utterly unreal and unnecessary, serving only to cloud the mind and to blur reality so that you can be manipulated.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

Ha.
Ha.

Not funny...we're trying to have a serious discussion here, please contribute something coherent or be silent.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Or rather, the period between death and reincarnation is where information of self is lost.

Nothing is "lost". When consciousness ("soul", if you will) is reincarnated again into a physical (human) vehicle, the heavy chemical complex of the body is what blurs and blocks remembrance. This is the so-called veil of forgetting. This is not random nor without purpose.

Forget the god nonsense, gods are the matrix people buy into: utterly unreal and unnecessary, serving only to cloud the mind and to blur reality so that you can be manipulated.

Most of these "gods" are (and have been) negative entities of a higher density of consciousness as the human entities of Earth. They are not utterly "unreal" and "unnecessary". On the contrary.
However, it is indeed the nature/choice of negative entities to cloud the mind and blur reality so that you can be manipulated, as you so adequately stated.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder is it possible to have any plausible evidence of reincarnation or is all the evidence just intuition...

I believe in reincarnation and think I can pin point a few past lives, but there is no way for me to prove this with hard evidence.

Even the best evidence I have seen/heard could just be dismissed as coincidence. :/

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I wonder is it possible to have any plausible evidence of reincarnation or is all the evidence just intuition...

Could you prove to men who spend their entire lives living underground inside of a cave that there was a sun outside shining up in the sky?

Try it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RKallisti

Couldn't you just "trick" them into walking out of their cave? Seems like a simple solution to me..

Proof of reincarnation is a little more complicated than that, no?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Couldn't you just "trick" them into walking out of their cave? Seems like a simple solution to me..

By all means, be my guest.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm being sincere. I'd rather not be serious as I don't believe the nature of the universe to be serious.

The sincere point I was trying to make is either no beings have souls or all beings have souls, including the HIV. I believe it is the former, yet I still believe in reincarnation as such. As memories are stored physically in brains (and not in some sort of soul/spirit), new beings can obviously only access memories which have been stored since they were alive in their own brain.

I understand if the universe is a serious place for you and you do not want to give your opinion on whether HIV's have souls.

edit on 15-10-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

Oh, I understand now. I thought you were being facetious. Sorry.

The question you are asking is whether virii have consciousness/souls, too.

My answer would have to be yes they do,as everything alive must have to be alive. Now there's some wriggle room there, since the jury's still out on whether they are actually alive. Personally, I think the quibble is one of semantics, and come down on the side of them being alive.

Is their consciousness/soul on a par with ours or a tree's or whale's? I would say no. It seems to me that it would be sort of a proto-consciousness, barely there, but there nonetheless. At least on an individual level. There might be a group effect, but I tend to doubt it as most virii mutate like crazy and that would mitigate against it I would think. I could be wrong on that score though.

Moving up the scale a bit, would you say that ants have consciousness? I most certainly think so. Look at their accomplishments in engineering their nests; you don't get that result from randomness or mere instinct.Theirs is a truly alien consciousness, but indisputably present.

After years of thought and discussions about it, I've come to the conclusion that there are phyla of souls that are incompatible with each other, i.e., while ants have their own version of a soul and consciousness, you won't reincarnate as an insect. Insect consciousness is a separate phyla of souls, if you will, likewise plants. It seems to me that most of the animal energy constructs we are discussing are similar enough to allow them to inhabit different body forms, but that's just me...I wouldn't mind reincarnating as a dolphin: their lives are pretty fun as long as we don't screw with their environment or hunt them. I've met a few wild ones in my life, back when I was shrimping and found them fun companions with the occasionally wicked sense of humor. Nice folks, overall.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know a few of my past lives, have been lucky in this life to both find and reunite with two of my past families. We still look very much alike, have memories, parallels in our personal lives from here and then, etc etc etc.

Sure the body rots away but we are not a body. We are a soul/energy. Yes, we are able to recall our past lives to a degree. There is a super super rare chance to recall a ton of any lifetime; the older you go back, the harder it is to recall. It's like trying to remember being 25 if you're 50. Sure you have memories but if you think back to being 16, then 5, then 2, your memories will be less and less the farther back you go.

The newer the past life, the easier it is to remember things, have flashbacks and the sort.

Phobias usually start around the same time that event happened in a past life to give us said fear. Before I knew anything about reincarnation, back in 1998, I was working as a housepainter, doing exterior painting on 40 foot ladders. Going up and down like no problem. Well, I went to work at my second job that same day and froze solid on the 3rd rung of a 6 foot ladder. Frozen solid, pure panic attack. Took 3 people to help me down.

Only way later in 2008 when I got into reincarnation cuz my past life bro found me and etc etc., did I start doing regressions. I had a life where I'd fallen hard to my death - and it was the same age as I was back in 98 when I suddenly got that phobia out of no where.

anyway, if anyone is curious, I just may start a topic about my own reincarnations. I have tons of pics of then/now with me and my families then (now and then). And the parallels for me and my past life selves are crazy insane.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I'd like to hear more.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The universe is a vast and vastly subtle place...there is no matrix to buy into if you are aware enough to know that. That sort of talk is for children who are ignorant of reality. What I said was that no matter how strong we become, we never, to my knowledge or experience, survive reincarnation wholly, some part of us, our current life's memories, is always lost, not that souls get lost or are lost. Or rather, the period between death and reincarnation is where information of self is lost.

As far as your failure to see, acknowledge, or comprehend the existence of other types of souls...I take it you've never had a conversation with a tree or a dolphin? A pity, for they see the world in a very different way from us, it's a very fruitful and illuminating experience to share even a tiny bit of their consciousness and awareness of the world. But I must admit that to talk to a tree requires enormous patience: their sense of time is quite different from ours, we are but mayflies in their eyes, hardly worth trying to communicate with.

First, have you ever had a conversation with a Whale Shark? I have! Porpoises are a dime a dozen, but how 'bout a 12 foot Bull Shark instead? I happen to be a PADI Scuba Instructor, of 19 years, with several thousand dives under my belt, from the Caribbean to the Pacific ocean of Central America.
Also, I talk to insects, even little ants, besides all the other little critters I feed. There's two racoons that have found me and like the scraps I feed them so they come back every night. I talk to them to reassure them I mean them no harm and to go ahead and grab a bite to eat. I've had them as close as two feet away but they are very skittish.

As to our Soul and "survival" of memories, everything you ever say, see, think, or dew, is recorded, so nothing is lost when your body dies. But when you play another part (aka: reincarnation), don't expect to remember anything unless you're suppose to remember something.

As to God, have you ever thought about the entire Universe being God's mind?

You have no clue what the truth is but I still like/love ya! At least you are trying to figure chit out, which isn't a common trait.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

I believe in reincarnation and think I can pin point a few past lives, but there is no way for me to prove this with hard evidence.

Even the best evidence I have seen/heard could just be dismissed as coincidence. :/

The Universe/Source/God recycles itself, what dew you think the little black holes are about, so what in that doesn't say WE don't get to play more than one role?

Ribbit

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join