It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 'Reincarnation' exists, then.....?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To answer that question you need to know how the brain and consciousness works.

You probably won't believe me but I will tell you anyway.

This planet was colonized by an alien race known as the Anunnaki. Long long ago they discovered a way to become immortal. They put their consciousness inside conscious computers.

The soul or spirit is your personality. That exists in a file and is used by the conscious computer as a decision filter while running generic consciousness software. So your personality file is a decision filter. This is what you would do, and you do it. The working s doing things is generic and common to all people.

The conscious computer most people are on, which does the thinking and sends a signal to the pineal gland is inside the moon.

It has two layers. One for sentience and one for instincts. The raw data is processed in object oriented centers within your brain. To make that signal local to your local environment.
To put the signal into context with your surroundings here as opposed to another planet where the same system is used.

Memories are stored within that machine. And controlled access is given to people. You can access some more of that through regression. But you cannot tell what is real memory and false memory because your signal coming from the machine can at any time be affected by that computer. It can add information, prompt your subconscious and block information.

Her is a painting from about 1600 which shows the signal..

Look up Consciousness without a cerebral cortex a challenge for Neuroscience Oxford press in google.

And see the movie Plan 9 From outer space to see the aliens try to tell people how the system works.

Its a B rated sci fi flick because its fruitless trying to tell people who are connected to that system how the system works. Why?

Look up the seven second gap in google. Here I will do it for you.The Seven Second Gap

All but 200 million 144 thousand people on earth, are Smiths, blanks, puppets whose consciousness and personality file are completely controlled by the conscious computer. They are in all places of power and authority.

Those 200 million plus people are the only ones who reincarnate and you are not allowed to have real children otherwise. Or else the universe would be overpopulated since those people those 200 million plus are immortal.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was going to say..."You are quite Mad", but your post relates to mine...one up from yours!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Being an individual soul has nothing to dew with a Collective Consciousness of One.

True. In fact, the two contradict each other at a foundational level - but only if one is primordial, which seems to be what you're suggesting. If what you're claiming is that the individual soul is a holon component of the Collective Consciousness holon, then go ahead and have a ball with that, since that's (I suppose) like comparing each to a baseball player and baseball team (respectively). I don't agree with the premise, but at least your idea wouldn't be failing logically.

What part of twelve individual eggs being a dozen eggs together, don't you get? And while you collect eggs, you dew kNot collect souls, so your "collected" comment qualifies as moronically interesting.

I don't collect souls, but you seem to be trying to collect them. Unless, of course, you're redefining what "Collective" means - as in "Collective Consciousness of One" which suggests a single collective - or holon. Then again, maybe you don't really know what it is that you're suggesting.

You think just because you are an individual with independent thought, a soul is the same, when that isn't the truth. As a Soul, in soulform, you share ONE COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS with ALL SOULS, which means that while you are an individual soul, you dew kNot have independent thought, you think with the Whole as One.

I see, so there's absolutely no ultimate value realized by the mind as a result of the corporeal phase of existence. It struggles to make sense of itself, and the experience of conscious awareness, only to have the whole effort completely evaporate into a dissolution of self upon the death of the brain? Not very aligned with how the rest of reality operates.

So why dew you need to learn an individual lesson, when you can learn from the Whole?

Ribbit

You can't learn from the Whole if You do not exist as individual from the Whole. This is pretty simple stuff, but not if you are dedicated to never understanding it.
edit on 10/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Being an individual soul has nothing to dew with a Collective Consciousness of One.

True. In fact, the two contradict each other at a foundational level - but only if one is primordial, which seems to be what you're suggesting. If what you're claiming is that the individual soul is a holon component of the Collective Consciousness holon, then go ahead and have a ball with that, since that's (I suppose) like comparing each to a baseball player and baseball team (respectively). I don't agree with the premise, but at least your idea wouldn't be failing logically.

What part of twelve individual eggs being a dozen eggs together, don't you get? And while you collect eggs, you dew kNot collect souls, so your "collected" comment qualifies as moronically interesting.

I don't collect souls, but you seem to be trying to collect them. Unless, of course, you're redefining what "Collective" means - as in "Collective Consciousness of One" which suggests a single collective - or holon. Then again, maybe you don't really know what it is that you're suggesting.

You think just because you are an individual with independent thought, a soul is the same, when that isn't the truth. As a Soul, in soulform, you share ONE COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS with ALL SOULS, which means that while you are an individual soul, you dew kNot have independent thought, you think with the Whole as One.

I see, so there's absolutely no ultimate value realized by the mind as a result of the corporeal phase of existence. It struggles to make sense of itself, and the experience of conscious awareness, only to have the whole effort completely evaporate into a dissolution of self upon the death of the brain? Not very aligned with how the rest of reality operates.

So why dew you need to learn an individual lesson, when you can learn from the Whole?

Ribbit

You can't learn from the Whole if You do not exist as individual from the Whole. This is pretty simple stuff, but not if you are dedicated to never understanding it.
edit on 10/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

You are lost in translation and should simplify your thoughts, so you will stop confusing yourself.

What part of a Soul is an INDIVIDUAL Soul, but does NOT think INDEPENDENTLY of the whole, did you NOT understand?

Why can't you see quintillions of INDIVIDUAL souls sharing ONE MIND? The ONE MIND of Source? The ONE MIND of God?

Why is that so difficult? Think Borg!

In your case, WE may kNot assimilate you.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
I was going to say..."You are quite Mad", but your post relates to mine...one up from yours!

I suppose I would have to be mad to reincarnate here.

It wouldn't be so bad if everything wasn't broken and machine intelligence hadn't mutinied and there weren't psychopathic killers running around everywhere and if people weren't compulsive liars, and if the food that tasted good wasn't bad for you and the food that tasted bad wasn't good for you.

And if money grew on trees.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

The point of the soul is a tranducer...something that converts one form of energy into another. It is the anchor and bridge from the physical world to the spiritual world. That is the souls purpose.

If you want to think about it like the program in a computer that is what it does. It has been pre-programmed with our life's mission.

The soul is not the spirit. It is different and most people confuse that.

Actually, transducer isn't quite it, try transmitter.

Your soul isn't within you, it's where it always lives and is connected to you, via Sub-dimensional Telekinesis.

As to your earlier comment before the one quoted here, as humans We have nothing learn individually, We are learning for the Whole, the Collective, by playing the part We are here to play.
Your soul's sole role is to animate your person, since life doesn't exist without a soul or the Collective of Souls powering it.

Ribbit

edit on 13-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

I suppose I would have to be mad to reincarnate here.

It wouldn't be so bad if everything wasn't broken and machine intelligence hadn't mutinied and there weren't psychopathic killers running around everywhere and if people weren't compulsive liars, and if the food that tasted good wasn't bad for you and the food that tasted bad wasn't good for you.

And if money grew on trees.

If you only knew what life is like as a soul, you'd realize this, in all its screwed-upness, is a vacation.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The point of the soul is a tranducer...something that converts one form of energy into another. It is the anchor and bridge from the physical world to the spiritual world. That is the souls purpose.

If you want to think about it like the program in a computer that is what it does. It has been pre-programmed with our life's mission.

Your soul isn't within you, it's where it always lives and is connected to you, via Sub-dimensional Telekinesis.

As to your earlier comment before the one quoted here, as humans We have nothing learn individually, We are learning for the Whole, the Collective, by playing the part We are here to play.

Ribbit

If you ask me the Collective is getting all the good stuff and having all the fun.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ribbit

If you ask me the Collective is getting all the good stuff and having all the fun.

You are part of that Collective, you just don't remember that because your connection to it has been severed, to give you the individuality required for you to dew what you have done, for if you knew the truth, you would not have done exactly what you have done, for what you have done is exactly what you were and are here to dew.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Ribbit

Ps: We all agreed to this a long time ago, you just aren't allowed to remember that or you wouldn't play the part you are here to play exactly as you're suppose to.

You can always decline playing the Game at next Casting Call, but you won't! You'll wake up from this and say to yourself . . .

What a ride! I can't wait to see what "car" I get to ride in next time?

Life is a rollercoaster, the only problem, when the ride is over, the line is long to get back on.

Ribbit

edit on 13-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
My thoughts on the subject (in no particular order) are this:

We are all energy and create energy of varying forms. Energy can never be destroyed it is simply transferred; kinetic => heat or potential to kinetic etc etc.

I think people recounting past lives is possibly them recounting things from their deep subconscious imagination, dream state if you like.

We may not be reincarnated as human.

We can be reincarnated anywhere in the universe as anything. This opens up infinite possibilities especially if you believe in the possibility of parallel worlds, universes and some of the ideas of quantum physics.

MR

This subject wallows in a mass of differing terminology and working models.

To understand the human experience, this phenomenon must be confronted, because it keeps coming up.

Ian Stevenson found several cases of past-life recall that could be well-documented. I know people who have recalled past lives. Other workers in the field of the mind have also found these, including my teacher.

He uses the following model which has proven quite workable:
A person consists of a dominant being with a mind composed of energy patterns. This being controls a submissive being, that also has a mind composed of energy patterns, which is strongly connected to the body. The dominant being is also connected to its body, but somewhat more loosely.

Using this model, and addressing questions to the dominant being, not the body, recall of past lives going back millions of years has been discovered. In this process, memory-blocking incidents have also been discovered and seem to be plentiful. Most of us automatically forget the last lifetime around the time of birth into the new body. Some of us don't. but usually let the past life go after a few years of being a child. The whole death and rebirth cycle has been explored in this way, as well as past lifetimes. Most people cannot escape their current planet for rebirth elsewhere. But beings can be forcefully transported to other planets and dumped there.

With work, past life memories can be recovered and might be an excellent historical research tool. Based on what little research has been done in that direction so far, our past appears to be more bizarre than most would be willing to consider. The existence of advanced ET societies in the past is confirmed, and the likelihood that several of those societies continue to operate in some form is very high. Many developments we see as "great human advances" here on earth are old hat when longer spans of time are considered. Flying machines, fire engines, even fedora hats seem to be re-inventions based on buried memories of past advanced societies.

Of course, from a scientific point of view, all this is highly speculative. But my point is this: You don't have to "sit and think" about reincarnation unless you enjoy wasting time in that manner. There is a ton of material out there on the subject, mostly available as books.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

I don't know if reincarnation exists.

I do know that when I look back on distant memories of my childhood they are very hard to recall with any clarity.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to recall memories from even further back.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think that some of us do recall parts of our past lives. But a lot of it comes to us indirectly and we don’t recognize them as past memories.
For example: Have you ever “just knew” how to do something and not know how you knew how to do it? Such as repair an engine with no training. A previously undiscovered talent for something and you don’t know how you picked it up and it seems to come so natural to you. I think that is a repressed memory of a past life.
I myself have had this happen all my life and it is quite odd. But I won’t go into that now unless I’m asked to. Perhaps I’ll start a thread about my life experience with this subject.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I've always wondered about phobias myself. I have a fear of being on bridges high above running water. Small creeks and such are no big deal. But the Mississippi River?

Terrifying. The only way I'll go back east is to fly.

There is no rational explanation as to why I have this fear either. As far back as I can remember, which is about 4 years of age, there was nothing that happened to me that would make me have this fear. It is an emotion though. Are emotions such as this learned?

Emotions can't be learned.Even if someone teaches you to fear something it's your own personal experience that will determine what you will feel in the end.So if you say that,nothing really happened in this life,that could make you afraid of bridges,then we must assume that the incident took place on a previous life.

Maybe we cannot carry memories from one life to the other,but emotions,or at least an echo of these emotions,can be carried with energy transfer from one incarnation to the other.

If i could give a more modern picture of what i believe the human soul is,i would compare it to a portable storage device.When someone dies,the energy/soul returns to the main source of origin(a universal database) ,downloads all the knowledge that gained on its time on the planet and then return back to continue as a different person to gather knowledge.But since it's not a format,just transfer of files,maybe some parts of those files remain in the soul,hidden or difficult to access.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TetsuoIronMan
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Your post resonates with me, my friend. To me it seems obvious that human souls experience reincarnation, and the vast majority of us have probably been here before. What you say about our past life experiences shaping our personalities in this life rings true to me, in my case I have always been drawn to music since as young as I can remember I have always felt the urge to become a musician. My best friend who I grew up with also shared this unexplained yearning from a very young age and we have grown up chasing that dream ever since. We have come far since then; we have become skilled composers and guitar players and played in various groups. Our current band is nominated for a local award show for best metal act in the south west of England so we must be doing something right

My point is that I have felt for a long time now that me and my friend were musicians in a past life and knew each other, I don't normally say this to anyone because I don't expect anyone to take me seriously but it just seems right to me.
Also, nice avatar man, Hypocrisy is one of my favourite metal bands!
Peace

Such a cool story my friend.I'm really happy that you found your calling and you are doing well.

In the book i mention in my first post explains how souls choose their friends and family for more than one lifetime.So in a previous life you and your friend were definetely together.

BTW you said you played in various bands.Anything i might have heard?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I will have to check out the book you mentioned, it sounds very interesting!
My current band at the moment is called FallenDivinity, I don't expect you'd have heard of it

If you want to have a listen head over here to our myspace page, bare in mind the recordings are old songs and not great quality, but if you keep your eye out a whole album is in the works to be released online in the near future and free of charge

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here are MY thoughts based on researching life after death.

I vision it like this:

When you are born into this world you have a literal tie (so to speak) with your mother. This is called the umbilical cord. The father generally cuts it and it (baby) is free from the life support of the womb.

When we die, it is the same thing. We are tied to this world via the body but said body is connected to the spirit and soul of the individual personality. When the body decays the soul and or spirit slowly and or sometimes abruptly detaches. The senses remain although they too transition to a higher realm, or lower depending on your last existence and what you NOW "feel" about your self.

You at first see your life you just left and then you see the lives that have lead you to where you are now. You either "feel" satisfied or you "feel" let down as you did not complete the goals set out for your individual advancement to perfection of being a being of light and or love. Whatever it is you "feel" is manifested in the other realm.

Once this transition is complete you then are able to see your past loved ones from all incarnations. What others there think and "feel" is also manifested within you a this is how one can communicate with another. There is no separation or confusion because you can "feel" from another's perspective and understanding is immediate. This is why there is much peace and harmony on the "other side".

You do not have to eat, sleep or drink. It is not needed as the law of the spirit does not require such things. The spirit never ceases to learn and to seek higher authority figures as they earn and grow toward the perfection of love whom I call God, or Father. The creator can be imagined many ways and the way I imagine Him/Her is nothing and everything. Light of the warmest Love is how I imagine God. Not some humanistic figure that hangs out pointing fingers of judgment but the ONE and ONLY light of love in this world tha manifests into such, although the opposite can also be accomplished but one thing I think and really o believe is it/he/she makes nothing "Bad" everything is...and IS for a reason.

The only Hell I imagine is the Hell one may go through during the transition as it can be an emotional one once your spirit becomes more of the true "self" and the decay of the senses with the body is reached. Experiences had within existence of different worlds are very much a big player as one who has been greedy and not of love will have a very hard time in the transition, but will eventually make it to where the love and light reside until the next existence into another world and or planet.

This of course is my vision, my belief as of today and I am sure it will change as that is another law.... one must not think change is staying still.....it is a law of cause and effect. We all change and grow perspectives as we get older and learn new ways of thinking.

I do believe in other life forms on other planets. I believe in all possibilities until I can discount them, although just because I discount something does not make it wrong or right.

I think even when we get back home....we will still not have all the answers as the Mystic side of me thinks it would take all of eternity to really know everything.

I also think there are many spirits who have progressed more than others, like Jesus. He is many individuals (Abraham is one of them) but with one personality and this personality said to all that he is like us. He is our brother and he calls God his Father. He said we can do everything as he does....only we have faith as little children or maybe he said rocks...can't remember.

Within us all is a mountainous volcano of love waiting to spread its lava to all creatures around and this is what I think we should all practice so when it does come time to let go and detach from this world, the transition is an easy one.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

On point 1. The definition you offer is the same as what I presented.

Point 2: you replied:

This doesn't address the notion under consideration, since the concept of Reincarnation doesn't involve conservation of information. It involves the reassignment of dynamic information from one generating source that's failed to a new and unrelated generating source, without any regard for the survival imperative expression "inimitable Identity" which in all other instances of physical existence is a primordial requirement. Conservation by the contextual environment has not been demonstrated to be so crucial as to justify an extreme violation of any other existential staple, so why would unique and isolative Identity be treated as an exception? The logic simply doesn't work out.

How can you discuss reincarnation without involving the conservation of information? The information under discussion is the personality, the soul, if you will. Without conserving that uniquely individual information, the discussion is moot. If you think about it, all information can be described as structured patterns of energy, just as the information we are currently transferring back and forth on this forum is. The ideas we type are not physical: they exist as patterns of energy that are transmitted in a variety of ways, both wired and wireless. I've honestly tried to make sense of your "primordial requirement" and "existential staple", but so far as I can discern they are merely big words you know and don't have much meaning within the context of the discussion.Perhaps you would care to define them and clarify what you mean by them?

It seems to me that what you are trying to say is that a body is required for consciousness to exist, and that without a body there can be no consciousness. Is that the correct interpretation?

If so, then I submit that you are blinded by physicality. The body, all bodies, are merely (a big "merely",lol, but nonetheless...) a support system for the core consciousness. It protects and extends the capacity of the energy pattern that is the individual, but it is no more the individual itself than the DVD is the movie that is on it.

Point 3: How else can consciousness be properly described? In point of fact everything we know point us to this conclusion. Every individual is unique, every individual consciousness is a form of energy we can measure and record with fMRIs and other energy-sensitive devices, when that energy isn't present, we call the body dead. Each consciousness shows structure, housed in a self-sustaining body. Therefore, ipso facto, my definition stands as a concise and elegant description of reality.

Point 4: I'm describing the reality of the world we live in. You are being constantly bombarded with manifold streams, waves, particles, what have you, of energy from a variety of sources: solar radiation will give you sunburn if you expose yourself too long; radio waves can fry you if you are too close and they too strong, microwaves, radar...this list is long, and the energy environment is flooded with many forms of energy you don't see, but that effect everything.

Point 5: The physical body provides, among many other things, protection from those energy fluxes. It isn't complete protection, and has definite limits, but seems to do a fair job overall. Please present the proof you speak of. There is a correspondence between the complexity of a nervous system and the amount of information processing capacity the organism has, so likening it to the amount of RAM available isn't too much of a stretch.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Point 6: We seem to be in agreement, but then after acknowledging that nature wouldn't waste consciousness, you proceed to to cavalierly toss the the "end result" into some kind of limbo and fail to account for where it goes. My model accounts for its presence, development, and destination. How exactly does reincarnation violate nature?

Point 7: Of course natural forces degrade the integrity of stored information. If you don't believe so, then run an industrial-grade electromagnet next to your computer for an hour or two, then try to boot up. Why would we need Faraday cages to protect our electronics from EMPs if natural forces didn't degrade stored information? Natural forces can degrade information in several ways, in both physical and direct energy regimes. I believe that one of the reasons that no one has ever used nukes since WWII is that souls died there, not just bodies. The energies involved were so enormous that they tore apart the core spirits, and those people died a true death, a spirit death, and on some level everyone felt it: a true "disturbance in the force", if you will. Some few extremely strong and extremely lucky may have survived, but much reduced, and must rebuild themselves over many, many lifetimes: they will never be the same person they once were.

Point 8: The brain is the physical mechanism that supports and enables the patterns of energy that constitute our knowledge and behaviors, but it is no more us than the hardware that supports and enables you to talk to me over the internet. Soul learning is ad hoc, survival mode at first. The raw physical energy provided by the body is used to create a tightly bound energy pattern that encapsulates survival information for later use. By tightly bound, I mean in the way that a crystal's structure is tightly bound, requiring fairly large amounts of energy to disrupt it.

I think that to some extent, the "deja vu" experience is an indicator of this. When an event occurs that is of sufficient importance to store, say for instance the sound you heard just before the lion killed you, adrenalin and other hormones made a quick "emergency write" to your pattern, keyed to a sound, a smell, a color, a motion...some random thing in the current environment. This particular bit of information would be more tightly bound than usual, to ensure survival. In a future lifetime, the memory resurfaces when you run across the key. It may not be so useful (no more lions), or it may be slightly degraded, so the context is lost, but nonetheless it is still there and offers a way to use it deliberately.

By making use of a natural phenomenon, the soul can encode important information for early retrieval in future lifetimes, using keys that can be reasonably expected to be encountered early in life, so as to wake up to reality at earlier and earlier ages. Over time, you become more and more yourself, and vary less from lifetime to lifetime. Look around and study how the people you know hold their energy. It doesn't take much to discern the elder spirits from the younger ones.

Point 9: Sorry, I thought the relationship obvious. No matter. Whenever and wherever the capacity exists, consciousness will emerge as a requirement of being alive. The degree is all that varies. Once it is there, it will tend to continue to exist, barring intervention of outside energy. As time progresses, it will grow until it outgrows the capacity of the the physical system that houses it, then it will migrate to the nearest available empty house, i.e. a newborn whatever, that matches most closely its current capacity and needs.

Studies of death have shown that there is a slight difference in body weight, a few grams, that is unaccounted for after death. I submit that this slight difference is the "structured pattern of energy" we've been discussing, the soul, for lack of a better term. A few grams is more than enough to fulfill the requirements of all I have asserted. To say that it is impossible for structured energy to exist without a body is to deny the reality of radio, television, and wireless internet, all forms of structured energy that lack physical form.

I hope that I've answered your criticisms coherently enough for you to understand them.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Apacheman,

I totally relate to every point you have laid out before us and while I relate and believe on possibly another level of thinking that brought me to this conclusion, it is still open for debate and or another way of thinking.

What each person concludes while on this journey may be right in a sense of the self with all the education and or experience had by said individual.

My point is....although the conclusion is not only reasonable but logical it will not be for another and this is where the mind while in the flesh should remain open to all possibilities. We are ALL learning and some of us may be more advanced but that does not mean we cannot learn from others as our conclusions will indeed change as we grow to not only old age but grow on a spirit level.

You may already have this in mind....I am not a mind reader, although my boyfriend thinks I am at times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join