It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Item thats Never mentioned.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
rat trap is pretty limited use, altho rats will probably be the most prolific critter. I keep one rat trap in the BOP, mostly for use as a warning noisemaker tho, hooked to a trip wire, with the trap setting off a rd of .22 ammo in the little pc of pipe set into the trap's wood.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by requirement

Wants to survive when SHTF can't handle the weight of toe nail clippers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by periloustimes

I'd suggest also some toothpicks and some Q-tips. The toothpicks are for taking a bit of cotton off the Q-tips and shoving it under an in-grown toenail--kind of in a "U" shape around the edge of the part of the nail that's in-grown.

I had 2-3 Big toenails pulled off by the Doc who finally taught me that. It has solved many such problems before they got going well. It has also solved many problems of friends who's toes were seriously ugly and infected.

One can soak the cotton in iodine etc. as fits if necessary. As I understand it and have experienced it, it is best to leave the cotton in for at least several days--weeks if fitting and workable with the infection decreasing day by day. Follow Doc's orders if the infection is clearly NOT decreasing.

If it is too painful to shove a full "U" under and around the troublesome edge of the nail at one time--do it a little at a time over an hour or 3. It's best to shove it at least to the uninfected part of the nail if not slightly beyond.

It is IMPORTANT to NOT get too much cotton involved and not too little. Use enough to cushion the nail against the infected skin significantly. But not so much that every step is excruciating beyond bearing.

It is also good to take a toenail clipper and clip off any excess that might cause the treatment "U" to become dislodged.

Normally, I did not bandage the toe after installing the cotton. IF there's a chance unbandaged that the cotton would come out, one can certainly bandage it. I find that paper tape works best. Usually, with such ingrown toenails, sandals are best.

It's quite OK to let it get wet in the shower. It's quite OK to soak the toe in Epson Salts after installing the "U."

It needs to be thick enough and installed fully enough that it's not very easily going to become dislodged.

Anyone who's had a big toenail removed knows how painful the recovery is for how long. This is a MUCH better and far more effective treatment, in my experience.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by vatel

Good Lord, who did they use as the model for that toe nail clipper extension kit... Bigfoot?

They probably also wash themselves with "a rag on a stick"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Good thought on that wrist watch idea!
I don't think EMP would effect a wind up model.
But, being retired my internal clock works better than any watch ever did for me.
When the sun is up it is day, when it is not it is night!

If TSHTF, I'm not gonna worry about making any appointments.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Here's one that I don't see mentioned hardly ever: Toilet Paper. I'm a janitor. When they hired me, they told me to change the tp at about 1/4 of a roll. I've been collecting them for 2 years now, and have about 15 boxes of tp saved for the apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JonX1

i use toilet paper at home - cos its cheap - and my house is dry and orderly

but when ` out and about ` - i only use wet wipes

because :

1 - less bulk

2 - can be used for more purposes

3 - dont need double bagging - soggy bog roll is useless ballast

wet wipes TFW

PS - i also has multi use ` kitchen cloths ` - that can be used wet // dry for other things .

these too are strong when wet and used dry - can do anyhing that TP can

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenNum287119327
save weight. learn yoga. bite them suckers.

Employ children to bite them for you whilst you go about making cordage from nettles and stuff.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
And don't forget to include a spare pair or two of eye glasses. For when the Apocalypse finally gives you time enough at last to catch up on all your reading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join