It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Guests Be Allowed To Participate In ATS Surveys?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

i think thoughs who are for violence in the movment might be in the ether younger or crowd or the soverin citzen crowd .

but i think its a good point alota folks like to talk a big game on here(internet) but when thay aculy see the police in full riot gear ,that first person geting a ther heads cracked and hauled off tends to change minds pretty quick lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by lpowell0627

Actually, there hasn't been any particular spike in membership enrollment coincident with the polls. The polls themselves were in response to a significant number of member requests to do some polling. The polls weren't some marketing plot hatched to drive revenue, although it seems no matter what we do, a set percentage sees it that way.

I in no way meant to infer it was done as a marketing ploy, rather I was thinking that increased enrollment -- ALWAYS good for business -- was a possible result, a side effect rather than the cause, of people participating in the polls.

I am not part of any 'set' as you call it.

Rather, I have a sales and marketing background and was thinking that increased promotion of the site, through a new vehicle such as these polls, would increase traffic and subsequently increase profits for ATS. Which, to me, is a GOOD thing, since it ensures the longevity of the site.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm glad that there are some thoughtful replies to this thread. I've read all of the posts and thought about what it means to let guests participate in surveys. In retrospect, I have to be honest and say that I was feeling a little territorial about ATS, in that I didn't want "outsiders" coming in and "goofing" our polls with their sometimes extreme answers. I do want to know what the "general public" thinks about these issues, and I also want to know what ATS members think and feel. In my OP, I did say I was leaning towards thinking that non-members shouldn't participate, but that I am open to both sides of the debate. If increased traffic is ultimately good for ATS, then I'm for it ( I like this site a lot, and I want it to succeed and grow ).
When I saw the numbers, and the discrepancy between the two camps, I couldn't help but feel that the guests were just giving dishonest answers for fun or mischief. Of course, I think this makes ATS members look good, and not like fringy-nut-cases, too, so that's a positive.
After some consideration, I feel that guests participating is a good thing.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join