It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian Soccer Player Reportedly Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus Tattoo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I am not a Christian, BUT THIS IS WRONG! It would be like us arresting a man at the mall for having a tattoo of the Koran......

I guess in this day and age it is just wise to keep your religion under your sleeve......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Perhaps we see a trend?

some articles from last couple days.

The Saudis just playing along ?

(CNSNews.com) -- There is not a single, public Christian church left in Afghanistan, according to the U.S. State Department.

This reflects the state of religious freedom in that country ten years after the United States first invaded it and overthrew its Islamist Taliban regime.........

“There is no longer a public Christian church; the courts have not upheld the church's claim to its 99-year lease, and the landowner destroyed the building in March [2010],” reads the State Department report on religious freedom. “[Private] chapels and churches for the international community of various faiths are located on several military bases, PRTs [Provincial Reconstruction Teams], and at the Italian embassy. Some citizens who converted to Christianity as refugees have returned.”

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department

(CNSNews.com) – There is only “one known Jewish resident” still living in Afghanistan, according to the U.S. State Department.

That is despite the fact that Jews have lived in Afghanistan for nearly three millenia, and had a local population that was 40,000 strong as of the mid-1800s, according to the Jewish Virtual Library, a division of the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise......

Only One Jewish Resident Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department

and in Libya?

(from Sept)

However, there is concern whether some Islamic militants in the new regime might want to restrict or even end religious freedom. Perhaps the most vulnerable in this new era will be the minority Christian population.

Although Libya is 97% Muslim, there are two main Catholic churches in Tripoli and Benghazi. Currently, just 25 priests serve the approximate 80,000 Roman Catholics there.

There are also roughly 100 Catholic nuns of various nationalities who work in hospitals and health centers throughout the country.

Uncertain Future for Christians in Libya

Hmmmmm ?

and don't count out the Egypt problems against Coptic Christians there.
edit on Oct-12-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Islam Jihad
Talmudic law precedents being set in the US
Christian Dominists/New Apostle Reformists advocating taking over our country with OLD TESTAMENT laws
New Age religions advocating "all others gotta go"
Freemasonry/Illuminati

Yes, the rise of evil is everywhere.
The simple "Love you neighbour/Thou shalt not kill" Christian has been persecuted along with many other groups. When people are willing to join any religious group which espouses the killing/elimination of others, then they are just as responsible for any death which occurs.

Christian Reconstructionists
""A number of years ago, a friend of mine sat in on a meeting of Reconstructionists and asked if they truly intended to apply the biblical laws such as stoning and other capital punishments, to which a national leader of the movement replied, “Absolutely!” truelightministries.org...

Talmudic Law in the US
"In November 2002, the American Orthodox Jewish community held a kosher dinner in the Supreme Court building to celebrate the establishment of the National Institute for Judaic Law. (44) The dinner was attended by 200 people, including three Supreme Court Justices. The purpose of the Institute is to introduce Talmudic laws into the US legal system and law schools" www.come-and-hear.com...

New Age Movements
"Nevertheless, these radical New Age leaders believe that the two World Wars were necessary for human evolution, and that the birth pangs of the New Age began with the atomic explosions in 1945. They also advocate sending those people who are unwilling to enter the New Age into oblivion, and reducing world population to 2 billion - or less. Such is the blood lust of the "compassionate." www.mgr.org...

Islam
"Islamic philosophy holds that a harsh punishment serves as a deterrent to serious crimes that harm individual victims, or threaten to destabilize the foundation of society. According to Islamic law... the following two crimes can be punishable by death:"
1) Intentional murder
2) fil-ardh ("spreading mischief in the land")
This can include Treason / Apostacy (when one leaves the faith and joins the enemy in fighting against the Muslim community), Terrorism, Land, sea, or air piracy,Rape, Adultery, Homosexual behavior."

I'm trying to make the point that the same thing is coming to the Western world. Whilst we rightly decry this treatment of a Christian in a Muslim land (over a tattoo!), I can foresee a time when these same sort of archaic Talmudic and "Old Testament Laws" and "Sharia laws" will come to us. And guess what, all groups from Athiests to Christians will be slaughtered by people who think that they are doing "Gods will".

Look at the news in Europe, Australia and the US - Muslim communities are asking for Sharia law, Dominion/Reconstructionist Christians are openly advocating Old Testament laws and the Talmudic Law is infiltrating our US legal system as precedents. Guess what all three advocate for noncompliance? Capital punishment...It's surrounding those of us who will not comply - encircling us. Every single one of us who advocate non violence better come together. I'll be looking to shelter in a loving atheist's house just as fast as one will seek safe shelter in my loving Christian home.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

We get poked in the sack everday my friend. It is time for the bear to bite, and bite down hard. All you Sepos out there should know that if you muck around with a grizzly, it it going to ruin your day. I think that day is coming.

Edit: I would however like to point out that not all Muslims are like this. I have many Muslim friends in France that have integrated into our culture. They still pracatice their faith, in private, but do not try to impose it on others.
edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

EditEdit: For all of you that do not know what a Seppo is. Sepo.......Septic Tank........Yank. And do not worry, you want to hear what my friend from Montana calls me. LOL
edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

Maybe its time to actually do the work we all came to do, that is wake up and see through the entire world and its systems, and overcome it, and ourselves. Not React, because, as I was told, there is operating on this planet, One Country, and One Government Already, so this is just posturing for the masses, and be very peaceful.

Because its all a test. And the tests is ultimately about how progressed we can grow our consciousness/intellect/soul/awareness/compassion/understanding/peacefulness. Advanced citizens of this Cosmos and Beyond are only love and service.

By not reacting and putting the blame where it truly belongs, on our leaders and the ones over their head, perhaps we can actually start to do the real Growth Work, ie, not be passive/aggressive, lazy children, but meet up and ensure every single person, especially the most vulnerable, the single parents, the handicapped, the poor, the elderly, the mentally ill, and the homeless, ARE GIVEN VOICES OR HAVE ADVOCATES, and then start to problem solve, the way the corrupt leaders don't, together in an inclusive, helpful to everyone, respectful of everyone way.

Because that is called Growing Up. Of course I would have teams that just rescued people out of bad countries, whether or not they were local to that country. And then you can negotiate with leaders, or bypass them, depending on whether they listen. If they don't, we can take all the businesses and replace them locally, giving shares to the most vulnerable.

And export this model throughout the world.

No fighting.

Because War and Vengeance is the gravity thing, regression, opposite passing.

Ever wonder why those serving the dark side want everyone fighting.

No reacting. Draw out the light inside and start to work with all people. Thats the real job, thats called growing up.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Was he arrested for Jesus tatoos or wearing the sleeveless shirt which to a country that has strict morals about dress be seen as being partially naked.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

A soccer player from Colombia reportedly was detained in Saudi Arabia for walking through a mall wearing a sleeveless shirt that revealed his religious tattoos, including one of Jesus.

Juan Pablo Pino, 24, a member of Saudi Arabia’s Al Nasr soccer club, was taken into custody in Riyadh on Friday by Saudi moral police after mall customers complained about the tattoos. Pino was visiting the mall with his pregnant wife, the Catholic News Agency reports. Read more: www.foxnews.com...#_tab#ixzz1aYJK87BR

Mods, if this isn't the correct forum, please move it. In fact, seeing as how Christianity is under fire all over the world - including beatings, forced conversions, rapes and beheadings on an epidemic scale- perhaps a forum dedicated to the religious persecution of Christians is in order. There are new atrocities being reported every day!

So apparently, it is against the law in Saudi Arabia to even have a tattoo. If that tattoo happens to be of a cross, then stand the F by, because the morality police are going to get you. I'm actually surprised they even let the man play for a Saudi team knowing that he was a Christian before hand.

If I was him, I'd tell the Saudis to find someone else to kick their balls around.

Yes the persecution is ramping up worldwide against us. Ofcourse it doesnt help when we have psuedo christians in Peru who are murdering pagan shaman and witch doctors because they refuse to convert to christianity.

People please keep in mind if you see people calling themselves christians but they violate the commandments and Jesus Christ's teachings then they arenot true christians.

In regards to the tatoo issue in Saudi Arabia, i don't see how they have the right to dictate what someone else from a different nation does to their own bodies. Some people wish to brand themselves with a symbol for their god or gods, its their choice because it is their body. If someone has a problem with this they get off their high horses and kiss my ass. Jesus and the apostles used the sign of the fish to symbolize that they were fishers of men. If i want to tattoo the fish symbol, or a cross, or the bloody Ark of the Covenant on my skin it is my right because this corrupted shell is going into the dust when i die anyway. God doesnt care about whats on your skin he cares about what you got going in your heart.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by OldCorp

I am not a Christian, BUT THIS IS WRONG! It would be like us arresting a man at the mall for having a tattoo of the Koran......

I guess in this day and age it is just wise to keep your religion under your sleeve......

In this day and age, it would be more wise to try and pay attention to foreign countries laws before you go, esspecialy when the country you are going to is known for its harsh laws and punishments.

imo ... the columbian footballer was a bit of an idiot for being so arrogant to think his love of "god" (lol) would be accepted by all ... esspecialy an extremely strict islamic country!

he has noone to blame but his self ... all the christianity and america fanboys need to see past their idiotic levels of arrogance that seems to make them believe their always in the right, and because they do it the whole world must accept it.

like i said... he should have done a bit of reading up on local saudi laws and not be so arrogant to think he knows it all and he is above any laws!

(ps, not all americans and christians have this levels of arrogance, but the OP deffinitely displays this)
edit on 12-10-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This is a lie. Posted to further hate against Muslims. There is no war on christianity in Saudi Arabia. The king's highest minister is a Christian so quit lying. It had nothing to do with Jesus it had everything to do with displaying tatoos in public. If there's any war of hate being fostered it is you and your ilk.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He's lucky it happend in the emirates.
Other places could be far far worse.

Oh and to the other interpretations of what Islam is and isn't,
there is a major theological problem with translating the Quran.

The only true interpretation is through observing Muslim Men.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh, the irony.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

If only Christians would read the Bible and follow its instructions and laws rather than just talking nonsense all the time.

Jesus specifically stated:

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Biblical punishment for making (or, even worse, worshipping) such an image as Jesus's face or a crucifix was genoicide. The utter eradication of the offending tribe. Think on that next time as you profess your love of God, each time you kneel before your two nailed planks or stroke your plastic Mary or tattoo your arm with the Messiah - you are telling your God that His words mean nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
but, "When in Rome ..."

Yes, It's way over the top.

though,
3. Jesus is also the Muslims Messiah.

No He's not. Muslims consider Christ to have been the JEWISH Messiah, but they do not recognize Him as the Son of God. The Muslim "messiah" is the Madhi, who they believe is even above Christ, who has been relegated to the role of simple prophet.

i am a muslim, and i can honestly tell you , 90% of all that goes on around here and all the talk you people "talk" is absolute BS .

you know nothing of islam except what you read from western books or ill translations or by just looking at illiterate brainwashed people who blow themsleves up....

let me ask you, if islam strictly tells you NOT to kill another muslim, yet a muslim goes and does that, does he represent islam? you think a muslim is an identity on paper that you are born with?

you are born without religion, it is what faith you are brought up to believe is the real faith , that is what you believe.

I can assure you the MAHDi, is not the muslim messiah as you incorrectly state, Jesus is the muslim messiah, the mahdi will come at the end of times and he will fight a war against tyranny and to bring peace to this world, and he will fight the antichrist , and jesus will kill the AC .

Please get your facts str8, for the love of god.

And let me tell you another thing , please be assured of this, there is NO such thing as TAQIYYAH in islam, and whoever tells you there is is either misinformed or fallen to propaganda.trust me i am a muslim and i know.and alot of what the OP is saying is incorrect, and you can ask me about explanations and i will try my best to clear them up ,

thanks

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
Oh, the irony.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

If only Christians would read the Bible and follow its instructions and laws rather than just talking nonsense all the time.

Jesus specifically stated:

Matthew 5:17-18 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Biblical punishment for making (or, even worse, worshipping) such an image as Jesus's face or a crucifix was genoicide. The utter eradication of the offending tribe. Think on that next time as you profess your love of God, each time you kneel before your two nailed planks or stroke your plastic Mary or tattoo your arm with the Messiah - you are telling your God that His words mean nothing.

Were not worshipping these symbols, we use them as signs to identify who we are because we are not afraid to show who we believe in. These are not graven images. A graven image is an idol and it doesn't become graven unless you worship it, and i'll thank you to lose your "holier than thou" attitude. Jesus himself used the symbol of the fish to identify who he was to others and so did the apostles, we are just following his example but with a cross to signify that the cross is empty and that he is alive.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well for anyone that forgot how we started out in this world, the adama and eve ran around naked before their fall from grace, and God was perfectly fine with it. Look at children, they run around naked without a care in the world, that is how mankind used to be when we started out. Thats from a biblical point of view. If what someone is wearing offends you, avert your eyes, no one has a gun aimed at your head forcing you to look. My 2 cents worth.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are talking like a papist....
You don't 'worship' the images you just use them as surrogates?
Read the Bible. NO graven images. God didn't ask for your interpretation.

And this is just nonsense:

Jesus himself used the symbol of the fish to identify who he was to others and so did the apostles, we are just following his example but with a cross to signify that the cross is empty and that he is alive.

Early Christians used the symbol to identify themselves and meeting points but please show me where Jesus told them to use ANY symbol in the Bible....
And as for the use of the cross... you need to read some history before you start attempting hermeneutics and exegesis.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: more details

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yeah there's no war on Chrisitians in Saudia Arabia expect the fact that if you convert to Christianity you get executed. Non-Muslim worshipers risk arrest, imprisonment, lashing, deportation, and sometimes torture for offences such as carrying a bible but to be fair i'd rather be a Christian than a woman there.

Basically it's Religious Apartheid, denying it is just pure ignorance.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

What percentage of Muslims do you believe deserve your hate??

Serious question..

Brother, I hate NO man. Hate is an emotion that is of very little use to me. What I "hate" is injustice, and I don't care if those who seek to enslave their fellow man are Christian, Muslim, Hebrew, Hindu, or Buddhist; but if I see true injustice coming from any quarter, then THAT is when I'll say something.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oh, the irony.

I doubt very highly that the soccer player was "worshiping" his own tattoo. I'm sorry, but your argument has zero merit.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Colombian Soccer Player Reportedly Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus Tattoo

This is why every religion, no matters wich one,... sucks!!!! What a lame invent from us.
By the way, im colombian too like Juan Pablo Pino, and he´s an excellent striker, and he´s very young.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well, I'm glad that you are eminently qualified to decide upon such matters, being a prominent theologian.
Oh, wait....

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

The OP's argument was that the Saudis, being Moslems, arrested the Columbian because he was a Christian. They clearly arrested him because of two reasons:

1. Shafi'is' rules on modesty (you Americans should know something about that. Over here in Europe it is common to see a nude female on a daytime television advert whereas you almost stoned Janet Jackson for baring a boob)
2. The depiction of Jesus (who Moslems believe was sent by God to preach Mosaic Law, (which does include that 2nd Commandment which quasi and faux Christians like to ignore))

Zero merit, eh?

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Ignorance, and Indoctrinated Naive Gullibility followed with him

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are talking like a papist....
You don't 'worship' the images you just use them as surrogates?
Read the Bible. NO graven images. God didn't ask for your interpretation.

And this is just nonsense:

Jesus himself used the symbol of the fish to identify who he was to others and so did the apostles, we are just following his example but with a cross to signify that the cross is empty and that he is alive.

Early Christians used the symbol to identify themselves and meeting points but please show me where Jesus told them to use ANY symbol in the Bible....
And as for the use of the cross... you need to read some history before you start attempting hermeneutics and exegesis.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: more details

You obviously do not know what a graven image is. A graven image is an idol and we are not worshipping the crosses we wear or tattoo on our skin. I'll wear a tattoo of a cross if i want too and die for Christ if it comes to that. I'm not worshipping anything but the Lord himself, i wear a cross as an evangelical tool. I wear it and sometimes people ask why i wear that and what it is about, and then i tell them about Jesus Christ. Thats what crosses are for us as protestants, they are not idols and we do not worship them. What matters is Jesus Christ, everything else falls to nothing before him and if you were a christian you should know that.

Denominationism is also wrong, but it doesn't stop churches from doing it. Denominations separate the church and cause petty bickering and infighting when Jesus Christ is the tie that binds us all together and we should be preparing the church for the Last Days and preparing the way for the Lord because he is coming. I will say no more on this matter except to say that brothers and sisters in Christ are not to be fighting eachother. We are bound by a bond that is stronger than blood, stronger than death and stronger than eternity. We need to be supporting eachother and giving eachother our strength, not squabbling over whose doctrine is the correct version, or what clothes you wear when you worship.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join