It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Spanish Muslims Waging an Anti-Dog Jihad by Poisoning Them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Are Spanish Muslims Waging an Anti-Dog Jihad by Poisoning Them?

A series of suspicious dog poisonings in northeast Spain have led some local residents to believe that a Jihad is being waged by the Muslim community against beloved family pets.

All of the dogs fed poison were found in the heavily Muslim neighborhoods of Cappont and La Bordeta. In recent years there have been many others dogs poisoned in these same areas under foul play circumstances.

Over the past few months, Muslim residents have also harassed dog owners taking their pets for walks in public. In response to these threatening displays, a group of 50 Catalan residents have arranged six-person rotating patrols to protect dogs and their owners in public.

(Muslims) “asked city officials to regulate the presence of dogs in public spaces so they do not offend Muslims. Muslims are demanding that dogs be banned from all forms of public transportation including all city buses as well as from all areas frequented by Muslim immigrants.”

Muslims in Spain Declare Jihad on Dogs

www.rightsidenews.com...

Spanish authorities are investigating the recent deaths by poisoning of more than a dozen dogs in Lérida, a city in the northeastern region of Catalonia that has become ground zero in an intensifying debate over the role of Islam in Spain.

Muslims in Lérida say the presence of dogs violates their religious freedom and their right to live according to Islamic principles.

I'm posting this for a reaction. I want to hear your opinion.

1 - Would you poison an animal that offended your religion?

2 - Is it your opinion this is an actual problem, or, just more 'Muslim-bashing'?

3 - If it's your opinion Muslims are in fact poisoning dogs what do you believe should be done about it? Banning dogs in public to save the lives of dogs? Or prosecuting (the offending) Muslims to the fullest? Both?

My opinion? I try putting myself in their shoes and how humiliating and revolting it must be to have to 'mix' in public, with dogs. That said, no matter how understanding I try to be? I will NEVER understand someone who poisons animals.

Never!

CARE

"I am only following orders"

Sahi muslim 3811 book of transaction: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered the killing of dogs and we would send (men) in Medina and its corners and we did not spare any dog that we did not kill, so much so that we killed the dog that accompanied the wet she-camel belonging to the people of the desert.
source

PEACE

edit on 12-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

1 - Would you poison an animal that offended your religion?

Never.

2 - Is it your opinion this is an actual problem, or, just more 'Muslim-bashing'?

It is possible, fundamentalist religious people are not right in the head, and such element is present among muslims. Tough the source looks biased, but even if some of it is true, it is alarming.

3 - If it's your opinion Muslims are in fact poisoning dogs what do you believe should be done about it? Banning dogs in public to save the lives of dogs? Or prosecuting (the offending) Muslims to the fullest? Both?

The second case, prosecuting them to the fullest, swift deportation if they are not citizens, and add them to the list of political/religious extremists to keep an eye on them in the future.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I agree the sources are unsympathetic towards Muslims - but there are soo many sources out there posting the same. I will find and post a couple unbiased news links covering the same reports. Good point well headed thanks.

swift deportation if they are not citizens, and add them to the list of political/religious extremists to keep an eye on them in the future.

Excellent. And from an admittedly Western brain atop my head I'd have to agree to 'keeping an eye' on them in the future. I've read how harming animals is an indication of really incredulous characters (serial killers, etc). But isn't that also biased thinking?

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If my dog is ever poisoned, and I live not far from a city that has a large Muslim population and close to the Spanish border, and I can identify who did it, retribution would be swift and heavy.

Edit: You know, people blame all the Muslim hate on the MSM. However, reading this and listening around, the MSM is not really required. The Muslims are making a good job of creating hatred against them themselves. lI try to be tolerant, I try to understand that they are a different culture, but they are not willing to meet halfway.

I am starting to think that it is time to take the fight to them and see how they like it.

They already have many free Mulsim states. If they want to live in a Muslim state, they can chose one of them. Not our non-Muslim ones and try to convert it. If you do not like where you live FING MOVE.

Sorry, lost my temper, please forgive me. Rant over.

edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added rant.

edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If the person is found, whoever it is should be punished by the law as is suitable. It could offend their religion, but you can't offend other citizens by banning dogs also.

On another note, I do find it absurd to think people can feel that they are 'mixing' or if it's coming from some idea people are higher or more important than dogs. Afterall we are all insignificant.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Insignificant and significant at the same time. It is just a point of view. You are right though, dogs have feeling and emotions too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

You know, people blame all the Muslim hate on the MSM. However, reading this and listening around, the MSM is not really required. The Muslims are making a good job of creating hatred against them themselves. lI try to be tolerant, I try to understand that they are a different culture, but they are not willing to meet halfway.

I am starting to think that it is time to take the fight to them and see how they like it.

They already have many free Muslim states. If they want to live in a Muslim state, they can chose one of them. Not our non-Muslim ones and try to convert it. If you do not like where you live *snip* MOVE.

I appreciate and applaud your honesty, and your opinion. I agree completely. If you want to live in my house, it's by my rules. If you don't like it? You can go back to your own home. Is that intolerant? When it comes to poising dogs (among other things) - you bet.

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
and your beloved EU govts support islamic fundamentalists in Libya and Syria. You reap what you sow.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I, as an individual, support nothing of the sort.
This attack, on my dog, would be a personal affront. My retribution would, in kind, be a personal one.
No governements, no officials, just me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Poisoning any animal, any being is unacceptable in my eyes. Though do remember, that although these dogs are poisoned...think about all the other animals in the food industry and their treatment as well. This isn't religion backed but it's driven by cold hearted beings.

My religion and my views..well we're not too fond in killing animals in any type of way

But sheeeeesh, can I please highlight this point (the last sentence particularly):

The majority of Muslim jurists consider dogs to be ritually unclean, though jurists from the Sunni Maliki school disagree. However, outside their ritual uncleanness, Islamic fatāwā, or rulings, enjoin that dogs be treated kindly or else be freed.

Dogs, outside the ritual legal discourse, were often portrayed in the literature as a symbol of highly esteemed virtues such as self-sacrifice and loyalty or on the other hand as an oppressive instrument in the hands of despotic and unjust rulers.[24]

I personally think it's misinterpretation by the Muslims. As you can see...it's only in rituals they're seen to be unclean. Killing those outside of rituals for no reason..that shouldn't be acceptable in Islam.
edit on 12-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

That is a valid point.
I hold to what I say above. Many folk see their dog as a part of the family. For religous reasons or not, there would be payback and yes, I would be willing to face the law after the fact too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

dont worry you will have Sharia law in France in a matter of years and you and your dog will be wearing Burkha ,

Also you will be in jail for manslaughter.After that muslims will behead you like a goat.
edit on 12-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Murder, premeditated.

The Burkha is illegal in France and, thank goodness, my dog is male, so he will not be wearing one anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

I, as an individual, support nothing of the sort.
This attack, on my dog, would be a personal affront. My retribution would, in kind, be a personal one.
No governements, no officials, just me.

^^^ I'm with you

I love my dog like my Kids

Strays are annoying but its a human fault not the dogs.

Are they not Gods creation?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

and yet there are undeclared sharia law zones in France.

You better buy a burkha for your dog.You will need it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
According to Islamic sources, all animals are Gods creations and deserve to be treated with compassion and respect.

And as a Muslim educated in Sharia for 20 years of her life I should know exactly what God would do to those who poison animals and treat them like this out of spite. This is preposterous and they deserve to be put in jail for their crimes.

The hadiths that discuss dogs only refer to their saliva as being 'dirty' and mention cleaning to be put to the max after a dog licks a bowl for example. This is in no way an excuse for mistreating the animal. Considering the desert conditions and the kind of food dogs eat (raw meat or what not) this can be understandable. The bowl referred to would be something a human would use.

The same goes for pigs. They are unclean to eat but that does not make them useless, or unworthy of being alive.

The level at which some Muslims might go to use these excuses to harm animals shows their utter lack of respect for the life of a creature who needs protection and care from us. If they have truly done so, I would be happy to see them convicted and pay the price.

Oh and I own a dog.

Haters gonna hate.

edit on 12-10-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

There you are. The voice of reason.
Please tell me, do you consider it right to protect those that are close to you, even non human?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Not around our neck of the woods, nor would they be tolerated. They had better start buying berets for their goats.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yes well more so the ones that aren't human, simply because they can't speak out and defend themselves. God says he created us as vicegerents over all creatures on earth. That means we are responsible for their well being and need to look after them because we know better.

I suppose it all goes back to whether your parents taught you to respect your surroundings and all creatures tho. My dad used to hit us on the head if he saw us throwing bubble gum on the street. But compassion came easily for us because we were treated with compassion.
edit on 12-10-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
According to the article, the people who are supposedly responsible for these acts were 'salafi'.

Salafi's are also called Wahhabis. They are a very crude bunch of extremists. They abhor anything modern and are almost always very adamant on their ignorant ways. I truly hope their numbers aren't increasing in Europe. They're like a cult of some sort. They ignore all of the level headed teachings within Islam and go all the way to twisting the teachings to suit their own hateful agendas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join