It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell, was it The Rusians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
just read something interesting i hadn't seen before: (theres this and other things at this site: listverse.com...), enjoy

According to the author, what the US really recovered at Roswell was not a spacecraft with aliens from outer space, but a Soviet aircraft with unknown and mysterious flying capabilities. The US knew the crashed aircraft was of Soviet, and not other-worldly, design because Russian language lettering had been found on the crashed remains. The aircraft had capabilities no one in Area 51, or anyone else, had ever seen. The aircraft could both hover and fly. No US technology at the time could do such a thing. Vannevar Bush ordered six selected engineers, working in total secrecy, to reverse engineer it and figure out how it worked. The project would be so secret, it would remain black forever, it would never be known outside a mere handful of people, such as Bush. The operation would have no name, it would simply go by a letter-number designation, S-4 or Sigma-Four. But there was more……..

The engineers also had to reverse engineer the bodies recovered from the crash scene. Not alien bodies, human bodies. But human bodies like none ever seen – mutated, surgically altered children. Two of the child-size aviators were still “alive”, but not conscious, in a comatose state. They were kept alive in life-support chambers at Area 51, so they could be studied. They were tiny even for children, and had very large heads compared to the rest of their bodies. They were estimated to be thirteen years old, and also had oversized eyes. The engineers who would experiment on these aviators were told it was possible Nazi doctor Joseph Mengele had operated on them (in exchange for a promise by Stalin to get his own laboratory in Russia, a promise Stalin did not keep) before he escaped Europe for South America.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by greeny122229

Strange story, but you know what they say, the truth can often be stranger than fiction.

However, here is my personal spin on the story. It was a huge disino campaign aimed at Russia. There was no crash at all. The US staged it, annocounced "by accident" that they had recovered a crashed disc and then pretended to try to cover it up.

This way, it would lead the Russians to believe that the US was in possesion of advanced technology, giving them the edge on an up and coming cold war. Stories were then allowed and even encouraged to circulate in order to build on the urban legend and lend a little weight to the fabrication.

The debris could have easily been planted in order to convince locals.

This is only my personal theory of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeny122229
just read something interesting i hadn't seen before:

We've seen it before...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and many more

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
TextText Orange

Interesting, I have never heard of that website, and def. won't be checking it out. I am surprised someone creating a post has no input, thoughts, or feelings to share, but am sure the agenda isn't self beneficial. Good Luck

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

just a site i stumbled across after watching a doc on america reasons of entry to world war 2 which led me onto classified materials (as they mentioned this as being a key reason for the entry), this led me to top secret, and this site was one of the hits, had a top 10 list of top secret stuff and this was at the bottom of it as a you decide, mostly was nuclear bomb testing and such like, the most interesting being project teak and orange.

Sorry didn't realise it had already been posted so many times - not something i had seen over the last few years i've been using this site.

Ta

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The theory that it was an actual craft from outer space that crashed is more plausible than the one you put forth IMO.

While everything you stated is possible, it's just not very plausible.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Russia and US have saucers so perhaps thats the only truth in that story.
Just one spec of truth and the images flow forth for a lot of writers.
Roswell was us or the newly arrived Operation Paperclip people.
I suspect the German saucer pilot trainers in Alamogordo needed some
slack and called on some people set up a hoax to blame saucer flights
on outer space people. I heard nuclear scientist were at Alamogordo
as well.

top topics

join