It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Cows Hellish Pain From Deranged Barbarity Is Optional Thanks to Govt in Oz.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not long ago the barbaric inhumane deranged almost satanic practices of Indonesian abbatoirs who bought Australian Live exported cattle was exposed.
The ouitcry in Australia was huge , the live export trade was suspended.
Less than six months on , the live trade export of cattle has resumed and read this link explaining how stunning animals before beating them to death or breaking their legs ect whilst workers laugh and whoop is optional and only best practic recommendation.
www.smh.com.au...

I honestly feel ashamed of being an Australian...and thats fair dinkum.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

That's disgusting.

I, too, am ashamed. I cannot believe in 2011 we are still battling cruelty to animals. Hold on, people are still starving, being trafficked, being raped, children are still being abducted and molested.....all the terrible things that happened years ago are still happening today around the world, even in modern, western, countries.

As much as we want to say we are advanced, we're just a fancier version of the dark ages.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

As George Harrison sang "All Things Must Pass" which thankfully for the tormented brutalised tortured Humans?animals on this Planet is Gods redemption of all.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not to take away from what you are saying because I agree it is not right and animals should if be killed out of necessity and should be given a quick painless honorable death.
- But as pointed out by other posters, there are humans undergoing this as well, and I think we need to get our priorities right from the start, save our own kind this torture before we save the animals.
As I said I dont mean to take away from the value of what you are saying, I just think if we are ever going to sovle anything we all need one common goal, so lets make it humans first and then I will be there along side you to fight for animal rights.
edit on 12-10-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It's all about money and the fact that some farmers threatened to commit suicide if they go bust.

Our Labor Govt is a bloody disgrace. NZ put a stop to live exports years ago and opened up Islamic meat works and exported the meat frozen. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
the Australian government cant even look after the welfare of their own people let alone animal's, hopefully the ones who allow this stuff to happen come back as the animal they let it happen to and suffer over and over again for what they have done.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm an Aussie and my uncle has been a cattle man for over 40 years. I spoke to him at length about the ban on live cattle exports and he could see the point in both sides of the argument. On the one hand, as a man who has worked with animals all his life, he was appalled at the treatment the cattle received at the abattoirs. On the other hand, speaking from the standpoint of someone employed by the beef cattle industry for many years, he related to me the damage the bannings would do to the exporters, the station owners, truck drivers, feed-lot operators and various other interests. When I questioned the necessity of live exports over dressed carcasses he quite rightly pointed out that most of these meat-works and retailers involved lacked proper refrigeration facilities fro storing large ammounts of pre-processed beef.

We both came to the agreement that the banning was a knee-jerk reaction to public sentiment (probably the first time EVER in politics and foreign relations) and the decision was not properly thought through. What I still fail to understand, especially when we see so many Aussie companies being sold to foreign interests, is why the heck didn't a bunch of us go over to Indo and buy/build abattoirs to process the animals in a manner more befitting the standards we expect here. There were $$$ to be made that no-one seemed to cotton onto...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
Not to take away from what you are saying because I agree it is not right and animals should if be killed out of necessity and should be given a quick painless honorable death.
- But as pointed out by other posters, there are humans undergoing this as well, and I think we need to get our priorities right from the start, save our own kind this torture before we save the animals.
As I said I dont mean to take away from the value of what you are saying, I just think if we are ever going to sovle anything we all need one common goal, so lets make it humans first and then I will be there along side you to fight for animal rights.

They say cruelty to animals in childhood progresses to Wife Bashing , murder, violent rape, ect it has been researched .
Cruelty and torture is horrific whether it be an animal or a Human being.
Onc eyou differentiate we become just as Physcopathic as the barbaric sad men /women who are blind to others pain or else delight in it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The Kiwis have more balls than Gillard and her soviet cronies in their Golf bags.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

Poor guys lose a bit of dough, sorry no sympathy, I have had to adapt at least six times in my working life, I hope you all find happiness with your money earned from breeding cattle who suffer the worst imaginable end.

This human race is so evil , we can't even see it anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 12-10-2011 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by byteshertz

They say cruelty to animals in childhood progresses to Wife Bashing , murder, violent rape, ect it has been researched .
Cruelty and torture is horrific whether it be an animal or a Human being.
Onc eyou differentiate we become just as Physcopathic as the barbaric sad men /women who are blind to others pain or else delight in it.

They say a lot of things, research funded by who?
Nice opinion and you are entitled to your view but the fact of the matter is if humans stopped eating meat we would all be dead in a few years, it would take a monumental shift in the design of our world, mind and identity. We are meat eaters, it can be argued not by nature - but it cant be argued against is it must continue for us to survive, it would take such a huge shift in everything we might as well do this for humans, because we havnt even saved ourselves yet. While I love animals IMO anyone who puts an animal life before a human life is a traitor to the species and should not consider themself human. The reason my view is so strong is because this is what we call human nature, infact to be more presice it is instict - everything on earth puts it's own survival and the survival of the species first.
Go ahead and hurt someone that abuses your animal for all i care, but if you take a human life for an animal you have gone too far in my book.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Excuses are always based on levels of worthiness.
The Whites used to kill of the blacks ...on this logic.
The Jews the Gentiles on this Logic.
The Germans the Jews on this logic.
The Romans the Pagan west on this logic.
Animals are spirits just as we are.
Open your eyes and look around you.
It may astound you.
Yes its the words of a song.
A beautiful song...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Excuses are always based on levels of worthiness.
The Whites used to kill of the blacks ...on this logic.
The Jews the Gentiles on this Logic.
The Germans the Jews on this logic.
The Romans the Pagan west on this logic.
Animals are spirits just as we are.
Open your eyes and look around you.
It may astound you.
Yes its the words of a song.
A beautiful song...

I am not making excuses you just are asking for a something to be done without thinking how it could logically work... I wish the sky was just full of rainbows all the time - but if I stopped to think this through that would mean its gonna be raining all the time
Maybe you could deny ignorance and just explain to me how we are all going to get hold of seeds and land when everone is a vegan and the prices go through the roof.

- What are people going to do when there is drought

-When land becomes the most valuble asset again there will be a break out of more wars than their are now. Look out world here comes China, look out Australasia here comes indonesia.

- If we use growingmedium technology, energy usage goes through the roof and we end up polluting more, and people die because they cant afford to keep warm.

- What are we going to do when we wipe out all the animals because corporations who are designed to make profit at all costs buy all the land to control the foodchain and don't want animals on it eating their product.

- What are we going to do when we are all relying on one food type from plants and then Monsanto goes and GE mods strains in all food types and control our entire food chain?

These are not excuses, they are things that need to be addressed out of necessity. The fact that you seem to think this can just happen la-di-da magic happy world with unicorns does not make it so.

Support your beliefs with something - Tell me how you want to achieve this not just the end result is all I am asking.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The aust govt are degrading into the corporate pandering style of the US.

I left one country 20+ years ago because of the govt,
and with this, carbon tax, gm foods, and totally ignoring the needs of the people,
i will be working to leave aust soon too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
The aust govt are degrading into the corporate pandering style of the US.

I left one country 20+ years ago because of the govt,
and with this, carbon tax, gm foods, and totally ignoring the needs of the people,
i will be working to leave aust soon too.

Walcom ta Neow Zuland BRO

Maaaaaaaaaaate

PS: baaaaaaaa baaa

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

yeah, it was the Robert Muldoon Govt that i left!

Is there still DB beer?
and the mini tanker of beer on a trailer to hire for a big weekend .....
pipi's with vinegar..
and real bush forests

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Absolute asreholes

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry Dr, perhaps I needed to make my position in all this more clear. I personally supported the ban on live exports. I still do, not just of cattle to Indonesia, but also of sheep to the middle east. What I did was have a robust discussion with my uncle who has been involved in the beef cattle industry for longer than I've been alive and we explored all the points and issues we could think of involving the subject. He quite rightly pointed out there were many more people involved I hadn't even considered, as I brushed over in my post.

All the points you have made in your posts are valid, I don't disagree with them. From our discussion we both concluded that an opportunity was wasted in the whole affair, to invest in infrastructure in Indonesia that would benefit the locals by creating employment, benefit the industry over there, by raising the standards and displaying best practice, and benefit who-ever decided to invest in Australian run abattoirs on Indonesian soil.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

Muslims do not want infidels in their abbatoirs Iam afraid.
So only Islamic Aussies could be involved I believe if my understanding of Islamic predujice is correct.

We have no real idea of how we are viewed..we are just lied to ...continually.

Perhaps the real reason the cattle have to be al?ive....is that they won't allow infidels to have slaughtered their food?

Yeah think about that all you accussers of the west.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join