It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US issues terror alert after Iran plot exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...
www.google.com...
www.foxnews.com...

US issues terror alert after Iran plot exposed

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department is warning Americans around the world of the potential for terrorist attacks against U.S. interests following the exposure of an alleged Iranian plot to assassinate Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States.

In a new worldwide travel alert issued late Tuesday, the department said the foiled scheme could be a sign that Iran has adopted a "more aggressive focus" on terrorist activity. It said Iranian-sponsored attacks could include strikes in the United States, where the alleged plot against the Saudi envoy was supposed to have taken place, as well as other countries.

"The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens of the potential for anti-U.S. actions following the disruption of a plot, linked to Iran, to commit a significant terrorist act in the United States," it said in the warning that expires on Jan. 11, 2012.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Just being over cautious, I wouldn't worry about it too much, think cold war.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Convenient innit?

makes one contemplate, shall we witness another False Flag to Engage Iran in a War?,

Obviously this is Misdirection for 'Fast And Furious', but i do believe the implications are much bigger, War with Iran has been on the Agenda for quite some time,

They are conditioning the people for either an attack within the States, or even out of the states,

i hate to play the Dooms Day' Word War Three' Topic, but the picture becomes clearer by the day,

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Just being over cautious, I wouldn't worry about it too much, think cold war.

Indeed, i don't play the Prophet Of Doom, though, how many times can one Cry wolf, before it's reality?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
saddam has nukes and bioweapons galore lets bomb IRAQ

look tim osman flew planes into NYC & Pentagon, lets bomb AFGHANISTAN

oh yea IRAN. ummm, warning, they're about to nuke us any day now.

ps - north korea doesn't really exist

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Oh boy! He come's the boogymen!

But yeah, it's pretty much standard procedure the threat level would be raised. I'm not worried about anything, but this has created a window of opportunity any would be party to strike.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If ATS had a "rolls eyes" icon I would put it right here.

They should really get one.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodLifeGodLike

You talkin' bout this?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike
If ATS had a "rolls eyes" icon I would put it right here.

They should really get one.

It's the passive attitude that has allowed the takeover as is,

i'm not talking about going into mass hysteria, i'm not talking about 'Doom Prophecies', but to pretend this is nothing, or to ignore it as just another story, is quite the wrong attitude to take,

even if a War doesn't commence because of this, this was disclosed for a reason, one we may never know, or one that shall unfurl at a later time,

we can't be passive anymore,

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

an irani pretending to be arrogant mexican cartel braggin gonna assasinate so and so

and that they had the suspect has already been in custody over 2 wks and didnt do anything till now

smells like shhhhh

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And so it begins the hype in rhetoric against Iran

Could see this coming . Everyone brace yourself's for whats coming.

Russia for one will not back this, nor will China.

new topics

top topics

join