It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abnormal amount of fighter jet activity,CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I work close to point mugu/port hueneme naval air base....ones a naval base ones air force i get them mixed up.
anyways on normal days at my work i hear and see a few c130's (is what i beleve they are,huge quad prop transport aircraft) some fighter jets maybe 3 a day at most.

today though it was atleast 2 jets an hour from 8am to 4pm ish heading i believe N E ish from my shops location which is right along the 101 freeway. i can get the close to the exact heading when i get back to work with my phone in the morning.

from what i can see of the jets is some have a dual vertical tail fin but most i cant tell,so i assume that means a single,also tonight a jet around 7:30 screamed (could see what looked like after burners loud as hell)over my area twards the bases.
might be nothing maybe there just moving stuff around,well if you have any questions or want me to get more details just ask ill do my best to look into it,thanks for reading

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
October is basically air show month for california. Hundreds of jets participate in numerous air shows up and down california. Just this last weekend, I saw about 20+ jets fly over my house. And I mean the extremely extremely loud ones too. On sunday, I went to check out some of the shows in san francisco and they were pretty awesome. They had the most ridiculously loud jets that I've ever heard.
Next weekend, there are a bunch of free shows that I'll probably go check out down near fresno and bakersfield. The canadians, air force, blue angels, and numerous other groups participate. They all jump around from base to base in between performances. Perhaps this has to do with the activity you've seen. You said they were flying North. Perhaps up this way towards for the upcoming shows
edit on 10/12/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There is a carrier air group getting ready for deployment and they are operating out of Pt Mugu and China Lake doing training and quals.

I have a good pair of binoculars and the tail marking of a number of fighters lately here at china lake have not been the home test SQD AIRTEVRON NINE
edit on 12-10-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There's a funny story about that military area.

It was supposed to be closed. The Navy didn't want to lose the deep water port, so the Admiral and an Air Force General went and played golf, to save the Navy's facility the Air Force agreed to put a Air Force training place there. Saved the Navy's rear.

Due to cuts that Air Force job was cut and contracted out.

The Air Force was set to lose Hawaii's air base and the air base on Guam under the 2005 BRAC/ "Joint Basing".

The US Navy wasn't as kind to the US Air Force as they were losing those facilities....not kind at all. If I told you what the Navy did there'd be some high rankin' people with some really red faces.

Poor Air Force. They shouldn't have helped the Navy back then. They got screwed in the end.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
one thing i found wierd is that there not flying all together at once, this is maybe one or two an hour about 10 to 30 minutes apart.

is this what they do for air shows? or deployment? and there all flying inland. im not trying to make this in to a spook thread just seems odd even last year wasnt like this.
oh well seems like this thread is dead lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tungsten core

Your not alone on the jets I live near Boca Chica Key West FL and ALL day they've been flying around and they've been flying LOW under 400 ft I could read the numbers on the super hornets sides. I've been in the area all my life I know this activity is WAY above the norm, and no airshows are on the community calendar.

top topics

join