It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieutenant Governor of Texas got Bush into the Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Remember Bush saying that family influence was not used to get him into the Guard?

Well that�s not what former Lieutenant Governor of Texas Ben Barnes is saying,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a video posted on the Internet, Ben Barnes, a former Democratic speaker of the Texas House, said he is ashamed he helped President Bush and the sons of other wealthy families get into the Texas Air National Guard in 1968 so they could avoid serving in Vietnam.
"I got a young man named George W. Bush into the National Guard when I was lieutenant governor of Texas, and I'm not necessarily proud of that, but I did it," Barnes said in the 45-second video, which was recorded May 27 before a group of John Kerry supporters in Austin. Barnes, who was House speaker when Bush entered the Guard, later became lieutenant governor. www.sfgate.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">more

Video
Excerpt of Barnes on getting Bush into the National Guard
Windows Media
Quicktime

source

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know we all knew it, Bush joined the Guard just a few days before his school deferment was up. Now there is finally someone coming forward with the truth, taking responsibility for it. The problem is though that while Bush followers will condemn Kerry with those lying swiftboat ads they will absolutely not believe anything bad about their leader, I think Bush followers are just that, he leads they follow, he lies they believe, its like the Bush folks are in a cult, quick someone get the van and deprogram these people.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
finally, someone connected the dots and found what we already knew...
bush was a little baby, while kerry was getting shot at...
good going for the senior bush also... always knew he was a real winner.
frauds, scandals, and coverups OH MY....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The rich and privileged few getting special treatment as usual.

How can hard working honest people support this viper?

I guess they figure that corruption and dishonesty is the only way they could get ahead, so they feel they can relate very well to GW Bush using corruption to get ahead in his life [and political life].

You must admit he is a warm and smiling sleazebag. Honest, clinically intelligent people can be cold and precise, and are not all warm and fuzzy.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The rich and privileged few getting special treatment as usual.

How can hard working honest people support this viper?

I guess they figure that corruption and dishonesty is the only way they could get ahead, so they feel they can relate very well to GW Bush using corruption to get ahead in his life [and political life].

You must admit he is a warm and smiling sleazebag. Honest, clinically intelligent people can be cold and precise, and are not all warm and fuzzy.

I did notice that he was a Democrat, so I take his words as partisan banter. Why didn't he say this when Bush ran against Gore? Face it, don't bring that elitist crap up, Kerry is just as elitist if not more than Bush. Has some one asked how many people left vietnam with the thrice wounded card? I'm willing to bet if joe smoe tried it, he would not have gotten a ticket home. How do you think Kerry got out of the Navy early? Kerry leaves Vietnam and get a cushy aide to an Admiral job in a time of war? that only happens if you have connections, so please don't bring up this junk. Or the Republicans might just start digging into how Kerry got the things he did.

new topics

top topics

join