It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company that owns Zucotti Park just received Loan Guarantee from DOE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is an interesting tidbit of info that I haven't seen posted yet.

Coming on the heels of the Solyndra debacle, the Obama administration has just approved a $168.9 million loan guarantee for the Granite Reliable wind farm project owned by Brookfield Asset Management (BAM).

Among its many holdings BAM owns Brookfield Renewable Power, which owns the Granite Reliable and it also owns Brookfield Office Properties, whose holdings include the now famous Zuccotti Park.

The loan guarantee was finalized less than a week after protestors took over the park.

...rumors are starting to circulate that this is the real reason Brookfield is allowing protestors to remain on its property

www.businessinsider.com...

Also, Mayor Bloomberg's (who so graciously agreed to protestors could stay) domestic partner, Diana Taylor, is on the board of Brookfield.

Brookfield website

Probably just all a coincidence right? What do you think?

edit on 11-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Makes perfectly good sense. It seemed strange that a large corporation who owned the park would allow all of this when that is what they claim they are protesting. There had to be something in it for them especially when the protestors have trashed the place.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Saw that today. Sure, a coincidence. Wanna bet these folks take that grant money and nothing happens with wind farms? They'll be driving nice mercedes, though. Or maybe a hybrid luxury car that costs even more.The best corrupt capitalism happens in DC. At least the Wall Street crowd is up front about being in it solely for profit.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's real cool that the US Govt has untold billions of $$$ to throw away.
Especially since I only have 50$. It's a super fair system guys.
Bow down and get in line!

Anyone who owns a large corporation or has over a billion dollars should have all their loans guaranteed by the State's taxpayer coffers.

Also while they are at it, they should smash my fingers with a hammer for good measure.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I think it's typical of New York leadership in general. It's all political, all the time and at all levels. Whatever the cause though, it bought the people in the park more time. The longer the flagship locations can stay up, the more momentum this WILL build. People who laughed at this 2 weeks ago start to notice now...a couple weeks more and far more normal folks will take some notice and wonder just what all the fuss is about. That can only help.

Whatever brings it about, I think additional time to get the word to people who may want to become involved is Mana from Heaven. This isn't working toward the individuals in the occupation zones accomplishing some mighty deeds themselves. It's all a game of time and numbers. It's a tipping point on both that everyone should be keeping in mind as a long term goal..and the most critical one. Just my thoughts as I get into this myself.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
coincidence my butt ows was planned staged and executed by left leaning liberal architects for the sole purpose of more redistribution of wealth those protesters and nothing more than puppets.

face it ows you are bought and paid for so how does it feel to have sold out and become the thing you are protesting?

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Abraham Lincoln

edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: cant type for nothing

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Also, Zuccotti is on the board of WellPoint health, which stands to benefit pretty darn nicely from Obamacare. So, that's one or two more mercedes.

investing.businessweek.com...:US

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
YOU CAN"T WIN

You can work for one side, or the other side that are both wholly owned subsidiaries of the same guy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
see!

SEE!

see it now guys??

This has been allowed to take place... has been allowed to gain a lot of popularity...

It will be used against them soon too. the democrats have already tried to hijack it already...

OWS needs to get their act together real soon and find a way to not fall apart or it WILL go down the same path the tea party went down.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I love your optimism that something might actually change - but, based on history, any manna from heaven is going right into the fat cat's pockets - unless they come up with some really brilliant, outside the box plan.

OWS is raising awareness though, I'll give them that, and maybe people will start to pay more attention to what's going on in DC than to who wins Dancing with the Stars.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yep. My guess is that most of the fervently OWS posters on ATS are pretty young. This is nothing from a historical perspective. A blurb for the 2010-2011 section of a contemporary history book. In the same paragraph as the Tea Party.
Some enterprising capitalists will make good money writing a book about it and selling to all the anti-capitalists who want to remember their "triumph".

Ah, well. Life is for lessons.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

I noticed this aicle and it caught my eye.
abcnews.go.com...

Human Blunder Loses Occupy Wall Street $144,000

The Alliance For Global Justice, which was retained 10 days ago by Occupy Wall Street to manage the processing of online donations, first blamed one of the entities Occupy Wall Street is protesting – Authorize.net, owned by Visa — for the rejected donations and the freezing of another $40,000.

“I can’t help but believe that politics must be involved somewhere,” said Kathy Hoyt, a founding member of AFGJ, in a statement posted online that has since been removed, after the group realized it was its own blunder.

Chuck Kaufman, a national coordinator at AFGJ who is working hand-in-hand with the movement’s finance team, told ABCNews.com today that his organization simply wasn’t used to processing so many donations.

Kaufman’s group receives 7 percent of the Occupy Wall Street donations that it processes. Out of that, he estimated that 4 percent went to E-Onlinedata, leaving the Alliance for Global Justice with a total of 3 percent.

So I tried to look a little deeper. Seems Kathy Hoyt and Chuck Kaufman are both a little conspiracy theroy minded. They were flagged because of money going through South America.

www.interconn.org...

But I wonder is there a link between them two and thier South American related protest and Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton and even Walmart? Seems I was one of the only ones questioning not too long ago all the money Hillary was using through USAID to fund farms and related projects for the Walmart supply chain. And the list of countries Hillary and Walmart are tied to pretty much match the countries Kathy Hoyt and Chuck Kaufman are tied to. akes you wonder?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But is it any better than this? The things Koch Brothers do. The guys behind the Tea Party.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

I'd be willing to bet Tunisia wasn't particularly impressed with someone turning themselves into charcoal.

I'd further bet that Mubarak really saw no harm in letting the kids vent a bit out in the central square. Just some kids right? What harm could they really do one of the strongest nations in that region of the world?

Ummm...They were terminally mistaken and it was far too late when they realized it. Mubarak can ponder that when Egypt's justice system finally gets around to executing him as we all pretty much know they will.

Perhaps that happens here, perhaps it doesn't. If not this time, then hey, our nation isn't exactly improving. This won't be the last one and they'll just get progressively larger if the Occupations fade and starting over is required. Everyone will be a bit wiser and a bit more seasoned for the next round, if need be.
Attitude is 90% of success. Think Positive!

edit on 11-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting info you provided and I will look further into it tomorrow when I am not so tired. Is any of the stuff Hill and Bill do different than the Koch brothers? NO - that's the point. Either of our choices suck - that's the problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What's the old proverb about revolution? "Revolution seems impossible until it becomes inevitable." Like other posters said, the "Arab Spring" protests certainly weren't seen as a serious threat when they began. But the crackdowns were quick and brutal in Yemen and Saudi Arabia and Syria when protesters tried to get on the bandwagon after Tunisia and Egypt.

It's well known (in New York) that Bloomberg's lady is on these corporate boards, and that she has a hand in the Zuccotti business. And Bloomberg himself was warning of an Arab Spring-style movement sweeping America just a few days into the OWS campout ... long before it was taken seriously even in place like this!

Anyway, if it was possible to accurately predict which protests would grow to revolutions, history would be much more boring than it is today. Nobody knows if this will peter out or not. It's exciting, it has momentum, and the fringe right working class who've been carrying water for the 1% since the Reagan Administration are having a collective nervous breakdown. (My own protest in a small town outside our two corporate bank branches had an equal number of "old hippies"/granola yuppies and Ron Paul/Tea Party older white conservatives. All very friendly, if a bit confused.)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FieldCmdrCohen

Anyway, if it was possible to accurately predict which protests would grow to revolutions, history would be much more boring than it is today. Nobody knows if this will peter out or not. It's exciting, it has momentum

Indeed it does, and I try not to be jaded, because god knows, something needs to change - fundamentally, our values. That's a tough one.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

You can read this thread I did a while ago and I hopefully will get around to part two showing the rest of what I see going on soon. It will be interesting. The Arab Spring and the other color uprisings were done through our military and USAID. It was a left fighting the right on a global scale and our politicians are pupets to the global corportations fighting that war. If OWS does the right thing and avoids being bought this protest could be a good thing in fighting the left and right global elite.

Heres the part that talks about the color up risings.

And now lets discuss the Koch Brothers and there large sums of money and media blitz that seemed out of this world. The Tea Party, Americans for Prosperity and many other groups they funded when Bush left the White House. And I think a lot of this was tied to Fox News creating a lot of propaganda to go with it. Fake pictures, fake crowd numbers and so on. Also there was a secret tool being used that was created by our military and spy agencies. It was called Operation Earnest Voice (OEV). Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda. But I think it was used to push pro Republican propaganda in its testing at the time of the elections. See it was still in R&D at that point. And was one of many things that were on autopilot when Bush left office. This software is what you seen used to create revolutions across the globe. They even gave them a name the Arab Spring. This software which came from a few companies but one that has been proven is Ntrepid. The software has been used by the US Coast Gaurd during the Gulf oil Spill to control stories. And Fox News was even part of it.

And heres another thread talking about Scott Walker and possible fake personas. Seems they are aressting his staff and siezing computers due to social media blitz he would do using his staff.

wonkette.com...

FBI Raids Computers of Koch-Monster Scott Walker’s Henchwoman

Another of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s propagandists on the public payroll had her home and computers raided by the FBI and state police, on Wednesday. The “former top aide,” Cynthia A. Archer, is currently on “paid sick leave” but had been the deputy chief of Walker’s comically corrupt administration. What did all the G-men want with this Walker tool’s computers? And why had she passed one off on her neighbor, who happily handed it back to the FBI so they could do forensics on the hard drive? Oh, it’s all part of this sketchy Walker operation to have a bunch of his goons (on the government payroll, of course) flood blogs and websites with comments supporting Walker and his Kochian policies against the citizens of Wisconsin.

edit on 12-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Maluhia

You can read this thread I did a while ago and I hopefully will get around to part two showing the rest of what I see going on soon. It will be interesting. The Arab Spring and the other color uprisings were done through our military and USAID. It was a left fighting the right on a global scale and our politicians are pupets to the global corportations fighting that war. If OWS does the right thing and avoids being bought this protest could be a good thing in fighting the left and right global elite.

Heres the part that talks about the color up risings.

And now lets discuss the Koch Brothers and there large sums of money and media blitz that seemed out of this world. The Tea Party, Americans for Prosperity and many other groups they funded when Bush left the White House. And I think a lot of this was tied to Fox News creating a lot of propaganda to go with it. Fake pictures, fake crowd numbers and so on. Also there was a secret tool being used that was created by our military and spy agencies. It was called Operation Earnest Voice (OEV). Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda. But I think it was used to push pro Republican propaganda in its testing at the time of the elections. See it was still in R&D at that point. And was one of many things that were on autopilot when Bush left office. This software is what you seen used to create revolutions across the globe. They even gave them a name the Arab Spring. This software which came from a few companies but one that has been proven is Ntrepid. The software has been used by the US Coast Gaurd during the Gulf oil Spill to control stories. And Fox News was even part of it.

And heres another thread talking about Scott Walker and possible fake personas. Seems they are aressting his staff and siezing computers due to social media blitz he would do using his staff.

wonkette.com...

FBI Raids Computers of Koch-Monster Scott Walker’s Henchwoman

Another of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s propagandists on the public payroll had her home and computers raided by the FBI and state police, on Wednesday. The “former top aide,” Cynthia A. Archer, is currently on “paid sick leave” but had been the deputy chief of Walker’s comically corrupt administration. What did all the G-men want with this Walker tool’s computers? And why had she passed one off on her neighbor, who happily handed it back to the FBI so they could do forensics on the hard drive? Oh, it’s all part of this sketchy Walker operation to have a bunch of his goons (on the government payroll, of course) flood blogs and websites with comments supporting Walker and his Kochian policies against the citizens of Wisconsin.

edit on 12-10-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Yep. The left wing version of the Kochs have been in on this OWS thing from day one. And the Kochs are still active with their right wing agit-prop. Right now, though, the lefties are in the spotlight. 2 hands of the same body.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Now this same corporation, Brookfield Asset Management, that owns Zucotti park, is under fire for wanting to log pristine old growth forest on a BC island

www.vancouverobserver.com...

I thought it was an interesting connection...

For some back ground on this story, see this video

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join