It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 reasons you should never get a job!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Says this dude ...

Do you work for borderline douchebags?

(or are you one of those...)

Well... then this is for you my man (or lady ) :up;

This is a great little blog , that i'm sure many in retail would appreciate , and of course new business owners !.

It gives a few good arguments about not having a job , and being a business owner !

Gives good insight as to why some things at work taste so bad . !

I'm sure there are many parts you don't agree with as do i , but some parts gives a little clarity to the bs , and fog of retail customers , and being an employee . lol

I know you wanna rip there faces off sometimes fry it up and present to their family's for a special memorial dinner . (j/k )

These are just snippets to maybe try and get you to read it lol . Link at the bottom enjoy punks

"1. Income for dummies"

-..Why is getting a job so dumb? Because you only get paid when you’re working

-..."Don’t you think your life would be much easier if you got paid while you were eating, sleeping, and playing with the kids too? Why not get paid 24/7?"

-...Most of us won’t even notice whether you work 6 hours a week or 60"

-..."But if you have something of value to provide that matters to us, a number of us will be happy to pull out our wallets and pay you for it."

-..."Do you really care how long it took me to write this article? Would you pay me twice as much if it took me 6 hours vs. only 3?"

Lol nope i wouldn't care at all .

2. Limited experience.

"Consider this. Which experience would you rather gain? The knowledge of how to do a specific job really well — one that you can only monetize by trading your time for money – or the knowledge of how to enjoy financial abundance for the rest of your life without ever needing a job again? Now I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have the latter experience. That seems a lot more useful in the real world, wouldn’t you say?
"

financial abundance but in a legal , safe , moral , ethical , environmentally friendly , philosophical way ! sure why not ?

"3. Lifelong domestication."

"Getting a job is like enrolling in a human domestication program. You learn how to be a good pet"

Lol whoa ! calling me someones pet?!?! yea its true =/

"Look around you. Really look. What do you see? Are these the surroundings of a free human being? Or are you living in a cage for unconscious animals? Have you fallen in love with the color beige?
"

Yea w/e ! your in it too punk.

"How’s your obedience training coming along? Does your master reward your good behavior? "

Yea he does sometimes

4. Too many mouths to feed.

5. Way too risky

"Does putting yourself in a position where someone else can turn off all your income just by saying two words (“You’re fired”) sound like a safe and secure situation to you? Does having only one income stream honestly sound more secure than having 10?"

no it does not ! and thats quite scary especially if you are a family man with mouths to feed!

"6. Having an evil bovine master"

"Did you know that the word boss comes from the Dutch word baas, which historically means master? Another meaning of the word boss is “a cow or bovine.” And in many video games, the boss is the evil dude that you have to kill at the end of a level."

gonna need a confirm on that one.

7. Begging for money.

"When you want to increase your income, do you have to sit up and beg your master for more money? Does it feel good to be thrown some extra Scooby Snacks now and then?"

"If you have a business and one customer says “no” to you, you simply say “next.”

Rather say next then kiss superficial a-s-s

8. An inbred social life

"If one of your co-slaves gets sold to another master, do you lose a friend? If you work in a male-dominated field, does that mean you never get to talk to women above the rank of receptionist? Why not decide for yourself whom to socialize with instead of letting your master decide for you? Believe it or not, there are locations on this planet where free people congregate. Just be wary of those jobless folk — they’re a crazy bunch!"

LoOL will do champ !

"9. Loss of freedom.

"It takes a lot of effort to tame a human being into an employee. The first thing you have to do is break the human’s independent will. A good way to do this is to give them a weighty policy manual filled with nonsensical rules and regulations. "

Hey now ! rules are for safety , and to keep the idiots in check who don't like to read signs that say no lol !

"10. Becoming a coward."

"Have you noticed that employed people have an almost endless capacity to whine about problems at their companies? But they don’t really want solutions – they just want to vent and make excuses why it’s all someone else’s fault. It’s as if getting a job somehow drains all the free will out of people and turns them into spineless cowards. If you can’t call your boss a jerk now and then without fear of getting fired, you’re no longer free. You’ve become your master’s property."

"When you work around cowards all day long, don’t you think it’s going to rub off on you? Of course it will. It’s only a matter of time before ....... Con'td

10 Reasons You Should Not Get A JOB

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I always have this problem where I quit jobs. Well it's not really a problem it's a blessing.

It's a blessing because I had rather be poor than lose my soul. I have found true riches in my mind and heart, also my wife's pretty hot so what more could I ask for?

If the lady stays with me when I'm poor, what point is there to being rich?

Wanna work for yourselves? Here's a tip:

1) Go exchange your dollars for change (quarters, dimes, etc).

2) Check the dates of all these coins and compare with online coin value websites.

3) Go sell all the rare old valuable coins to dealers.

4) Take all the worthless change back to the store, and request bills in exchange.

5) Go down the street to the next store, repeat.

A bad day will only net a few dollars, but a good day can net thousands of dollars.
Who's the boss?
You da boss.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

lol the odds of catching rare coins are pretty low .

Im sure many are out there sifting through it

like the fishing supply gets depleated over time , and people been collecting them since time lol .

sad part is in capitilism, you have to have money to make money

unless you get lucky with lottery , or being born into wealth

or finding rare coins lol

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Im sure many are out there sifting through it

like the fishing supply gets depleated over time , and people been collecting them since time lol .

sad part is in capitilism, you have to have money to make money

unless you get lucky with lottery , or being born into wealth

or finding rare coins lol

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
commie.
Jobs suck, Bovine evil masters suck. Entreneurship rules.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
1) Get a wireless laptop.

2) Get a RFID handheld scanner.

3) Go around to a busy public area and scan people for the credit card #'s.

4) Stop them and show them how easy it was to rob them. But delete their information immediately after revealing it to the hapless bystander.

5) Offer to sell them RFID protection sleeves that protect their credit cards from scanning, which are cheap for you but somewhat more expensive when you sell them on the street (to cover labor costs, etc).

6) Repeat.

This is 100% legal. Delete all of their information immediately.
If people allow you to scan them, there's nothing wrong with it.

Do NOT steal their $$$. They will gladly give it to you legally for a nice RFID protection sleeve.

There are 1000s of ways to get paid without being a slave for a bunch of idiots.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
FOUR reasons to never get a job!

1. too stupid

2. too lazy

3. feel like everything should be given to you for your doing of nothing and not contributing to the progression of society

4. feel like you shouldn't have to do anything anyone tells you to do

BRILLIANT!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Not anywhere as rare as you first expect.

Do you always check your coins? 99.999% of the population never thought about it.

I've seen a whole roll of quarters all dating 1935-ish or so. Each sold for 5 $.
The whole entire roll was full of collectibles.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

i would reply...

Thank you for informing me ..

and teaching me about

"RFID protection sleeves "

i will check out ebay and other competitiors

could i get your business card and get back to you ? Mr. Stranger who just stole my INFO and tried to tell me snake oil back

your luck you don't get punched in the face let alone there hard earned cash for something so silly =p

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391

1. too stupid

2. too lazy

3. feel like everything should be given to you for your doing of nothing and not contributing to the progression of society

BRILLIANT!

That's what they say to the corporate slaves to make them feel embarrassed and ridicule them into continuing working for practically nothing while their bosses get mad rich on the profits.

I'd honestly rather run my own gig if that's what it's gonna come down to. Hell you make way more working for yourself anyways.

Ever repaired a computer for someone while working at a business?
Ever repaired a computer while working for yourself without anyone stealing your labor profits?

3 hour repair job at 8 $ an hour = 24 $. Minus taxes and SS, you are left with maybe 12-14 $.

Do that same job on your own, charge the customer HALF the price the corporation did, and you still come out with like 40 - 50 $.

I know who's paying more. Me!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You do realize this is actually 100% illegal even if you don't steal the money right? It's illegal to scan peoples cards first off (you really dont have the logic to think of that? look it up). And second its illegal to sell even home made items without a business license to peddle. Maybe instead of turning into a criminal cause you're just too lazy to earn money the right way you should all just take a couple or a few years and learn about something? Knowledge is worth money people...silly thoughts aren't

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You do realize this is actually 100% illegal even if you don't steal the money right? It's illegal to scan peoples cards first off (you really dont have the logic to think of that? look it up). And second its illegal to sell even home made items without a business license to peddle. Maybe instead of turning into a criminal cause you're just too lazy to earn money the right way you should all just take a couple or a few years and learn about something? Knowledge is worth money people...silly thoughts aren't

No it's not illegal to scan people.

Everyone scans me all the time without my permission. It's obviously totally legal.

If it were illegal why do they sell these scanners for 100$ to just about anyone who wants one? It's harder to get cigs or beer than a RFID scanner.

Also the only laws I have seen on scanning is "Malicious" scanning, which indicates you steal their information and use it to rob them.

If you rob no one, you aren't breaking the law.

Radio frequency signals are totally legal to intercept as long as you trample no one's liberty in doing so.

You do realize corporations you shop at regularly scan people quite often nowadays for signals? It's legal. They don't even have to tell you they ever did it either.

Also, you actually don't need a licence to sell things in all locations, it just depends on what your State and City ordinances / statutes are.

Everyone should check their local laws before attempting to breathe or use the restroom of course. Most places this is totally legal.

They have people on the TV news doing this for the last 3-4 years....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

1. too stupid

2. too lazy

BRILLIANT!

That's what they say to the corporate slaves to make them feel embarrassed and ridicule them into continuing working for practically nothing while their bosses get mad rich on the profits.

I'd honestly rather run my own gig if that's what it's gonna come down to. Hell you make way more working for yourself anyways.

Ever repaired a computer for someone while working at a business?
Ever repaired a computer while working for yourself without anyone stealing your labor profits?

3 hour repair job at 8 $ an hour = 24 $. Minus taxes and SS, you are left with maybe 12-14 $.

Do that same job on your own, charge the customer HALF the price the corporation did, and you still come out with like 40 - 50 $.

I know who's paying more. Me!

then tell me, how do you get your money? and how are you gonna be repairing all those computer? Do you think when the company opens the phone book to look for the computer repair number you number is listed as well? didn't think so. do you think if you go into a business and say hey i have nothing proving i actually know what im doing but hey that doesn't matter let me repair your stuff, they're just gonna be like ok random guy have at it...people these days are so silly. go to "evil" college for a few years and you're set for life. like i've told someone else in another "im too good to work for someone thread" i just finish my pre pharmaceutical sciences and have been accepted into AofU to get my doctoral in pharmacy and in 5 years time ill have a starting salary of 95,000 dollars annually. now doesn't that sound better than finding ways to make yourself struggle through life????

also taxes and SS don't account for half of your earnings silly. 10 to 12 percent maybe
edit on 11-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's a class C Felony if you steal someones information for the use of illegal activities.

Not legal activities.

Corporations steal your info every day.

They lobbied to get this law edited heavily and only illegal purposes are prohibited.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

then tell me, how do you get your money? and how are you gonna be repairing all those computer? Do you think when the company opens the phone book to look for the computer repair number you number is listed as well? didn't think so. do you think if you go into a business and say hey i have nothing proving i actually know what im doing but hey that doesn't matter let me repair your stuff, they're just gonna be like ok random guy have at it...people these days are so silly. go to "evil" college for a few years and you're set for life. like i've told someone else in another "im too good to work for someone thread" i just finish my pre pharmaceutical sciences and have been accepted into AofU to get my doctoral in pharmacy and in 5 years time ill have a starting salary of 95,000 dollars annually. now doesn't that sound better than finding ways to make yourself struggle through life????

I'm actually not struggling.

I think you are just upset that you have to spend your whole life working towards nothing, a false dream of 95 grand a year, and are willing to accept pushing pharmaceutical drugs which are more often than not dangerous and end up hurting and killing thousands of unwitting citizens yearly.

I'd rather collect coins and sell them, repair a comp, whatever. That way I don't contribute to one of the biggest corporate money scams ever (PharmaCorp) and live as some sort of wage slave to them.

A 1943 copper penny ( 1 cent) is worth over 75,000 to 90,000 $.

One penny is worth twice as much as you will make in a year after taxes, etc.

I can't believe anyone with a good heart could support a system based on selling dangerous pills to people who don't actually need them.

Sure like 1% -2% of those pills are useful medications and legitimate, but we all know the vast majority of them are purely there to make quick cash no matter how many people are harmed in the process, and prove entirely ineffective and wind up with black labels within a few years.

Who causes more harm to society overall? A coin collector or a 'legal' drug pusher?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Actually i wont be pushing the pills like a common drug dealer and i also don't agree with big pharma and the things they do don't get me wrong. Just by living your life in society you are contributing to the deep pockets that are responsible for ruining this world and i know this but realistically what are you gonna do? Are you never gonna work for someone? It works for some people but not everyone. Are you not going to be a part of any big corporations of businesses in you whole life? Quite possibly but again that's not for everyone as big corporations and businesses account for a very large percent of employment. I know this world isn't what is should be like and honestly if i could have it my way i think this world would be 1000% more efficient. However i can't have it my way. It hurts to say it but you either gotta join the rat race or get left behind to complain about how complicated and unfair it is. It's a very sad world around me but I'm doing everything i can to make myself and my family as happy as possible without frakin anyone over...shouldn't you all be doing the same? F the rest of it worry about yourself not how much your dumb boss makes

and by the way I'm upset about how diluted people priorities have become... diluted because the world you complain about has spoiled you to the point where you feel you should receive the best of the best for little or no work...thats what everyone is complaining about. "to hell with getting a degree, college is too expensive" "i cant work for him cause I'm better than him based on some observations I've made and he has more money than me" "i cant work for a corporation or business cause people at the top that i will never see have done unethical things" "i cant work for someone cause im better than that and no one should tell me what to do" are all basically excuses just excuses of the people who cant work hard and think theyre better than everyone else. I'm not working directly with the ppl who run big pharma and intentionally hurting or killing people so what does it matter if I'm a pharmacist???
edit on 11-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

Sorry for being a jerk to you. I actually like you and your posts.

I agree that being self-employed is not for everyone.
But you gotta admit, that it's cool we live in a country where you can make $$ without needing any form of corporate overseer at all.
Sure it's hard to make a lot of money, but it is no matter where you work or live.

Working for yourself and leading yourself can be extremely difficult sometimes, and it will cause you to think things over a lot more than if you had a stable career.

I went a little to hard on the pharmacists because it's really the corporate top dogs in the pharma corps that are behind all the lies and treachery.

To be honest I have never had a pharmacist lie or mislead me. They were totally upfront and honest about adverse effects and were actually agreeing that the corporations are way out of hand.

Plus that Penicillin is really good stuff. Incredibly useful medically.
I would never get rid of these true advancements that mankind discovered.

But we need to get rid of this psycho-therapeutic drugging craze, with all the anti-depressants and restless leg syndrome pills and all that jazz. It's not real medicine.

Again I am sorry that I came after you like that, I guess I took what you said personally so my bad. Pharmacists are my main source for legit info about these drugs in the first place.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

Oh and by the way, I went to a University for 4years, just fyi.
It was cool but it cost 250-350 grand or more.

I honestly regret it, I have learned so much about the stock market in the last 4 years I would have gladly went and invested into penny biotech stocks had I known better at the time. I would be banking it right now.

And have no fear, I am not as spoiled as the mainstream of this country is. I admit most of them are spoiled rotten to the core. I find it rather disgusting typically.

I am happy with what I have and very thankful for the food I feed my children with.
I live on meager sums of $$$ and get by just fine. I wouldn't mind a little more but if I cared that much I'd put in double the hours collecting or fixing things, and double my pay. It's not that big of a deal to me.

Anyways, thanks for being cordial and friendly in our conversation. Again I apologize for coming off at you ignorantly like that earlier.
edit on 11-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

well i appreciate the honesty so now its my turn. In all reality you are the one who is right...if 90 percent of the population thought like you instead of like me (sheep) this world would be a much better place because people would actually stand up for themselves and not HAVE to give in accepting the fact that life has been made too complicated and too diluted by the fairytale dream of owning mind numbing products and working your ass off to get them. However, we have come to the industrial age and i like my mind numbing toys
and i know my daughter will like her toys i that i will earn for her. If it weren't for my daughter i wouldn't care about being rich but since i grew up in a crystal meth manufacturing house with bikers bums and what should have been a mother, i feel like my one and only reason to live is to ensure my kid(s) have an amazing life that they will one day be greatful for and i WILL bust my ass for all its worth to make sure that happens. Sadly, this is just the age we're in and it may never change or even get worse. people throw around the word slave much too often also. Youre not a slave if youre rewarded for busting your ass, plain and simple.

Also, with the exclusion of yourself of course, i think most people beg to be controlled in one way or another without even knowing it, hence, religion. Look at history...weird huh? Maybe thats why most people accept their debt "slavery" and work "slavery". most people just dont know where to go on their own without someone telling them what to do, its a shame that the people who direct these "lost" people abuse the trust the people have put into them...thats the problem with this world. the several thousand people that have led their followers in the wrong direction all for their own selfish wants and desires...dont blame the people being led in that direction
edit on 12-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

All great in theory, except for one tiny thing...

You have to HAVE money to MAKE money...at least if you want it to do the work for you. You can't start a business with nothing, and in today's economy, it's even tougher.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join