It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arcaheological evidence of Noah's ark, the red sea crossing, Sodom and Gomorrah and more....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaranathaSoon
Amazing, amazing videos !! Thank You for posting them !

No problem!

It is my hope that many more christian's look at this material and it helps reinforce their faith. It has been nearly 2000 years since Christ walked the earth and God knows that many of us can be weak in our faith at various times in our lives and we need more reinforcement, much like Thomas. Christ had only been gone for a few days after his death on the cross and Thomas needed some evidence that it was the resurrected Christ standing before him.

While we may not have Christ with us in the body, we do have a trail of evidence that lines up with scripture to help us overcome any doubts we may have of his return. Christ tells us over and over in scripture that he will return, and soon!

HEB 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.

HEB 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

LK 18:8b "However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ron Wyatt - even answers in genesis thinks Ron is full of it
www.answersingenesis.org...

Ron Wyatt was just updating that whole medieval 'relics' scam

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Ron Wyatt - even answers in genesis thinks Ron is full of it
www.answersingenesis.org...

Ron Wyatt was just updating that whole medieval 'relics' scam

The page on that website is less than convincing, it has a few things to say with no solid evidence to the contrary of Wyatt's findings. The author makes an assumption that the Ark would not be hidden in the location where it was found by Wyatt, how would he know? The context of the passage referring to the Ark in Jeremiah is about the fact that the Israelites would no longer use it for their animal sacrifices as an atonement for sin (For the past 2500 years this has certainly been the case). The buildings were shaped by the wind in the Sodom and Gomorrah find is 'laughable' at best. The information on this website is actually quite feeble and less convincing than the work of Ron Wyatt himself. Got anything else?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Let me put this another way
No body but a fundamentalist christian would believe Ron Wyatt’s ‘evidence’ for a moment – and apparently even many fundamentalist Christian’s don’t believe him either

From answers in genesis

The Wyatt/Gray claims are truly astonishing (see Amazing claims). Unfortunately, reputable Bible-believing archaeologists and other experts willing and capable of giving an objective assessment are never able to check out the claimed artifacts.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Let me put this another way
No body but a fundamentalist christian would believe Ron Wyatt’s ‘evidence’ for a moment – and apparently even many fundamentalist Christian’s don’t believe him either

From answers in genesis

The Wyatt/Gray claims are truly astonishing (see Amazing claims). Unfortunately, reputable Bible-believing archaeologists and other experts willing and capable of giving an objective assessment are never able to check out the claimed artifacts.

Re: Sodom and Gomorrah.

Additionally, it rarely rains in these arid area's, allowing the form of the structures to remain largely intact with minimal weathering effects over the years.

It is true that generally speaking only the fundies like myself are suckers for the truth. I dare say that many professionals in their fields (even 'so called fundies') are swayed by their career paths and would rather not crucify themselves and potentially become a laughing stock to others. Wyatt's love of the truth was stronger than his peers and he did not care what they thought of him or his work.

Jesus himself chose mostly fisherman to follow him for this very reason, he did not want any of his disciples to be under the influence of the 'professional' world. Despite their short comings in the eyes of the world they became powerful men and preached his word boldly.

AC 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

When trying to find the ‘truth’ of some claim or proposition – you have to guard against something called confirmation bias

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favour information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true

If you are not aware of this tendency then there is the possibility you can fall for any old rubbish some charlatan trots out

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

When trying to find the ‘truth’ of some claim or proposition – you have to guard against something called confirmation bias

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favour information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true

If you are not aware of this tendency then there is the possibility you can fall for any old rubbish some charlatan trots out

Atheist's want proof of the authenticity of the bible, when it stares them in the face they then accuse those who found it of 'confirmation bias'.

The hypocrisy has no end.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

wait you think answers in genesis are atheists?

I just looked at their mission statement, it says

Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively

But I suppose with them thinking Ron Wyatt is a fraud they are more worried that he actually does damage to the christian faith and not helps it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

wait you think answers in genesis are atheists?

I just looked at their mission statement, it says

Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively

But I suppose with them thinking Ron Wyatt is a fraud they are more worried that he actually does damage to the christian faith and not helps it

They are fearful that he is a fraud. It is possible that they are more concerned with their own reputation than that of the bible.

edit on 13-10-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
If people want to find out more about Ron Wyatt's life and character, you will find he was a humble man and lived a very modest lifestyle despite all of the attention he received from the discoveries.

www.arkdiscovery.com...

This was never a mission for fame, fortune and glory. It was always a mission to spread God's truth and help people understand that the bible is not a mythological account of the past.

RO 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Parable of the Rich Man & Lazarus... "He said to him, ‘If they don’t listen to Moses and the prophets,
neither will they be persuaded if one rises from the dead.’".... www.bcbsr.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Parable of the Rich Man & Lazarus... "He said to him, ‘If they don’t listen to Moses and the prophets,
neither will they be persuaded if one rises from the dead.’".... www.bcbsr.com...

Too true.

Even Ron Wyatt uses the same passage in his messages also. The primary reason for posting this thread was for the believers, I guess I should try and avoid pointless quarrels.

Thank you for mentioning the above passage of scripture.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Well if answers in genesis think he’s a fraud I’m sure you can imagine what the average sceptic thinks of him

do you think he helps or hurts your faith?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Well if answers in genesis think he’s a fraud I’m sure you can imagine what the average sceptic thinks of him

I care not what men think.

Some people think that Jesus was a fraud also, or at least those that wrote about him. My faith is a gift from God, it is not something that I have acheived on my own.

EPH 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Amusingly they have the same passage on answers in genesis

There is little doubt that the genuine discovery of certain objects would be both exciting and a powerful witness to the truth of the biblical record. However, we need to be careful not to become like some medieval pilgrims, keen to have relics to supplement (or supplant) the worship of the living God. Christ actually taught that if people did not listen to “Moses and the prophets,” then neither would something as spectacular as someone rising from the dead convince them

No doubt such fanciful claims as discussed here will always be with us, made by those seeking either profit, fame, the fulfillment of some deep psychological needs, or any combination of these. The “discoverers” will often appear completely sincere, saying all the “right Christian things.” Perhaps at some point they have even persuaded themselves.

The Bible does not say we should “believe all things,” but rather that we should “prove all things” (1 Thessalonians 5:21). Neither does it encourage a gullible approach toward those claiming the name of Christ. Rather, it warns about wolves among the flock, and also teaches that the heart of man is deceitful and depraved (Jeremiah 17:9).

they also mention of "prove all things" - something Ron failed to do

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Well apart from Ron Wyatt obviously

Some people think that Jesus was a fraud also, or at least those that wrote about him.

And if some of jesus’s fans are also proved to be frauds, caught actively lying for the jesus myth – what then?

My faith is a gift from God, it is not something that I have acheived on my own.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I see no mention of “unless someone with an Indian Jones fetish thinks he can actually prove something”

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Well apart from Ron Wyatt obviously

Some people think that Jesus was a fraud also, or at least those that wrote about him.

And if some of jesus’s fans are also proved to be frauds, caught actively lying for the jesus myth – what then?

My faith is a gift from God, it is not something that I have acheived on my own.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I see no mention of “unless someone with an Indian Jones fetish thinks he can actually prove something”

Actually, I care very little for what Ron Wyatt thinks unless it is in line with scripture as he is just a man like myself. I need to be careful here though, otherwise I may be accused of 'confirmation bias' again.

I have not seen heaven nor have I seen Jesus, yet I believe that they exist due to the faith that God has given me. Archaeological evidence that validates the history presented in the bible is not proof that Jesus is in heaven. Yet I believe Jesus is in heaven preparing a place for me and I will be shown this place when he returns. What Ron Wyatt found gives more authenticity to the bible without validating everything in it, this is where faith comes in. The disciples were with Jesus for a lengthy period of time and they saw him ressurrected after his crucifixion, does this mean they had no faith?

Satan always makes an attempt to muddy the waters by pre-empting God's work. This started way back in Genesis when Satan was told that Eve would bear the seed that would eventually crush the serpent. Satan then makes every attempt to try and destroy and corrupt Eve's seed. First through the sexual relations between the sons of God (the angels) and women of the earth and then by more direct means when he used Herod to try and kill all of the children under the age of two.

It comes as no surprise then that Satan could possibly use Hollywood and 'The raiders of the lost Ark' to muddy the waters and make it's discovery seem like pure fantasy. Satan is more crafty and intelligent than most people give him credit for, he knows how to deceive those that are perishing and keep them deceived. Only through the grace of God can someone come to the knowledge of the truth.

edit on 13-10-2011 by XplanetX because: syntax

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Actually, I care very little for what Ron Wyatt thinks unless it is in line with scripture as he is just a man like myself. I need to be careful here though, otherwise I may be accused of 'confirmation bias' again.

well the first step to recover is to acknowledge the problem – well done

I have not seen heaven nor have I seen Jesus, yet I believe that they exist due to the faith that God has given me. Archaeological evidence that validates the history presented in the bible is not proof that Jesus is in heaven. Yet I believe Jesus is in heaven preparing a place for me and I will be shown this place when he returns. What Ron Wyatt found gives more authenticity to the bible without validating everything in it, this is where faith comes in. The disciples were with Jesus for a lengthy period of time and they saw him ressurrected after his crucifixion, does this mean they had no faith?

But you need to recognise (as the people in answer in genesis do) that promoting any old rubbish for truth makes christians look like a bunch of gullible ninny’s who will accept any other old rubbish, such as a book with a talking snake in it for truth

Again- no sceptic would accept Ron Wyatt’s ‘findings’

Satan always makes an attempt to muddy the waters by pre-empting God's work. This started way back in Genesis when Satan was told that Eve would bear the seed that would eventually crush the serpent. Satan then makes every attempt to try and destroy and corrupt Eve's seed. First through the sexual relations between the sons of God (the angels) and women of the earth and then by more direct means when he used Herod to try and kill all of the children under the age of two.

It comes as no surprise then that Satan could possibly use Hollywood and 'The raiders of the lost Ark' to muddy the waters and make it's discovery seem like pure fantasy. Satan is more crafty and intelligent than most people give him credit for, he knows how to deceive those that are perishing and keep them deceived. Only through the grace of God can someone come to the knowledge of the truth.

So is Ron Wyatt on the side of the angels or is he working for the other guy when he makes up his ‘archaeological finds’?

and are you on the side of the angels or working for the other guy when you promote Ron Wyatt's work?

edit on 13-10-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

well the first step to recover is to acknowledge the problem – well done

But you need to recognise (as the people in answer in genesis do) that promoting any old rubbish for truth makes christians look like a bunch of gullible ninny’s who will accept any other old rubbish, such as a book with a talking snake in it for truth

Again- no sceptic would accept Ron Wyatt’s ‘findings’

So is Ron Wyatt on the side of the angels or is he working for the other guy when he makes up his ‘archaeological finds’?

and are you on the side of the angels or working for the other guy when you promote Ron Wyatt?

Who do you promote?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

just so you know - I edited that post

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join