It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters at the RNC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's some pictures of protests gathering for the RNC, some have been arrested already. They look like they are having a good time.

www.dodeca-t.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would like to add that our own ATSNN Superhero SkepticOverlord is now on scene taking pictures and is posting them in this forum via his camera phone:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Se the most recent posts!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
WATCH C-SPAN RIGHT NOW!!!

They are showing live footage of the Protests....it is awesome if I may say so. Not only is it live coverage, but there is no "pundit" speaking over it and characterizing them. So you get to see the protests how they are actually happening.

Bravo, C-Span, bravo!!

[edit on 29-8-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
264 arrested in NYC bicycle protest
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Watching C-Span, and one of the best signs I've seen is one that refers to Bush calling the aftermath in Iraq a miscalculation on his part.

The sign says,

"Your "miscalculation" cost thousands of lives!"

Others include:

"Quagmire Accomplished"
"How do you ask a soldier to be the last man to die for a lie?"
"Expose the 9/11 cover up!"
"Darn Good Liar"
"Bush's World Domination Tour: Next Stop Iran"

I am in awe of these protests...it is amazing!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I also saw some Republicans chanting "Communists for Kerry."

What makes me happy is the fact that such a large number of people are out and making their voices heard. You can see my mood, but this does a bit to lighten it up. But I can't prepare myself for election night.

I imagine that night already, when Bush steals another election, and I can feel it, too. It's like getting punched in the stomach.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Any idea what these people are being arrested for?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The sad part of this is we won't see any real coverage on the 24x7 cable shows or networks unless the protest turn violent.

Since protesting is a fundamental right of our citizens I wish these protest and the protest of the DNC had received more air time.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Any idea what these people are being arrested for?

It was reported that they were arrested for "blocking traffic" and hospital entrances.

P.S. There are a few Republicans mixed up in the protests shouting "SHUT UP"

P.P.S There are also thousands of people chanting:

"Hey hey, ho ho, George Bush has got to go!"
"hey hey, ho ho, Fox News has got to go!"
and
"Fox News Sucks! Fox News Sucks!'

Hahaha...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They interviewed a Republican and here's what he said:

"I want to be positive, I want to support our wonderful President, and vote for George W. Bush back to the White House for 4 more years. We can have a positive future! I see a lot of hate groups here that hate America, but I believe we can have a great future with George Bush making America more safe!."

Excuse me, but that is drivel.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
They interviewed a Republican and here's what he said:

"I want to be positive, I want to support our wonderful President, and vote for George W. Bush back to the White House for 4 more years. We can have a positive future! I see a lot of hate groups here that hate America, but I believe we can have a great future with George Bush making America more safe!."

Excuse me, but that is drivel.

awww... right wingers are so cute when they talk about hate groups!

by the way, i'm currently just off union square, and i can say the people amassed in the square seem very peacful and enthusiastic at the moment. there's a great atmosphere, and the weather is great too. hope it all lasts!

-koji K.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
anyone spot SO yet???????

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hopefully the next camera phone pic we see won't be Skeptic in cuffs

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It looks like Mardi Gras. The one good thing about these protests is that it gets all the pathology assembled in one small area so that it can be better observed. Whatever these folks espouse, I reject. It makes it easy for me to sort out my own positions on things. You can tell a lot about a cause by observing its adherents. Kind of like the avatars you find here.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You can tell a lot about a cause by observing its adherents. Kind of like the avatars you find here.

Yeah, I've always admired yours with the Giant Eagle taking a dump on the world.

At least you're honest.

p1

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Im watching Cspan and the marches are giving me the chills.. huge gathering there...

The 'Fox news sucks' chants are cracking me up lol

I encourage anyone that hasnt made up their mind about which president to watch these protests... I've (in my life) never seen a protest so large ..

[edit on 29-8-2004 by p1]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by p1
Im watching Cspan and the marches are giving me the chills.. huge gathering there...

Don't miss this though.

CNN is doing a bio on Cheney. That man is a MESS. They've covered his alcoholism and voting record and it's frightening.

Cheney voted against the Equal Rights Amendment for Women, against desegregation, against abortion rights in the cases of RAPE.

He's an ogre. The worst of the worst. Who selected this baboon for VP and who voted him in!?!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Yeah, I've always admired yours with the Giant Eagle taking a dump on the world. At least you're honest.

I always try to be honest. It is what is called integrity and the Eagle, Globe and Anchor is an emblem that stands for liberty and integrity.

Everything you enjoy in life, no matter where you live, is in some way dependent on that emblem and what it represents. The United States Marne Corps has been fighting for liberty since 1775 in every part of the world. The emblem stands for something real and significant.

You really should not make light of it . I take it a personal insult. If I were a moderator, I'd dock you 250 points.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by p1

Don't miss this though.

CNN is doing a bio on Cheney. That man is a MESS. They've covered his alcoholism and voting record and it's frightening.

Cheney voted against the Equal Rights Amendment for Women, against desegregation, against abortion rights in the cases of RAPE.

He's an ogre. The worst of the worst. Who selected this baboon for VP and who voted him in!?!

The Onion said it best in one of their "people on the street" comments: "Dick Cheney's heart may in reality be a congealed mass of bacon fat, but to me, it's made of one thing: pure gold."

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Grady,

It's not America we hate, it's Bush. He doesn't represent America at all. As one of the signs say, "Neo-cons have hijacked your party."

Hundreds of thousands of people marching won't convince you. Stick to your guns, and be stubborn. You are the reason America is in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join