It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Ghost Hunting vs. TV Ghost Hunting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I have done both. In a real investigation a TV producer doesn't ask you for dramatics to make the scene POP. A real investigation is based on science and discovery.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Interesting I Have been A ghost Hunter For about 20 years and yes Ghosts are there 100%.
I have ,.Dictaphone digital recorder K2 Meter And had good results from so yes it does work Its good at finding were they are in a room.
I have came across most things that are on these Ghost hunting progams.
Also camcorders a few other things.
1 footsteps 2 screeming 3 people giveing there names full names but not allways 4 dark shadows as well as white shadows 5 Growling 6 wispering Girls and guys. 7 demon like voises 8 Balls of light. Battery Drianage and on and on.

They mite not allways be ghosts. They could be You in a parallel universe other dimensions it could be you talking to some one parallel to yourself. crazy. Im only saying that because I left my recorder recording in my house came back after a couple of hours checked it over, some one was talking on it and said my name. But it sounded just like me parallel universe mabe who knows.

The more you look the more you find The more it scares the shi$t out of you.

If you dont know what your doing then Dont do it And I mean that.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalowe73
Also why do these people have their camera on themselves?? I don't want to see their faces or how scared they look jeez... i want to see what they are seeing..instead of them turning it round when they see something and saying whoops sorry just seen something whilst i had the camera on me.

It's mostly a matter of practicality. 30 minutes of wobbly shots in a badly-lit room does not make for vaguely passable TV. By recording themselves (i) you actually have something to look at on the screen and (ii) you can at least see their reactions, which are normally far more visible than whatever shadow is causing them to jump.

A final thought is that people generally need a focus point. If you walked holding a camera but had little or nothing to concentrate it on, you would probably end up with a wobbly shot that would make the viewers sea-sick as it moved, shifted and jumped around. By using yourself as a focus point, you are much more likely to end up with a steadier shot.

Most Haunted. Started off as an interesting idea, quickly degenerated into the ludicrous. It was never the same after we learned that Mary loved Dick

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
-The TV shows seem to record footsteps often, What is the most common type of activity you have experienced?

For me, it's mostly knocks and bangs, with the occasional EVP.

-I realize you may not be going to mental institutions, hospitals, prisons or other places that these investigators frequent, (where one might think ghost activity is more common)...but do you believe it likely that Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, etc. are able to genuinely capture paranormal evidence in all of their investigations?

I have no doubt that they catch anomalies on every investigation - it's just a matter of twisting those experiences into evidence when nothing more substantial is captured.

-Are ghost hunting tools like the Ovilus, K-II meters, Spirit Box, etc., reliable tools in investigations?

There are some very, very compelling arguments for communication using K-II meters, but the Ovilus and and Spirit Box are just Ouija boards with batteries.

-Do most hauntings appear to be intelligent or residual?

Mine seem to be split down the middle.

-Have you investigated a place that was featured on TV? If so, how did your experiences compare to what you saw on TV?

No....not yet!

edit on 18-10-2011 by thewesticle because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by thewesticle because: fixed some typos

top topics

<< 1   >>

join