It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine ex-PM sentenced to 7 years of jail for abuse of power while in office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A lot of countries should do the same thing... most countries on earth really with all the scum running around calling themselves ``leaders``... Blair, Bush, Clinton, Harper, Putin, Berlusconi, etc.... a lot of them (most of them) have abused their power while in office, not to mention done war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Good for Ukraine. Especially against that woman who was funded by the CIA to do her little ``orange revolution``.

Ukraine's Tymoshenko sentenced to 7 years in jail

Ukraine's former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko was sentenced to seven years in prison Tuesday on charges of abuse of office in signing a gas deal with Russia, a verdict the European Union and the United States both condemned as politically motivated.

Tymoshenko, the driving force of the 2004 pro-democracy Orange Revolution and now the nation's top opposition leader, denounced the trial as rigged by President Viktor Yanukovych to get rid of a political opponent.

The case has galvanized the opposition. A crowd of several dozen angry Tymoshenko supporters clashed following the verdict with helmeted riot policed who flooded the city center, but they were quickly pushed away and it was unclear if the protests would last.

Judge Rodion Kireyev declared Tymoshenko, 50, guilty of exceeding her authority as premier when she signed a natural gas imports contract with Russia in 2009. He also banned her from occupying government posts for three years after the completion of her prison term and fined her 1.5 billion hryvna ($190 million or euro140 million) for the damages her actions cost the state.

Boohoo.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
as good as it to see that he was convicted 7 years is a tiny sentence for screwing your country. thats my opinion anyway

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
as good as it to see that he was convicted 7 years is a tiny sentence for screwing your country. thats my opinion anyway

He is a woman. I just heard of this story and read a little bit about it. I dunno if she is the bad guy in this. It looks like she may have been railroaded, but I also don't know any of the details of this agreement that she signed that got her into trouble.

new topics

join