It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to what Obama has done

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't want to vote for any of the candidates because the one I wanted to vote for was not on Tennessee's Ballot.

I did not want to vote for Obama because he kept talking about this "change" and every one thought he was actually going to produce such a change. Really?? Why I wonder do Americans actually believe anything these puppets have to say? Do they really run our Country? It doesn't appear so to me.

I hear of our troops being killed. Well, I thought he was going to start sending them home after he got in the "hot seat"? He didn't do it.

Our Country is actually worse off then it was when he came in. Not saying it is his fault but where is the "change"? Where are all the promises he made to get the votes that put him where he is? Where is the accountability??

I am a Realtor here in Tennessee and our market is not as bad as some but I can tell you....it is BAD and will get worse. As Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae flood the market even more we will have other rounds of people losing their homes.

While people are not only losing their homes they are also losing their jobs and while they lose their jobs the food prices continue to rise along with gas and everything else.

What I want....no man in office will do. This is evident!!

I want REAL CHANGE.....not some words of boasting to say "Hey look at me, vote for me, while I play golf and live it up while you little minions are starving!!!"

I want REAL CHANGE that focuses on US....We The People! Stop out sourcing our jobs, stop bailing out the banks and give to the people, bring our troops home, create more jobs, lower gas and food prices and create a Country where the Federal Reserve does not exist any longer.

I could go on and on.....but the point I guess I am trying to make is NO President will bring about change as long as they are controlled.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Half of that list is barf-worthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I figured this wouldn't go anywhere...

Unless your bashing Obama or making BS up to fit your idea of him...threads die rather quickly.

You place facts in front of the bashers..they retaliate with more BS...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Come on, you cannot possibly expect people to respond to that long winded crap which you just copied and pasted. Since most of it is inaccurate or just plain wrong, it would take a full day to respond to all the points.

Try choosing 1 or 2 points and then you might get some decent feedback.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

OK then...please show me ten points on there that is wrong are complete BS..also back it up with articles saying so. As usual blogs, Youtube videos and extreme right wings sites are not acceptable.

So show me ten points...and if I cannot refute them with articles of my own that are not blogs, YouTube videos or extreme Left wing sites than I will give you those points...I will start it off...here's a random one..

23. Ended previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

US govt will negotiate Medicare drug prices, says Obama

President Barack Obama has pledged to use the purchasing power of Medicare to "limit unnecessary prescription drug spending,” speed up the availability of generic drugs and ban "pay-for-delay" agreements.

Democrats Introduce Bill to Let Medicare Negotiate Drug Prices
edit on 12-10-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

This was in 2009

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

March 23 2010

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

64. . Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

Reeve Paralysis Act Becomes Law

I am just choosing at random..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
84. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program

Obama signs national service legislation
articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

The law creates four national service corps and launches several other initiatives, including, among other things, a "Summer of Service" program to spur greater community outreach by middle- and high-school students.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
97. Improved relations with Iran
www.voanews.com...

57. Limits on lobbyists’ access to the White House
www.washingtonpost.com...

49. Donated his $1.4 million Nobel Prize to nonprofits.
aapci.posterous.com...

108. Ordered the military operation that killed Osama Bin Laden
Do I really need a link for the above..

Hmm maybe I will go through them all when I have time...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I figured this wouldn't go anywhere...

Unless your bashing Obama or making BS up to fit your idea of him...threads die rather quickly.

Please see the image posted on the 2nd page.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A Reminder

From the ATS Terms & Conditions

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"105. Saved Wall Street "

But isn't he now backing the occupy protests that are against wall street?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I have a couple to add..

Official Unemployed

Or viewed another way...has reduced unemployment and put 1.5 Million people back to work since unemployment peaked at 10.1 percent in Oct. 2009.

Numbers are funny that way....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

These are undisputed, irrefutable, undeniable, unchallengeable and incontestable facts and they continue to speak loud and clear!

Star and flag for you my friend for being firmly and solidly planted and grounded in common sense, reality and logic!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

That can be amended to "Saved the economy" and yes he has start to come out in support of the movement but we are iffy if we should accept this "endorsement"!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by filosophia

That can be amended to "Saved the economy" and yes he has start to come out in support of the movement but we are iffy if we should accept this "endorsement"!

0bama saved the Economy?????????????

Ok, so when it suits you, use him as the singular savior or Govt person to push through law.

When it does not suit you, use the argument that 0bama can't do anything because the evil Republicans or the "SCUM" are either controlling him or blocking him.

BS and very very laughable.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Financial reform reactivated something called Stock Market Circuit breakers that was in place between 1988 and August 08 that keeps the market in cheque whereas if the market falls 10% it is closed for 30 mins, if down 20% it is closed for 1 hour and if down 30% it forces the stock market to close for the rest of the day, even if the threshold is met by 11a!

Wiki article explaining in depth the trading curbs :
en.wikipedia.org...

NYSE site explaining it :
usequities.nyx.com...

US Securities & Exchange Commission site explaining them :
www.sec.gov...

Noticed there hasn't been anymore 550+ point drops anymore? This is the reason why!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Now thanks to stricter regulation that 10.1% figure has now dropped to 8.6%!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

Financial reform reactivated something called Stock Market Circuit breakers that was in place between 1988 and August 08 that keeps the market in cheque whereas if the market falls 10% it is closed for 30 mins, if down 20% it is closed for 1 hour and if down 30% it forces the stock market to close for the rest of the day, even if the threshold is met by 11a!

Wiki article explaining in depth the trading curbs :
en.wikipedia.org...

NYSE site explaining it :
usequities.nyx.com...

US Securities & Exchange Commission site explaining them :
www.sec.gov...

Noticed there hasn't been anymore 550+ point drops anymore? This is the reason why!

Maybe the lack of the point drops were I don't know, fed manipulation of the markets?
Operation Twist, last month aimed and successfully stopped the rising market prices of Gold and Silver. Thanks Govt for stepping in and jacking things up................again.

As for saving? Laughable........Utterly laughable.

What is the current economic conditions right now?
What is unemployment?
What is the National Debt?
What are the Market forecasts for next year?

And please, leave out the Liberal banter of "Well Bush did this, or did that". That crap is so old and tired, it is not funny.

Are people doing financially better now, or 6 years ago?

Your BS peddled stinks. The apologetic 0bama crap is old.
He has an agenda, to do what 0bama and his ilk want done. The US economy is tanking. Housing market is STILL tanking. There are scandals coming out left and right on 0bama and his Admin.

SO....0bama is only out for 0bama.
Nice try though.

edit on 22-12-2011 by macman because: Spelling.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The problem with these kinds threads, and the opposite ones, are primarily that as the number of replies increases, the probability, which started at zero, of an actual dialogue being created between two opposing viewpoints remains at zero.

Conservatives will never cede any credit to this president for anything good he does, primarily because that which Liberals consider to be "achievements" they are likely to view as the opposite; just as Liverals viewed Bush's "achievements".

Couple this with a tendency to view things Within a timeframe that benefits your own bias, there really is no point in even engaging in this sort of dialogue.

Obama did not create the bad economy.
Obama has little to do with the unemployment rate.
Obama doesn't control job-growth in the private sector.
But this will not stop those with the predisposition to want to blame him from blaming gin.

Statistically, the economy is recovering, it has been for several years now, but because it is a VERY slow recovery, it's not good enough for those who view everything in the short-term; they are also the same people who think Reaganomics works...

Obama did not personally kill Bin Laden, but he ordered the shot.

The true problem this thread, and every thread like it, highlights is that the Left and the Right in America really do want to take this nation in two diametrically opposed directions.

Personally, I think we need an honest discussion about who we are, who we want to be and how we should try to get there, as a nation. A constitutional convention where we hit the books, get our best and brightest together, and create modern, realistic solutions...maybe states should be more autonomous, I don't know...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That is a fantastic graphic. The Obama supporters will certainly dislike it, but I think it speaks volumes. You can't argue with the quotes and numbers.

Obama has certainly "done" a lot, as evidenced by the OP. But I don't think what he's done has moved our country in the right direction. I'm no George Bush fanatic, and I think we are continuing down the wrong roadway...but at an accelerated pace.

Nobel Peace Prize...how ANYONE can promote THAT one as an Obama accomplishment makes me howl with laughter.
edit on 22-12-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join