It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help us track Occupy Canada !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Greeting friends,

I created last weekend this platform based on the Ushahidi framework with the goal of tracking every protests in Canada (for now). From this website, we can report everything from protests, general assemblies, camp site, different services (wifi, food, restrooms, etc) and also police roadblock zones. This gets all added to a map and it's easier to manage this way.

I'm sending an invitation to all the Canadians (and americans if they want to help) to join us and help track everything that is going on this October 15th !

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is a very good idea.

Do you know of any bi-laws that prevent camping in public spaces?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I just saw some of the movement on the news. In Edmonton, they said about 400 showed up and about 75 are going to stick around and try to camp there. Mostly seems to be lots of little occupy movements around the country.

No fires are allowed, I hope they have lots of blankets. It's getting cold, -1 celcius.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

That looks like a decent turnout.
Nice of the cops to post aerial photos

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Occupy Guelph needs a few resources and it may fizzle out due to the weather. Windy here, but they pledge to be there tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well Toronto had gotten an alert, occupyto.org...

They are hoping some more people show between 4 and 5 AM as apparently the police are planning tent searches

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Today was day 1 of the Occupy Vancouver movement.

5000+ people attended, the green grass quickly filled up and the people spilled out onto the street stopping traffic at Georgia St - a very important road leading to one of only 2 bridges headed north, the only means are reaching the shore.

I look forward to seeing how this grows.

-GM

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

This is an accumulation of photos and a couple video I took from Occupy Vancouver.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
vancouver protestors have moved from the art gallery encampment to the courthouse, have set up again.
protestors say that the courts would need a new injuction.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It looks like Edmonton is still there

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

EDMONTON - Police indicated Sunday they would not remove Occupy protesters camping in bone-chilling temperatures in a private park in the Alberta capital.

The news was greeted warmly by the Occupy protesters, who were gathered in an army-style tent that was heated by woodstoves that sheltered them from the -20 C weather on Sunday.

Edmonton police said Saturday that they had asked Occupy organizers to monitor everyone at the site every 15 minutes. Officers were worried about the frigid temperatures and the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from heaters in tents.

Brrr, it's cold out there.

I haven't found much about Saskatchewan. The temps got down to -30 a couple of nights ago, but it's warming up again.
A little cold.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Snow beats protests.
Cold beats protests.
Rock beats Harper.

new topics

top topics

join