It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does President Obama lie about jobs not being available?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why does this president keep trying to portray to America that there aren't any jobs? This is utter nonsense as there are over 7 million jobs available according to our own governments data at the St. Louis economic data center. This is the same data that Bernanke uses(Federal Reserve Data) and everyone else. So why does this president lie to everyone. He acts as if there aren't any jobs out there and his plan is the only way to get a job. That's just ridiculous.

Here are the cold hard facts of current jobs out there:

3.2 million non-farm jobs Non-Farm Jobs Available

3.0 million Total Private Jobs Private Jobs

The rest of jobs can be found here All Job Data

Does this guy think we are uneducated or something and can't find this data ourselves? It's not that hard to find out. This is exactly why no one in Washington is backing his job bill as everyone knows he is obfuscating information. There are plenty of jobs available for people to go to work. People just don't want to work as they are getting free rides with Social programs, such as:

1.) Section 8 housing ---- WIKI Section 8 Housing . I know for a fact the U S government will pay up to 41500 a month to cover rent. What's going on right now is people in Phoenix for example, are buying up foreclosures and then turning them into a HUD hole for about 5K and getting section 8 renters. Sometimes the same people who got foreclosed on.

2.) Food Stamps.

3.) Welfare

4.) Unemployment

You can get all of these things from the Government right now, so Why work? Why would you work for $10 an hour when you can get all of this for free? Amazing..................

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Seven million jobs spread out over three point seven million square miles of continental United States. Twenty Six Million and up unemployed, of which only a few may be qualified for any particular position in any particular region. You do the math.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS

1.) Section 8 housing -
2.) Food Stamps.

3.) Welfare

4.) Unemployment

You can get all of these things from the Government right now, so Why work? Why would you work for $10 an hour when you can get all of this for free? Amazing..................

Because it's oh so glorious to live in section 8 housing and to live off of foodstamps, amirite?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My job allows me to meet a lot of people everyday and in and out of different businesses everyday. There is always someone looking for a job. I keep a list of people looking for work and a list of jobs i know have openings. Thing is when I offer people recommendations to these said jobs they never follow through.

Conversation typically goes like this.

MR./MRS X "Boy SiKFury i really need a job."
SiKFury "Well as you would mention it I know of a job opening and it even has benefits!!"
MR/MRS X "Wow really what is the job?"
SiKFury "pulls out his notebook with jobs and brief descriptions written on it" "Well lets see here. Its at so and so place pay is so and so and the hours are so and so. I even know the head guy so getting the job should be a sure thing."
MR/MRS X " Ahh shucks I thought you had a job in mind like my last job. I would take this one but i won't get Columbus or Flag Day off like my last job. Ya and see these hours here. It would really interfere with my 6 year olds flag football. I mean sure hes 6 but everyones kids are in some kind of sport and its the "normal" thing to do"

at this point anyone who has ever written a screen play is smashing their face on the keyboard as they watch me butcher bad conversation.

MR/MRS X " The commute is 5 minutes farther HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE OF GAS.!!"

This goes on for another 5 minutes as MR/MRS X comes up with the most bogus excuses until they give you the usual "well thanks anyway bud Ill just have to keep my nose to grindstone and keep filling out those unemployment papers every week."

It happens A LOT. Talking to business owners they have a revolvong door of employees. This is called "turnover". It cost companies money to higher an employee. Background checks getting them enrolled in insurance programs. The cost they have to actually train you in said job. TO have the employee no call no show within a few weeks. A good employee who actual shows up on time everyday and is actually worth whatever they are paying them is elusive as bigfoot sometimes.

There are jobs out there. They arent like your last job were you got to slack off half the day because business was booming and your boss was too busy counting money than watching you collect a paycheck that you didnt earn at the end of the week. You wont get all those paid holidays off that you got at your last job. The work wont be as easy and the hours will not be as mailable as when you took 2 hour lunches and those half day Fridays.

People need to wake up the gravy train is either gone or on hold for a long time. With some good ol hold work and getting our out of control government back in line get ready for the long haul its not gonna be easy. The good have to pay for what the bad have done? Yup its kind of a repeating pattern in history.

Get a job and get out of debt. Without debt this corporatist bank run economy will shut down and hopefully we can replace it with something that works.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What? There are over 100,000 brand new home in Phoenix alone and most are in section 8 housing. How do I know this? I know the realtors doing it and it's all legal. Most of these people live in better homes that you can imagine in section 8 housing now due to all of the homes that were foreclosed on.

America needs to wake up and soon!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look at all of these nice section 8 homes for rent in Phoenix...

Section 8 housing for rent Phoenix

Do these look like slum homes to you? The taxpayer is paying for these folks, it's happening all across America. Would you work if you could live in these nice homes for free?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SiKFury

You cannot get out of debt while trying to survive off of a job with garbage wages, if that's what you are implying. You do understand that it is not easy to go from making good money to being paid slave wages while you still have to feed your children, pay for your food, housing, etc.

It amazes me to come on this site everyday, just to read ignorant stuff basically trying to call the millions of unemployed "lazy". They were not LAZY prior to 2008, or 2001 for that matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

My neighbors live in government funded house right next door. Same square footage same roof same siding same walkout basement same half acre of ground.

Now I like my neighbor he is a cool guy and have a great family. I would love to see him prosper and would even financially back him and help him pay his bills. The government doesnt like that. Its harder to get off government programs than to get on them. Im not talking about the psychological part of dependency but the actual act of going through the paper work.

The nefarious thing is that these programs are put in place by GOOD people with the best intentions. The sickness that arose in the minds of our public school educated masses is that people are owed these things all along. It was supposed to be a helping hand when your neighbors or churches/groups were overwhelmed. You were expected to be helped and to help yourself. There is a growing number of people that only take help and leave the helping of themselves to those "sheeple". Uhg i use the word sheeple i loose 1 million internet points.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If a person can get more money from government benefits than they can from taking some low-level job, then why would they want to go look for work?

But, the problem is even more complex than that. There are other factors at play here:

Structural Unemployment You've got people,lots of them, who cannot find a job that matches their education and experience. If you've spent your whole life selling insurance and you're currently looking for a job, then insurance industry jobs are what you're going to look for first. You'll likely have a hard time getting hired for anything else.

There is a vacuum left behind by immigrant workers who have either been deported or have willingly packed it in and headed back home as the situation in America continues to degrade. Do you think the guy who's been selling insurance for 20 years is going to be able go out and pick strawberries,paint houses or wash dishes? Not as easy as it sounds.

To compound the problem, many people were tricked into going to back to school to get more degrees or change career fields in an attempt to create more debt bubbles and keep the economy rolling for a bit longer. Now, you have a huge glut of people who are newly retrained or qualified for something else and are looking for work in these areas. And, they have high expectations to go with those massive student loans they can't discharge in bankruptcy.

The market is flooded with people who have new degrees/training but no experience to back it up. They aren't going to settle with working the night desk at a hotel. They expect work in their chosen field because they were told going to back to school in these lean times would assure them a secure future.NOT.

Technological Displacement- You would not believe the areas in which both hardware and software are being rolled out in a effort to downsize the number of needed staff. This is a natural course of action that cannot be avoided. As technology improves and becomes cheaper, fewer people are needed to work. As the economy worsens, companies will scramble even faster to downsize and implement technologies to fill the void.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by SiKFury

You cannot get out of debt while trying to survive off of a job with garbage wages, if that's what you are implying. You do understand that it is not easy to go from making good money to being paid slave wages while you still have to feed your children, pay for your food, housing, etc.

It amazes me to come on this site everyday, just to read ignorant stuff basically trying to call the millions of unemployed "lazy". They were not LAZY prior to 2008, or 2001 for that matter.

What do you mean survive? Like survive as in actually eating and shelter. Or maintaining that lawn service the bran new black berry the steak and 12 pack with a bag of cheetos and your friends on on game night? What about those soccer practices that you drive 30 minutes to and pay X amount of dollars so your kids can be babysat when you could of just stayed at home.

You must live in a completely different world than I see everyday. No one is out there "SURVIVING". They are however "MAINTAINING" the lifestyle they had when times were great. Dont down grade that vehicle. Dont buy hamburger when you could be eating steak. Nah that cant be the answer.

I dont eat macaroni and cheese fishsticks frozen pizza and hamburger helper for the fun of it. I do it because it all comes out the same way and saves me a crap ton of money.

I never called them lazy either. However they are not willing to except that things have changed. They are still living in this fantasy land that if they can hold out just a little longer that associates degree in business management is gonna land them in a CEO spot on the next Walmart store to spring up.

Businesses are looking for work ethic and experience.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Twistedwords, I think you're confused.

The 3.0 million total private jobs are in the 3.2 million non-farm jobs.

Non-farm is the total.

There are not 7 million jobs out there for 26 million unemployed people, there are 3.2 million jobs out there for 26 million people.

edit on 11/10/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by strings0305
Seven million jobs spread out over three point seven million square miles of continental United States. Twenty Six Million and up unemployed, of which only a few may be qualified for any particular position in any particular region. You do the math.

Last I heard it is actually 14 million unemployed/underemployed/ or simply stopped looking unemployed.

But I agree with you I just wanted it to be more accurate.

edit on 11-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury
My job allows me to meet a lot of people everyday and in and out of different businesses everyday. There is always someone looking for a job. I keep a list of people looking for work and a list of jobs i know have openings. Thing is when I offer people recommendations to these said jobs they never follow through.

Conversation typically goes like this.

MR./MRS X "Boy SiKFury i really need a job."
SiKFury "Well as you would mention it I know of a job opening and it even has benefits!!"
MR/MRS X "Wow really what is the job?"
SiKFury "pulls out his notebook with jobs and brief descriptions written on it" "Well lets see here. Its at so and so place pay is so and so and the hours are so and so. I even know the head guy so getting the job should be a sure thing."
MR/MRS X " Ahh shucks I thought you had a job in mind like my last job. I would take this one but i won't get Columbus or Flag Day off like my last job. Ya and see these hours here. It would really interfere with my 6 year olds flag football. I mean sure hes 6 but everyones kids are in some kind of sport and its the "normal" thing to do"

at this point anyone who has ever written a screen play is smashing their face on the keyboard as they watch me butcher bad conversation.

MR/MRS X " The commute is 5 minutes farther HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE OF GAS.!!"

This goes on for another 5 minutes as MR/MRS X comes up with the most bogus excuses until they give you the usual "well thanks anyway bud Ill just have to keep my nose to grindstone and keep filling out those unemployment papers every week."

It happens A LOT. Talking to business owners they have a revolvong door of employees. This is called "turnover". It cost companies money to higher an employee. Background checks getting them enrolled in insurance programs. The cost they have to actually train you in said job. TO have the employee no call no show within a few weeks. A good employee who actual shows up on time everyday and is actually worth whatever they are paying them is elusive as bigfoot sometimes.

There are jobs out there. They arent like your last job were you got to slack off half the day because business was booming and your boss was too busy counting money than watching you collect a paycheck that you didnt earn at the end of the week. You wont get all those paid holidays off that you got at your last job. The work wont be as easy and the hours will not be as mailable as when you took 2 hour lunches and those half day Fridays.

People need to wake up the gravy train is either gone or on hold for a long time. With some good ol hold work and getting our out of control government back in line get ready for the long haul its not gonna be easy. The good have to pay for what the bad have done? Yup its kind of a repeating pattern in history.

Get a job and get out of debt. Without debt this corporatist bank run economy will shut down and hopefully we can replace it with something that works.

Where do You live? I'll take the job if it's in my state Florida.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

There is another as well, Veterans Unemployment.

I have personally experienced HR personnel who have told me that they are afraid to hire veterans due to PTSD issues. Myself, I have none, I’m a grumpy ‘ol SOB all the time, but at least I’m consistent.
Punch in, do your job and punch out.

Hell, I just want to mow grass and plow snow, I like mowing grass and plowing snow. But I still haven't found anyone to hire me. I'm retired and am not asking for a lot of money, just something to take the edge off a fixed income.

I'm playing the commodities market, but the hours are weird and even though I'm working from home...it can be stressful.

There are programs to help Vets, but the stigma is out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
After I moved to Louisiana and I was looking for an apartment, I found something I liked that was close to work. Turned out it was section 8 housing and since I wanted to pay rent, I couldnt live there

edit on 11-10-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury

What do you mean survive? Like survive as in actually eating and shelter. Or maintaining that lawn service the bran new black berry the steak and 12 pack with a bag of cheetos and your friends on on game night? What about those soccer practices that you drive 30 minutes to and pay X amount of dollars so your kids can be babysat when you could of just stayed at home.

You make ignorant assumptions. There are several upon several Americans who are at their wits end right now and they aren't doing ANY of this. Ask people who WORK, but are now forced to live out of their car with their family in it, what they are doing with their money? Try crawling out of that box that your sheltered existence has you trapped in,

You must live in a completely different world than I see everyday. No one is out there "SURVIVING". They are however "MAINTAINING" the lifestyle they had when times were great. Dont down grade that vehicle. Dont buy hamburger when you could be eating steak. Nah that cant be the answer.

I dont eat macaroni and cheese fishsticks frozen pizza and hamburger helper for the fun of it. I do it because it all comes out the same way and saves me a crap ton of money.

So you believe that you are the only American that does this? You are making so many bad assumptions about what people are doing it's laughable. Just because you believe that people are out there living high off of the hog while being thrust into dire straits doesn't make it true. You should be embarrassed to even say garbage like this.

I never called them lazy either.

You did indirectly, and you are implying that everyone who is "surviving" as you put it, is a fat and lazy soccer mom. What???

However they are not willing to except that things have changed. They are still living in this fantasy land that if they can hold out just a little longer that associates degree in business management is gonna land them in a CEO spot on the next Walmart store to spring up.

And what about the person who is even more qualified than that person, who put in the work by going to school, getting their masters, or going back to school to add on to their degree? You know, when they can't get a job? That is happening RIGHT now. Your oversimplification of this situation proves your naïveté about what is going on around you.

Businesses are looking for work ethic and experience.

Hard to gain experience when you can't get hired because you don't have any. Jesus christ.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Missouri. My broad brush painting was painting a mural rather than a 10x10 picture mind you. The same sentiments displayed by people around the country can be seen on a the street level in my part of the country. I wouldnt go look for work in Detroit if you get my picture.

Ripping up your family and moving to a part of the country that can supply jobs isnt easy and hope to God Im never forced to do it. Im not gonna sit here and tell you to up root and move to my town so I can set you up with a job. However if someone were there are people that help other people help themselves everywhere.

Next time while your getting a soda at a gas station or buying from your local grocery store ask that bag boy or 36 year old burnout behind the counter if hes heard of anyone hiring. Social pipelines and referrals are your fastest way to employment. Talk to people who are out of your comfort zone.

Anecdotal story alert!!!

A young kid still in high school was employed by my company for part time and weekend work for 10 bucks an hour. First thing we all noticed was he was on time to work and worked his butt off and did what he said he was going to do. He put his 2 weeks in on good terms and went to college to get his criminal justice degree. He started work in a local juvenile detention center with the referrals he got from our company and his attitude towards his chosen field of study and overall attitude on what "work" was. That juvenile detention center was closed down 6 months ago. He came back and asked us for a job.

It wasnt a question of if we would hire him back it was just a matter of how fast we could get this kid back onto the payroll. Yes he is a low level employee now making 14 dollars an hour with benefits 40 hours a week. He is also actively looking to become a state trooper. Our company knows that he is actively looking for another job but finding a person of his caliber is few and far between. Our bosses are writing him referrals and talking to people they know to get this guy his desired job. The number of people that has gon in and out of his job with our company would make you cry out Darth Vader style. NOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Forced to live out of their car huh.... yup that really sucks. You think that what is happening now and all those people I was talking about live out of their cars? Wow walk about making ignorant assumptions. I think i see a hole in the box you say Im living in... yup I see I SEE. I see the tear jerk story you used there that makes it sound like thats the rule and not the exception. You see those programs that those good people voted in for those hard luck cases was for those people living out of their cars like that. The government not only abused our trust but to add tot hat the people are abusing it as well. Thanks

Yes im saying that in the history of the world I SiKFury am basically the king of the world when it comes to budgeting. Come on now. Your acting like I with my self taught innovative ideas for living like im poor now so I can live easy when im older independently is my own doing. People are taught. People do not just do things. Its all taught knowledge. Thrust into dire straights? Again you put worst case scenario instead of realizing the mess people get themselves into. The programs we have in place were put there for people put in dire straights. If you think thats whats happening today I dont know what to say to you.

Fat and lazy soccer mom?? Come on!! Now Im calling women fat and lazy and only women take their kids to soccer. Its about spending money wisely. Sports has become a comlex in American society. Way to much over emphasis. I would bet you would agree with me on this.

College is not and never has been a get rich free card. Nor should it be. We have a revolving door of those college grads that come in to be our bosses. They come in loud and arrogant "most of them not all" then that little bit of sweat beads up on their forehead and they are gone. I have seen first hand what some of these degrees give these young people. A big head and no realistic expectation of what the world is actually like. Being book qualified and actually qualified are two separate things. Personally I know how to set up a hydropnic garden and grow stuff. I have never actually done it. You know who i would hire to say grow vegetables "this is prolly a bad analogy" for me? Sure as heck not me but ol farmer bill down the street who has actually done it for years with great results.

I think you may be confusing lets say business experience with work experience. People who show up on time and produce results "IE make their company money in actuality and not theory" are the people employers are looking for. That means starting at the bottom. If the persons education helped them at all the employers will notice it and move you up faster than others around you. I could give anecdotal stories on this but would be painful tp type and more painful to read i would bet.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Im all for veteran benefits. My sister and brother in law get those benefits. Paid for their schooling and medical costs and whatnot. I would never and will never equate benefits that come from taxes for veterans. If you sign up your paid for. Any of that stigma you say is out there wont be coming from me or anyone I would call a friend.

Tell you what the best new thriving business owners at least in my area are vets. You may not want the added stress and stuff since your retired but people flock to veteran owned businesses. In my area of course. That broad brush of mine keeps coming out.
edit on 11-10-2011 by SiKFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just the facts Ma'am

Take the jobs market. Tally the number of jobs eliminated since the recession began and also the labor market's failure to create enough jobs to keep up with normal population growth, and you're left with an 11.2 million jobs deficit, a chasm between where the economy should be and where it is now. Filling that gap is the key to any recovery, but to do so by mid-2016 would mean adding 280,000 jobs a month—a pipe dream in an economy limping along creating an average of just 35,000 jobs a month for the past three months. Unless the country's jobs engine were somehow jump-started, 11.2 million jobs in this decade would be a real stretch.

source

But few in Congress, and none of the controlling Republican politicians, will even think about using the jumper cables. President Obama's relatively modest American Jobs Act, for instance, was declared a corpse on arrival at the House of Representatives. On Monday, a reporter asked House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), "The $447 billion jobs package as a package: dead?" Yes, Cantor assured him, indeed it was.

Unemployed.gov

top topics

<<   2 >>

join