It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going On? It Almost Seems That Nobody Wants To Be The Next President!!!!!!! Scary Thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i honestly have thought whoever wants to be president has got to be the most ignorant fools that ever lived either that are sadists its crazy thats one job most people will never want to have.

there are extenuating circumstances at the moment aint noone can fix wrong with this country at the moment

there is a most wise saying that has been passed down from generation to generation and that is:

You Can't Fix Stoopid"

and yes that was intentionally mispeled.
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The fact of the matter is, anyone who wants to be a politician of any stripe, does not deserve the job, and in fact the desire should automatically disqualify them. All of the sleazebags who are being considered did not get to the positions they are in because their communities DEMANDED they take care of things for them. They got there by kissing the right butts, nothing else. THat's the way it works. That is really the whole problem right there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The Kabuki theatre that is the US "elections" is just that. None of these dirtballs who are pretending they don't want to run are not drooling at the thought. Being President is the favorite wet dream of all of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I've had the same thought for a few months now. The job has always been tough, and presidents have always gone gray and look like they've aged a hundred years in their first term, but there's always been a good number of people clamoring for the job anyways. This time around it feels different, and it feels more than ever like the media is working hard to convince people to run. It's made me think there's some reason people don't want the job this time around. But that's probably just crazy paranoia...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What I noticed is that really the President is like the public name that all households know. Isn't it true that the Senate and House are who really pass the bills et al? And really, how many of us know THEIR individual names to point fingers, blame and hate at? I'd NEVER want to be Pres just because my name would be hated even though I really didn't do squat compared to the Senate/House.

But yeah, your OP makes scary sense; especially given that thread on here yesterday about how Obama is shutting himself off and not wanting to BE President any more. Kinda makes you wonder exactly WHAT They're told in their first week, what they see, find out.... I bet whatever it is, it literally rapes your mind and tears blinders off - blinders which maybe we as a whole should feel very lucky to have on. I'm not talking the normal blinders that we ATS'ers are removing daily from ours and other's eyes. I'm talking that super secret stuff that we can only speculate on. Perhaps that is the reason the Presidents age so fast.

I mean, if you were to find out something so.......... horrific, it'd age you too, especially if you couldn't tell the public and the only others who know are in the Government. Never know what threats the tell the President to keep him/her quiet. It's terrifying what they must go through that first week.

"Now that you're President, come with us. There is something you need to see and know."

Enter stress, fear, disbelief, grey hair, aging lines...... the only other people I know of who age fast like that are users of a bad bad ...something which makes the user go from looking 20 to 60 in a few months. So whatever they're telling the Presidents.... it's brutal enough to literally scare them into white hair.

maybe that joke about seeing a ghost and your hair turning white isn't so fictitious after all.......

(mods, I did my best to refrain from wording a particular sentence in any way which would get this post deleted. i hope it won't. I really hope it won't)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
The fact of the matter is, anyone who wants to be a politician of any stripe, does not deserve the job, and in fact the desire should automatically disqualify them.

Reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - what we really need is someone who just wants to talk to his cat

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I will agree to become the next president on the following conditions...
1.I want a tax payers' paid vacation every 6 weeks.
2.I want to take everyone from ATS with me on these vacations.
3.I want to have a tax payers' paid wardrobe complete with heels,furs
and jewelry.
4.I want my own hairdresser and make-up artist.
5.I will need someone to sift my kitties litter pans everyday.
6.I want a private secretary who will do all my "work" for me.
7.I would appoint ATS members on my staff.The three amigoes would
be my advisory council.
8.The truth about ANY ISSUES will finally be revealed to ATS first.
9.I don't want my hair turning gray like every other presidents' have.
10.So,I would be putting "my council" in charge of the country,while I sip
on a mixed drink with those little umbrellas.
11.I almost forgot...I want my cars to match my outfits.
This is a play thread,right?
edit on 11-10-2011 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
^ This.

I'll run it with ya. Long as my hair doesn't go grey. I'm pushing 40 and still haven't one grey at all and I'd like to keep it that way.
Maybe it IS time for a few chicks to hold power.

Lord knows the men of the Senate and House would bend over backwards to do as we demanded -especially during that time of the month.

"Just do anything to make them stop whining and yelling. PLEASE."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join