It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to take action against IRAN following assasination plot of Saudi ambassador on US soil.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Breaking news here in UK.
There appears to be evidence that the plot has connections to the Iranian Government.
Full details are a bit sketchy but there are already denials from the Iranian Government.
The UK has apparently given support for appropriate response,

uk.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 11-10-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nice way to get everyone to look the other way while there are OWS protests.

" hey look over here, look at iran everyone....."

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

I just did a search and found 0 sources saying the US is taking action.

The source and thread title do not match at all. It just states that the UK back reprisals against Iran. Nothing more nothing less.
edit on 10/11/2011 by SpaDe_ because: .....

link   

Breaking here for some time...7 pages as of this post

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted
edit on 10/11/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Funny these were my thoughts exactly too.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
just about to post this, the only source i have is daily fail lol this isnt good news for iran though.www.dailymail.co.uk...

what strook me was the claim Iranians offered $1.5m to Mexican drug cartels for a bomb plot, i remember certain incidents  or it could have been Bs) that Hezbollah were planning on attacking america through mexico a few years back.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Thetawave because: ,

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The misdirection techniques used by the US is getting old.

People still fall for it tho.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"Secretary of state Hillary Clinton said the US was preparing new penalties against Iran, including financial sanctions against individuals"

Lets hope thats all it is , just a few sanctions like they always have done .

They better show some rock hard evidence linking the iranian governt to this false flag bs , this is not what the world needs right now .

Iranian govnt not so foolish for such a flimsy plot .

I hope this gets resolved quickly , and u.s apologizes to iran

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry yes I had a new link too

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You don't know if it's misdirection or not.

Peace
KJ

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There is some good points being made here

www.theatlantic.com...

I dont think we are getting the whole story.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Nonsense! This is classic misdirection to take focus off Holder for his actions in Operation Fast and Furious as well as to take focus off of the ever expanding protest taking place in this country.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The unholy allience again,US,GB and France.The same player's in Libya.I put these three together for demonstrative purposes.France has not come in to the mix yet or has it?
Has everyone forgotten that France had threatened war with Iran last week.The deadline has past,I feel that the posturing is comming to an end and the green light is given.They need something to distract and occupy the disgruntled masses.They are rising you know?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Nonsense! This is classic misdirection to take focus off Holder for his actions in Operation Fast and Furious as well as to take focus off of the ever expanding protest taking place in this country.

That this smacks of "classic misdirection" is something that lives in your head. You speak with conviction of things you don't know unless you are holding back something the rest of us don't (which I doubt).

As to taking attention away from the protest, who cares about it? I don't because when push comes to shove, they are protesting nothing of value and are wasting their time. I'm pretty sure this protest will dry up or stagnate (at best).

As for Holder, what is there to say about it. Bold idea, totally botched. Roll some heads and move on. It doesn't seem to be something that should really take up a lot of headline space for any long period of time.

If you've got something to back it up with or some kind of logical reasoning (meaning more than just speculation and conjecture), then out with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Just yesterday Holder was being held to the fire for his role in Operation Fast and Furious. Today it was expected that he would be subpoenaed, however that did not happen. Why?

Saying that Fast and Furious is no big deal is a gross understatement. An official Government Agency who's purpose is to enforce the Law in regards to firearms, allowed a few thousand illegally purchased firearms to walk into Mexico and straight into the hands of known murdering Drug Cartels, some of which were found at the scene of a murdered US Boarder Patrol Agent. Yeah, clearly that is not a big deal at all coming from a Government that has been passing legislation that restricts freedom all the while having people felt up at the airport so we can be kept safe. Obviously passing guns into the hands of Drug Cartels will keep people safe.

This is the equivalent of Officer Joe in Chicago putting guns into the hands of known violent felons in the hopes of these same felons committing crimes using those firearms so he can make a bust, and then just by accident that no one could see coming, these same felons kill a few cops. Whoops! Nothing to see here folks!

As far as these protest, which I agree have no clear goal at all, are continuing to spread. What started in NY has now moved on to several different states. They are attracting people who are unhappy, dissatisfied, and plain just pissed off. People thought this would fade away a few weeks ago. It hasn't. It has grown. Now reports out of NY suggest protesters are going to march on the homes of the rich people they are blaming. Sorry, you may think that this whole thing will go away, but I see progression and the choosing on new targets for people's anger.

Of course with Today's announcement, backed up with no details, Holder and Fast and Furious are not being discussed and it is effectively out of the Public eye now. The Protest which has continued to grow the more it is talked about in the media, is no longer being talked about. Out of sight out of mind. Of course now Holder and the DOJ also looks like heros for stopping an attack on American soil. That is some amazing coincidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Just yesterday Holder was being held to the fire for his role in Operation Fast and Furious. Today it was expected that he would be subpoenaed, however that did not happen. Why?

From what I've read, nothing seems to have changed. New subpoena, this time for the justice dept. Shoot, the first was issued in March. Do you really thing anything happens fast in Washington?

Saying that Fast and Furious is no big deal is a gross understatement. An official Government Agency who's purpose is to enforce the Law in regards to firearms, allowed a few thousand illegally purchased firearms to walk into Mexico and straight into the hands of known murdering Drug Cartels, some of which were found at the scene of a murdered US Boarder Patrol Agent. Yeah, clearly that is not a big deal at all coming from a Government that has been passing legislation that restricts freedom all the while having people felt up at the airport so we can be kept safe. Obviously passing guns into the hands of Drug Cartels will keep people safe.

I never said it was "no big deal". You extrapolated that, probably based on what you think the opposition would say. What I said is that it was a bold plan that got botched, meaning came back to bite us. Let's be clear though, saying that if these guns had not been the ones, there wouldn't be any or as many. I would disagree and say that the guns get their on their own, but at least having these already in the system makes tracking the movement and flow of the network possible.

As far as these protest, which I agree have no clear goal at all, are continuing to spread. What started in NY has now moved on to several different states. They are attracting people who are unhappy, dissatisfied, and plain just pissed off. People thought this would fade away a few weeks ago. It hasn't. It has grown. Now reports out of NY suggest protesters are going to march on the homes of the rich people they are blaming. Sorry, you may think that this whole thing will go away, but I see progression and the choosing on new targets for people's anger.

Oh I see the anger, but I really don't see much else. The protest is like getting mad that your girlfriend gave birth to a child you'll have to pay for, but forgetting how all that came to be. Another way to look at it, is being mad at illegal immigrants rather than the real causes.

Even if the protests DO grow further, which they might, they will end in nothing (or close to). People can be pissed off all they want to, but even by spreading this they will do nothing because they have nothing to say.

Hence my point.

Of course with Today's announcement, backed up with no details, Holder and Fast and Furious are not being discussed and it is effectively out of the Public eye now. The Protest which has continued to grow the more it is talked about in the media, is no longer being talked about. Out of sight out of mind. Of course now Holder and the DOJ also looks like heros for stopping an attack on American soil. That is some amazing coincidence.

You know we do have quite a lot of people at work in the field. It certainly is possible to have more than one thing go on at a time. I don't see any shortage of articles about fast and furious.

Even if there are, the GOP candidates and talk radio alone won't let it die.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

anything said by Eric "Fast and Furious" Holder should be taken with a grain of salt.

I am sick of war. I will not support another war. I will not dance to the war drums. If that makes me unpatriotic, then f# it, i am unpatriotic.

Ben Franklin once said, "Where there is liberty, that is my nation." I am a man without a nation.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I get the feeling they were saving the Iran invasion for a "rainy day." You know wars pull the country together...look what happened after 9-11.

They see the country disintegrating before their eyes and maybe they think this is the only way to keep it together?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The misdirection techniques used by the US is getting old.

People still fall for it tho.

It's getting old.

I have a hard time Iran is playing games with Mexican gangsters?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I never said it was "no big deal". You extrapolated that, probably based on what you think the opposition would say. What I said is that it was a bold plan that got botched, meaning came back to bite us. Let's be clear though, saying that if these guns had not been the ones, there wouldn't be any or as many. I would disagree and say that the guns get their on their own, but at least having these already in the system makes tracking the movement and flow of the network possible.

This has got to be one of the most outrageous things I've ever read on ATS.

How appropriate your screen name is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join