It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Occupy Wall Street

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The results of our latest survey are in, and while we're seeing what looks like solid support for the Occupy Wall Street movement, there are a couple surprises within the results. We had a total of 26,418 respondents, with 5,217 members and 21,201 non-members completing the questions. And we've continued our effort to differentiate between member responses and non-member responses, which is where most of the surprises will be found.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yeah as expected and you go back in the way back machine to the ron paul poll you would have never guessed this outcome.

over 20 thousand "guests" so what im gonna do is subtract that from the real members here.
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I certainly hope that these movements do not spawn violence and the inheritance of martial law throughout these major cities, but at this point it is almost looking as it will become an inevitably thanks to our horribly manipulated judicial and policing system we have here in the "Land of the Free".

I'll keep my fingers crossed for something monumental and beautiful to happen that will change the way we see ourselves and the world.

edit to add:

Also, I'd reccommend abandoning the guests from the polls. If they're so inclined to partake, then they should partake in the community as well. As a computer science major, I'm under the impression there is plenty of bot-polling occurring in this survey.

39% of guests think violence is a mandatory part of the movement, while 11% of members think it is. Disgusting.

Obvious psy-op if you ask me.
edit on 11-10-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Love the results.

I think our current system requires a facelift. Starting from the root of it all. Those that control the money. We need to rethink our failures for a better global system that does not require money to exchange for goods, other sustainable means of trading should be adapted on a global scale. I suggestion we need a

rEvolution
edit on 11-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am surprised at the the percentage of members thinking violence is necessary.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I voted neutral in three questions i think? i am still unsure of the Occupy Wall Street protests true goals, i do know there are different groups protesting different topics, some have said this may be a plot by obama? sadly i dont believe that unless there is proof.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
Good to see the members here have strong pacifistic tendencies and respect for the rule of law.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
These certainly are interesting results, but not suprising. Being aware of the way this site is placed in terms of political and social attitudes, this is pretty much what I expected from the membership, and other contributors to the results.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That is a fascinating cross section of opinions. The last 3 questions pertaining to violence are of particular interest to see. One heck of a difference there between Members and Non-Members. Well, I can at least take comfort knowing that I'm not alone in believing violence is about the worst possible idea anyone could come up with on the occupations.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's a sad state of affairs when one can't win on the merits of their ideas, but on the ferocity of their animalistic instincts.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting to see that the guests appear to be fringing on the violent agitator side of the fence.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens this Saturday, October 15th.

Occupy will go global. Peaceful Non Compliance.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Members err on the side of the law going after violent protesters, non-members believe violence should not be prosecuted. Odd?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I missed the polling and I find the results interesting, yet I don't agree with most of them. Occupy Wall street in my opinion is becoming a joke. The more Hollywood becomes involved the less serious the whole movement will become. I haven't gone to any in my area because I work but having said that if this movement had the backing and was a majority of the 30, 40 & 50 year olds then I think it would be taken seriously and the issues would be clearly defined.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
point to make here is alot of people voted before the democrats endorsed them before the potus and other congressman began voicing their support as in the last thread skeptic made the wise comment that it could get very well hijacked.

something to remember.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah as expected and you go back in the way back machine to the ron paul poll you would have never guessed this outcome.

over 20 thousand "guests" so what im gonna do is subtract that from the real members here.
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Doing so might get sand in your ears...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Also, I'd reccommend abandoning the guests from the polls. If they're so inclined to partake, then they should partake in the community as well. As a computer science major, I'm under the impression there is plenty of bot-polling occurring in this survey.

39% of guests think violence is a mandatory part of the movement, while 11% of members think it is. Disgusting.

Obvious psy-op if you ask me.

Negative on "abandoning" the guests. The legitimate ones have a voice and deserve a say same as the members.

Separating them out like this also gives a good idea of the "bot" response. When bots are afoot, you know SOMEONE has a keen and vested interest in shaping opinion outcomes, and that's ALWAYS a good thing to be apprised of in the analysis.

Who you decide that "someone" is will of course be subject to your own analysis and critical thinking, but it's always good to know when it's afoot, regardless.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The violence question was very interesting.
Along with the huge guest responses.
The results might have been played with by guest
with ill-intentions to sabotage the poll.

Overall it seems pretty even with people
for and against..

Mostly guest and some members are in an overall agreement some kind of violence
will ensue... Would be a shame. Maybe inevitable.

According to mostly members with a total of 36% believe violence is necessary for change.
Might be right.
The first American revolution would of never happened in 1776
if they just held signs and chanted england would of laughed.
There is a big difference though between that time and now..

I think the protesters will be gone by winters time, it is going
to get REALLY stinking cold soon..

Great poll. beautiful graphics and information with it.
edit on 11-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
Good to see the members here have strong pacifistic tendencies and respect for the rule of law.

Cheers

Well since you put it in that perspective, yes our members have more sense compared to the guest,

no offense guests.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
point to make here is alot of people voted before the democrats endorsed them before the potus and other congressman began voicing their support as in the last thread skeptic made the wise comment that it could get very well hijacked.

something to remember.

so what you are saying is, people should just disregard the corruption, greed and disfunction
because there is a detail that does not sit well with you?
edit on 11-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am surprised at the the percentage of members thinking violence is necessary.

I voted Strongly Disagree on that.

I also voted in disapproval of the movement but some of the questions were a little weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join