It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Cars! It happens BELIEVE ME!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
years ago i was working at a mine and we left the gate unlocked for a equipment delivery. that day a truck drove by the mine building and on up the road.

The gate had a number of keep out, no trespassing signs so i went down and locked the gate.

This was a dead end road with no other way out a when the truck did not come back at the end of the day i drove up the road to find the truck and never found it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I had a strange experience, not a disappearing car as such, but still an impossibility.

Driving in the UK, I was waiting to turn right from a side road on a single carriageway so I had to cross one of the lanes. There was slow moving (crawling) traffic moving to the left in front of me; a truck stopped to let me out so I could turn right.
I moved out in front of the truck and made my right turn... only to find another motorist trying to overtake the slow traffic and heading straight for me; nowhere for me to go and a sure head on collision... only for me then to see the overtaking car pass by my rear window and on safely.

There was no way and no room (the single carriageway roads are not wide enough) for a truck and two cars to pass each other. But still there was no collision.

I have no idea how I avoided it or how it got past me or how I'm still alive..

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was going to create a post on this very thing. I have had this happen to me as well. It usually happens at night but has happened during the day too. I live in rural Arkansas, North Central, and we have just one car between my husband and I. Occasionally I need the car while hubby works. I'll be on my way to pick him up from work and a car will begin riding my @$$ . Their brights aren't on but their so close it doesn't matter. Now, there's stretches of road where there's only driveways to turn onto that there no road turn off for many miles. This stretch is only maybe a mile. When I round a bend into Alpena, where there's more traffic, the car is gone before reaching D.G. on the left. No where for it to have gone but into a driveway which are all dark, no tail-lights.

The first time this happened it was freaky, but I was influenced by grass, so I never said anything about it. Figuring that I must have done a "long blink" or something. But this continues to happen even after I stopped smoking that stuff years ago. All I smoke is cigarettes anymore. I don't drink, and if I did drink I would NEVER drive anyways! The cars ride my bumper or keep a car length between us, but when I approach "civilization" whether it's Alpena or Harrison, it's gone before I get to the end of the exit onto 65. Once it started as I got onto 65 but was gone before I arrived in Harrison. Very weird thing to happen.

The thing is I've had tickets for speeding plenty of times. It's pricey to speed. So I'm much more vigilant about cars around me. Mostly, these vehicles are black SUVs and when we drove a sedan it happened frequently. Since we got a used SUV, I haven't noticed it happening at all. Maybe cuz we're driving less due to economising gas. So no opportunity to experience this. I've never discussed this with my husband not he with me. It's kind of an odd subject tbh. I'm glad others have shared this experience. It's weird how others going through the same thing can bring down the creep factor of an experience.

Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I never have cars disappear unless they turn and that's not disappearing. They are always in my way unless someone turns or I go around them. Sometimes I go around and they might disappear eventually in my rear view.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join