It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Cars! It happens BELIEVE ME!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Remember to always look left, right and then left again

Sorry I couldnt help myself.

Really interesting thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Video or it didn't happen.

Is this thread a joke? Why would cars have mysterious ability to vanish? Oh, because they move fast and you didn't notice them.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

i think that this happens more than people think .

i driving home early one evening through the country side near kirkam , when a mini with its head lights on came up behind me , i pulled over a little to let it pass but it just stayed there , i was annoyed a little because i don't like tail gaters and its lights was causing me discomfort .
i decided to put some distance between us and when i was around 100 yards ahead the lights just vanished .
the area was quite flat with low hedges to both sides of the road and there was no gates or side roads .

i thought it was a boy racer and he had lost control and crashed through the hedge , so i reversed back to see if he was ok and needed help , when i got to the area where the lights had vanished there was no sign of him , no damage to the hedge and the fields was clear .
this happened in 1978 and it is still a clear memory .

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My brother in law talked of several occurrences of this only it was two head lights late at night close to our area near the Allen Ky that would follow him to near Banner then just disappear . According to him they would start far back & get right up on his rear before disappearing also . This was back in the late 80s .
John

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kentuckycowboy2
My brother in law talked of several occurrences of this only it was two head lights late at night close to our area near the Allen Ky that would follow him to near Banner then just disappear . According to him they would start far back & get right up on his rear before disappearing also . This was back in the late 80s .
John

I knew a guy a Trans Am with a blower on it. He had a dimmer switch on his lights so when he was chased by the cops he could dim his lights to make it look like he was going even faster than he was...but just enough he could see the road. I bet drug runners have cooler gadgets to "disappear". Remember the Lamborghini that was caught on the East Coast in the US? Had F-117 flat black paint to hide from radar. The driver would use night vision and he'd evade everything running drugs.

The guy in England with the disappear Mini Cooper, could be MI6....foreign operatives. Could be a hidden exit...maybe even a spot on the road that would open up and she drove down it. Especially in England...lots of secret crazy stuff there. It's an art to you Brits.....so many people hating on your Colonial activities...it's needed.

Setup a camera where you think that car disappeared. See what it catches over a week span.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think you people are having momentary blackouts. You are loosing a few seconds, going catatonic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
LOL. Only on ATS.

cj6

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe its time slips? Like the cars arent really there in your present state but somehow u can see them for those few seconds and then they're gone. I think its possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My wife says this has happened to her a few times now, enough for her to tell me about it and ask if I thought she was going crazy. I just think the cars turn-off, or take a slip road etc... I'm sure there would be an uproar if people and their cars were suddenly disappearing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Video or it didn't happen.

Is this thread a joke? Why would cars have mysterious ability to vanish? Oh, because they move fast and you didn't notice them.

How do you explain the police video with the car vanishing?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This actually happened to me last week. I was driving home from work with another car on the passenger side rear of my truck. We entered the fly over where there are no exits or ramps and I looked to see if i could get over and the car was gone! I have no explanation or opinion as to where that car went.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
Car disappears on police video, what the heck...

You know the cars that disappear could be cloaked they have that technology. They have it on military planes. They have plasma screens or something like that all over the outside, small cameras that take video of the surrounding area and displays it on the screen on the plane which makes it look invisible. If you notice on the police video the car was swerving back and forth crazy like. Why would he do that unless he was trying to make them lose eye contact right in front of them.
edit on 11-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

You must watch this video til the end, yes they claim it disappears early in the video but the SPECTACULAR part is where in the last few seconds the car in question makes an abrupt left turn THROUGH a chain link fence. I dont mean like knocking it down or busting through it, NO, the car passes THROUGH the fence and the video ends with the cop car stopped at the fence as the other vehicle drives away, its tail lights seen through the fence...
edit on 12-10-2011 by imeddieone4202003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask

Though an invisible car might be out of their budget, but I know a guy in the military who once was on a joint operation between the military and the RCMP, according to him the RCMP have stealth submarines, so I guess they might have more of a budget then I originally thought.

Interesting...however I can't for the life of me think why the RCMP would have stealth submarines, or any submarines at all?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

i think if you look closely at that video,the car being chased went through a gap just to the left of the chainlink fence where the police car stops.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
But they always vanish from behind you, never form front view.
As for the cop video, well...it's nice to see they can't always win

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

i think if you look closely at that video,the car being chased went through a gap just to the left of the chainlink fence where the police car stops.....

Probably what really happened.
Even though you can't really see the gap in the video.
It's so low res that if you notice it even the fence is invisible up till the camera is really close.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by halfmask

Though an invisible car might be out of their budget, but I know a guy in the military who once was on a joint operation between the military and the RCMP, according to him the RCMP have stealth submarines, so I guess they might have more of a budget then I originally thought.

Interesting...however I can't for the life of me think why the RCMP would have stealth submarines, or any submarines at all?

Canada has most of the west, the north and the east as ocean coastline, the RCMP have to watch the boarders for illegals and drug runners, plenty of use for submarines to watch for boats and the like.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
How do you explain the police video with the car vanishing?

- It's night, so it's hard to see any surroundings until the headlights are on them
- The video is about 10 fps and very low bitrate
- The driver is desperately trying to evade the cop. Why would a high-ranking govt official with a car cloak (ROFL) need to evade low-level law enforcement?
- If he had a car cloak, why not just use it earlier, instead of driving through people's yards? (I guess Scotty was still hooking it up to the deflector shield.)

The car was driving at a high rate of speed. He repeatedly made reckless attempts to evade the cop and failed, then got lucky. Either he went around that fence, or he went through it and it was unsecured at the bottom and bent upward as the car passed under it. Either way, the cop car stops and you see the car's lights quickly fade, as you would expect with a car traveling at a high rate of speed while the camera stops.

The real question is -- why do some people have such a tendency to choose to believe a supernatural explanation for something, rather than a more basic one? Especially in situations like this where the supernatural explanation is both unwarranted and comical.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
WOW just arrived back from work, I feel so much better after reading this thread! Cars don't vanish with me, I am just not that sort of person! I wouldn't make it up and that's why I am so speechless and had to report it! Like I said, it has happened a few times but the other day just made me want to confirm I am not loosing the plot! Thanks everyone! I will swear, spit and stamp on the Bible that cars are vanishing and it's happened to me 3 times now! Dont be sceptical.. just take my word for it! The Mini did vanish - I just can't explain it!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The OP's mystery was solved on the 1st page 4 posts down. Unless she had a unicorn in the trunk of her car..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join