It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Handwriting Foils Bank Heist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I saw this a few minutes ago and had to share, I suppose on one hand its kind of funny, but on the other hand, it could have been serious, and no one got hurt. I guess it pays to have good penmanship or at the very least know how to print.
gma.yahoo.com...

After receiving the note, the teller could not decipher what Love had written, and handed it back to him, and asked that he rewrite it so that it could be re-read,” said a news release from the Delaware State Police. Love, either panicked or frustrated, took back his note and left the bank with no money. After he fled, the tellers conferred and determined that it had been a robbery attempt. They called the police and a description of the suspect was given to state troopers and New Castle county police. A police officer located Love and arrested him for attempted robbery. Love was unarmed and no one was injured during the incident.

The situation mirrors a comedic sequence in the Woody Allen movie “Take the Money and Run” where Allen’s character attempts to rob a bank but the teller cannot read his demand note and argues with Allen over the line, “I’m pointing a gun at you.” “That looks like ‘gub.’ It doesn’t look like ‘gun,’” the teller says. Eventually a group of tellers confer, bickering over Allen’s heist note. He is eventually arrested and taken to jail.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So this idiot attempts to rob a freaking bank and his bail gets set at $2,000. Meanwhile, an Amish guy trims someones beard and gets his bail set at $250,000!

new topics

join