It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain - Godfather's Pizza Savior? A Closer Look

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've been looking into this because honestly, while I have nothing against the man personally, something just doesn't jive with all this talk going around.

The Godfather's Pizza is data below, but first, I find it interesting that many main online sources reporting his time at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City denote the Deputy Chairman position from 1992 - 1994, and Chairman from 1995 - 1996. It is neglected, however, that he served from 1/1/89 - 12/31/91 as Chairman of the bank's Omaha branch, as Cain's Letter of Recommendation from the Federal Reserve Bank of KC's CEO clearly says...

So apparently he begins that position in '89 right after Pillsbury sells Godfather’s Pizza to Cain and management group in a leveraged buyout for $40 million in 1988, which according to sales figures the business was in decline at that time. Why would Pillsbury have sold the company if supposed "huge profits" and the said turnaround in business was on the rise?

Complete Godfather's Pizza Sales Figure From The Herman Cain Years...

Herman Cain bases his campaign for the presidency on his success as a manager and CEO of Godfather’s Pizza. Herman Cain claims to have brought Godfather’s Pizza from the edge of bankruptcy to profitability during his time there. He has never released any annual profit and loss statements to back this up. The company reached all time high profits in 1983, was still profitable in 1984, and only apparently was not profitable in 1985 due to a lawsuit. That lawsuit was settled before Cain became manager in 1986. It is a false statement that the company was on the edge of bankruptcy when he took over.

B.C. (Before Cain)

1983: $340 million(i)

1984: $365 million[ii] (900 stores)

1985: $325 million[iii] (720 stores) Pillsbury assigns Herman Cain to run Godfather’s Pizza in April 1986

1986: $275 million[iv] (640 stores)

1987: $260 million[v] (605 stores) (sales per store $414,000)[vi]

1988: $242.5 million[vii] (563 stores) Pillsbury sells Godfather’s Pizza to Cain and management group in a leveraged buyout for $40 million.

1989: $225 million[viii] (509 stores)

1990: $229 million[ix] (512 stores)

1991: $231 million[x] (525 stores)

1992: $242 million

1993: $249.5 million

1994: $244 million[xi] (514 stores) (sales per store 490,000)

1995: $260 million (525 stores)

1996: $265.5 million (540 stores) (sales per store $500,000) Cain becomes CEO of the National Restaurants Association in 1996, but was still on Godfather’s Management Board.

1997: $270.8 million[xii]

1998: $280 million

1999: $280 million

2000: $288 million[xiii]

2001: $280 million

2002: $287 million (560 stores) (sales per store 502,200)[xiv] Cain steps down from Godfather’s Management Board

2003: $304 million[xv]

2004: $313 million[xvi]

Granted, I realize there are many figures here. The article (linked again here...), however, is well sourced. Having said that I haven't time to verify numbers. Furthermore, the author does account for inflationary percentages for the respective time periods..

Please ask reporters to question Herman Cain about why he doesn’t release his earnings statements from his Godfather Pizza years. He is asking for our vote for president, but not being honest with us about how well he did managing Godfather’s Pizza.

Please don't think I'm just trying to trash the man's record, I just wanted to point some of these things out..

Your thoughts?
Good day...

edit on 11-10-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

edit on 11-10-2011 by rstregooski because: more beerz

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Why start the hate on Hermain Caine?

It sounds racially motivated

Some people do not like that he is fully black while Obama is not....

He would be the real first black president..

No he is not a political puppet, he has never held a political office
and the man believes he can help this country, he is a great businessman
that is why the establishment hate him!!!
Why are you using Pizza as the new blacks and fried chicken stereotype?
sickening to say the least

Stop with the RACISM.!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Stop with the RACISM.!!

I've been looking into this because honestly, while I have nothing against the man personally, something just doesn't jive with all this talk going around.

I hope you are kidding. Did you read this, or just see Cain and start throwing out race card(s)?

edit on 11-10-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Stop with the RACISM.!!

You pulled the Race Card, buddy.. I even put in the OP:

Please don't think I'm just trying to trash the man's record, I just wanted to point some of these things out..

Stop pulling BS out of thin air please.. A competent person should be able to question all things, and leave race out of it. You apparently can do neither.
edit on 11-10-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Stop with the RACISM.!!

Obvious troll is obvious.

You post the same exact thing in every Herman Cain thread...... If I knew how, I'd report you.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Are you kidding????

There was nothing racist in the OP that I could detect.

Dear OP
I didn't know about Cain's record with the Federal Reserve. That gives me both, cause for caution and a credit I wasn't giving him. I kind of have seen as an Al Sharpton kind of guy, preachy but no real credentials to be president. This info kinda changed things.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No offense OP, but who cares?? All this Herman Cain talk is absurd!

First off all, what does running a third rate pizza place and running a country have in common?

Answer: Nothing.

Herman Cain is not qualified to be President, plus he would be just another puppet. I can not believe American voters are falling for this nonsense. Seriously, do some of you ever learn?

I also have to ask, how many people here have actually eaten a Godfather's Pizza? The stuff was horrible, much like their desert plates. Pizza dough cooked with chocolate chips in it? Really? I have been to jails that served better foods!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Granted.. My point is that he's running on the history of turning GF's Pizza around, among also being a really successful businessman, where as there seems to be reason for question.

edit on 11-10-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Same old racist in these threads bashing Herman Cain.

These *Oh hermans cain makez a pizzaz haz cantz runz cowntry*

He ran Godfathers pizza better THEN any of the previous people.
That is fact...

These threads have Major TROLL Factor effect.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
First off all, what does running a third rate pizza place and running a country have in common?

You're right; running a multi-million dollar corporation with thousands of employees is nowhere near as good a preparation for being POTUS as being a community organizer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Same old racist in these threads bashing Herman Cain.

These *Oh hermans cain makez a pizzaz haz cantz runz cowntry*

He ran Godfathers pizza better THEN any of the previous people.
That is fact...

These threads have Major TROLL Factor effect.

You again seem to be the only one here talking about race. Light bulb?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

The entire article is based on the premise that the Chain’s sales and franchise numbers are the only relevant yardstick for measuring the success of the company, however, the only real yardstick for measuring the success of the company is in its balance sheet … i.e. how profitable was it. Many companies start off strong, over expand with no coherent plan (Krispy Kreme ring any bells), become bloated, inefficient and wind up going under. There are those companies, such as Godfather’s why bring in a new management who make difficult all be it necessary decisions to recognize the areas that are dragging the business down and rectify them. I mentioned Krispy Kreme as an example of a company that overextended and wound up hurting for it, but there are many others.

Did Herman Cain turn around GodFather's Pizza

An overextended enterprise headed for financial ruin ... sounds like an apt metaphor for the US ... turned around by a savy business man ...... and a heck of a campain slogan.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess a big question for me that I probably should have put in the OP, is why does he suddenly take on the Chair position at the Omaha branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, right after purchasing (with investors) the Godfather's pizza chain, in which he still remained CEO for some time?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I was just looking into this guy last night. Other than the fact that he pulled the christian card while saying muslims should keep their opinions inside the mosques which annoyed me to no end. He has this ridiculous 999 plan which would hurt the average tax payer and give less burden to the rich. Also he worked for the reserve and is in bed with the koch brothers. NO THANKS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
His 999 plan would destroy the USA

He was a federal reserve district head

He defends the Federal reserve

He thinks being gay is a choice
edit on 10/11/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Good post, and thanks for the article. Are profit numbers typically unavailable for this type of thing though? Just curious. It seems that's what the author of the linked article in the OP was after..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Great clip, didn't see that broadcast. I was lesser aware of the Pillsbury Dynasty..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Depends if the company is public or private ... all you could really determing is the units financial shape when it was sold because Pillsbury was a public company.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650

Originally posted by MrWendal

You're right; running a multi-million dollar corporation with thousands of employees is nowhere near as good a preparation for being POTUS as being a community organizer.

That's cute. What you did here is known as putting words in people's mouths. Can you show me where I said being a community organizer qualified a person to be President?

Of course you can't, because I have not said that. Fact is, being a community organizer also does not qualify a person for President and proof of that can be seen in the current Administration. I also hate to tell you, Godfather's Pizza may have been worth millions of dollars on paper, it was not worth that in the real world. In the real world it was a cheaper version of Pizza Hut and the food was a cheaper version of Pizza Hut. Did Godfathers have thousands of employees? Yes it did, minimum wage employees at that. So how does that qualify Cain to be President? Are "We the People" supposed to be employees to the Federal Government?

The facts as I see them are pretty simple. Herman Cain knows how to make a profit and that does not qualify him to be President if you expect your President to lead and work for the People. If you love your puppet Presidents who only care about special interest and dont give a rat's a** about you, your neighbor or your family, than Herman Cain is your man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join