It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Alternative Medicine (probably) Killed Steve Jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Aloysius the Gaul, how are you?

At any rate, thanks for posting this.

I would like to begin by saying science is evil. They are wrong always and are shills for government and Big Pharma. Every scientific discovery in modern medicine, and indeed every branch of science, are only lies to make Big Pharma rich and kill Christians. This is proven.

No matter what you say or evidence you bring to the table- I will not change my mind.

edit on 20-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And your evidence for this is??

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Western Medicine treatments for pancreatic cancer extend life 12-18 months. Jobs lived 7 years. He did pretty good! According to the Mercola article, it's the liver transplant and subsequent anti-rejection drugs that took his life. I know too many people who cured their cancer without any western medicine to take this propaganda seriously.

Erm with a modern medical approach his prognosis would have been much better. Like a 78% survival rate. Don't know where you get your info.

In fact, modern western medicine CAUSES cancer!

Source?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I do not need evidence for this, but i will oblige.

www.landoverbaptist.net...

This thread PROVES science is flawed.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica
....aaaAAAAnnnNNNDD the Opposing View
www.naturalnews.com...

What do you expect them to say, after all, they killed Steve Jobs.

As both an RN and a kidney disease patient I'm the first person to say that modern medicine is broken, but homeopathy only goes so far.

If you see me laying on the side of the road with my femur sticking out of a giant wound, don't call an aromatherapist, I want a level 1 trauma center.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

As both an RN and a kidney disease patient I'm the first person to say that modern medicine is broken,

Okay, i cant let this slide. How is modern medicine 'broken'?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

As both an RN and a kidney disease patient I'm the first person to say that modern medicine is broken,

Okay, i cant let this slide. How is modern medicine 'broken'?

That could be a whole new thread, or forum even.

Let's just say we now have a treatment based system instead of an outcome based system.

We spend pennies on preventative care, and billions on palative care.

Corporations have taken over the business of healthcare, and they are squeezing every cent they can out of it. The best way to do that is to increase the number of patients a Dr see's each day, while cutting out support staff who make it possible to see that volume of pt's without screwing up.

Look up a doctor named William Bill McGuire, made 1.6 billion dollars as CEO of United HealthCare.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Look up a doctor named William Bill McGuire, made 1.6 billion dollars as CEO of United HealthCare.

I am sorry, but asserting this along with the rest of your paragraph in no way explains why it is broken.

Let's just say we now have a treatment based system instead of an outcome based system.

Duh, you cant cure something without treating it first.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

rofl......priceless - thanks!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I am sorry, but asserting this along with the rest of your paragraph in no way explains why it is broken.

Duh, you cant cure something without treating it first.

I can see you aren't in healthcare.

Treatment and cure are two very different things.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Not really, both are 'treating' an ailment.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
My father had the whipple procedure after he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. He passed away about a year after the surgury. The disease is still considered incurable with only a 20% survival rate after the first year and only 4% after four years. I think that regardless of whether or not alternative or conventional treatments were followed, the outcome would have been the same.

RIP Steve...

Alternative medecine didn't kill Steve Jobs.... cancer did....
edit on 21-10-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Not really, both are 'treating' an ailment.

Again, your ignorance is showing.

Learn a little about healthcare before you opine, you won't look so bad.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

chemotherapy causes cancer. That is a known fact!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

exactly, I find it doublefacepalming that people say "oh, just get a whipple, no problem, steve", as if it's like putting a bandaid on a knee scrape, and he can go back on his way. a whipple is incredibly invasive procedure that people will have to endure--ENDURE--with through the rest of their life.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gameoverforyou

As crass as the speed with which this thread sprung up might be, I feel I have to say something here. Gameoverforyou, its true what you say. The whipple is a very invasive procedure, with healing times and side effects that are not at all plesant. No one is suggesting its a cake walk.

However, one has a choice where cancer is concerned. You either have the best recommended treatment, and suffer a bit for the rest of your life, or there IS no rest of your life. My best friends mother is currently undergoing radiotheraputic treatment for colon cancer. Having been in the business of healthcare her whole life, she didnt mess about when her diagnosis came in, and has merely accepted that along with the risks, there are potential rewards.

Shes looking at the difference between dying in a year or two at most, or living out a life that may see her son become a father one day, and herself become a grandmother. That is what modern medicine gives humanity. It offers real hope where none previously existed. Anything that stands before that oppertunity, with an illness like cancer, is tantamount to a murderous trap in this scenario.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Until you walk in the mans shoes you guys have no right makeing assumptions ..... I have inoperable pancreatitis cancer and I know exactly what he felt like after receiving the news and the feeling you have when you talk to today's Doctors with the options available.....

I have less than 6 months because of when they caught mine, Modern medicine is lacking any options other than those everyone has heard of like chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

Naturally I started to look at other out of mainstream ideas to treat this.

Ya\ll need to move on to another thing to guess at because this is a topic most if not all aren't prepared to comment on.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i have no idea what treatment steve jobs took so cant comment on his situation.

But there's a lady in my work who was diagnosed with hodgkins disease (cancer). She's from the UK and the doctors said we'll get you in for chemo right away but she refused.

She chose instead to go to America and do alternative therapy. After that it seemed to be going away or so they told her after a while it came back with a vengeance even more aggressive this time . She was still not going to do chemo until her friends & family persuaded her to.The doctors said basically that they can try chemo but her chances are less than if she did it first time around.

So she got the intravenous chemo and now she's been given the all clear and is back at work. personally i think anyone who did what she did is crazy. I'd take the latest science & medical procedures over any alternative stuff every day of the week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join