It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Alternative Medicine (probably) Killed Steve Jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The article you referred to mentions a 'Yogi', and is the reason I mentioned Ayurved.

The most important alternative medicine systems are homeopathy and ayurved. China has its own system of medicine based on herbs and animal products.

Food supplements and tonics are not medicines. My point is Jobs might be misled by somebody into taking wrong treatment. But it cannot be the reason of criticizing alternative medicine.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

That is your definition of alternate medicine.

Mine is that anything that says it promotes health or healing, and is not "mainstream medicine" is accurately defined as "alternative medicine". I think the writer of the article shares my opinion on this - perhaps you should take it up with him.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have read every ones opinion on alternative meds vs. traditional western medicine. For my entire life I suffered from physical problems. I have had a handful of surgeries, accidents, broken bones, etc. My last spine surgery was in 2000 and I have been on prescription meds for almost the entire time. The prescription drugs are poison and anyone who supports their destruction has either never taken them or they have some other agenda. Human bodies do not heal when poison is applied. The best way to stay healthy is by diet, and exercise. I was almost dead one year ago after my life was torn apart by smiley glad-hands in white coats who are serving no one but themselves and their masters. Traditional Medicine in the US is for profit only.

Last year in November, I decided I was tired of taking pills while feeling weaker by the day. Doctors told me I had no alternatives and my pain would continue my entire life. They love to scare people who look up to them. I started researching natural herbs and plants to replace the poison. After eleven months I feel better than I have in ten years. The natural products removed the poison that was causing the energy depletion. My doctor was not happy and said we don’t know everything. I thought to myself, that is BS. Someone who goes to medical school doesn’t know what the body is made of or what will keep it healthy. Natural products will keep the body from getting sick if the right foods are ingested. I am now involved in energy healing as well. I have also noticed how the Sun will boost our energies just like it does all other natural life. We have been told the sun causes Cancer when the only thing that causes cancer is the poison we apply to our skin created by the same labs that produce the other toxic products. Any chemical we put on our skin goes directly to the bloodstream.The truth will come out no matter what type propaganda the pawns tell us.

Doctors are good at some things but prescribing poison is not one of them. They can rebuild people like humpty dumpty but they will never be able to heal the body by supplying poison.

Peace to all.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Replacing one poison with another

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

How is nature poison?

Why did natural products heal the problems the doctors had no clue about?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by aivlas

How is nature poison?
Ever hear of the poison dart frog?

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

It's completely natural. And deadly.

The point being that saying something is all natural is meaningless. Some natural substances are highly toxic. You really need to look at each substance on a case by case basis, and especially dosage or exposure levels.

Chlorine is highly toxic, but a little in our drinking water keeps us from dying. Nobody dies from a little chlorine in tap water, but thousands have died from NOT having it. It's completely artificial but way safer than the "all natural" poison dart frog. There are poisonous plants and fungi too.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I don't understand the question "how is nature poison"

edit on 12-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

True some things in nature kills but food grown from the ground and used for thousands of years is not poison unless one is allergic to it. Prescription meds cause many side effects so I don't understand why anyone would push them. They are made to weaken the body not heal it. Try them if you don't believe me. I have lived in the Prescription hell for most of my life. I was brainwashed by drug dealers in lab coats. They will find a special place in hell for the hell they caused on earth. If they are doctors they should know that man made poison does not work. There are many natural products that work far better than their wicked concoctions. I know what worked for me. Everyone around me notices the improvements I have made over the past year. Many of them are also dropping the poison that is bankrupting the people who take them. Everyone must make their own path in life.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Is already been stated that Cancer killed Steve Jobs, like another poster said, he lived longer than most people with the same disease, the life span after been diagnosed is 5 years, the site you posted in the link is an opinion blog, I will like to see if the blog from where you posted the link tells what kind of alternative treatments Steve Jobs had before he died, that will help debate if he indeed may have died from alternative treatment or not.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually if you want to be precise he died of heart failure. That was caused by cancer, which was allowed to progress without conventional treatment for 9 months at a critical stage, when conventional treatment would likely have cured him.

IMO having lived longer than others with the same cancer is not reason to allow it to kill you anyway.

If you want to know more details on his alternative treatements a fairly simple google search gives plenty of opportunity to research the subject in more depth.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

For me alternative medicine is anything that does not have verifable evidence (ie the scientific method) showing its effectiveness.

That is something different from just having "studdies" that show effectiveness - one of hte main planks of the scientific method is repeatability - the ability to get the same results, if starting with the same conditions, anywhere, regardless of who is doing the experiment.

Yes, but WHOS scientific method? It's been proven time and again that scientific reports and data on effects of medicines have been fabricated to show a favorable outcome. The data the FDA requires of Big Pharma only has to pass a better than placebo effect to be put on the market.

I am a living example. I am an electronic cigarette user. The e-cig has saved my life as a treatment for the addiction of smoking deadly tobacco which was killing me. You might say e-cigs are an alternative medicine to the approved Big Pharma products like Chantix, nicotine patches, nicotine gum nicotine inhalers etc. The FDA tested e-cigs and issued a press statement saying they contained antifreeze, and other harmful things. This press release was a doctored version of the actual report for public consumption. When you study the full report you find the ingredient in antifreeze they spoke of, di-etheylene glycol was only found in one of the 18 samples they tested and it was only found in concentrations of less that .1 percent. regular cigarettes have easily 10 times this much and this amount is also known as a trace amount not to cause any harm.

E-cigs effectiveness has also been tested world wide to have a much greater success rate than all of the above nicotine replacement therapies to help people quit smoking tobacco. Big Pharma's Chantix has even killed people and caused people to kill, something proven in a court of law with side effects that were suppressed from the official FDA reports on Chantix. .. yet, it's still on the market because it preformed better than placebo. All of the above has been proven by your scientific method.

Since it's introduction in 2004 not one person has died or become seriously ill from using an e-cig - but does the FDA and Big Pharma welcome it? No. it cuts into profits and undermines their product base. So they fight against it when overwhelming evidence is on the side of the e-cig. Like many other alternative medicines the e-cig snuck into the mainstream in a way in which the FDA or Big Pharma could not control or profit from it.

Do we e-cig users want testing and to know the product is safe? Absolutely There are many studies that show they are safe.

This was just an example of how alternative medicines are treated and why. Not all of them are bad and consumers deserve to know if something is going to harm them or not. E-cigs have been studied by independent labs using scientific method for years now. They have to be, they are not a pharmaceutical product. The law say that if any thing is to be tested for a drug, the pharmaceutical company has to pay for the testing. Knowing how Big Pharma and the FDA twist the reports to their favor for money power and greed, how can you trust them to know what is right?

It is a proven fact over 100 thousand people are killed by their doctors every year in hospitals because they are poisoned as a direct result of something the doctor gave them or treatment tried.

So I ask again, Who should do the testing? Why should I believe knowing these things anything a doctor tells me about the use of their drugs?

Steve did the best he could with his body. He may have opted not to do the harsh medical treatments believing that he may have less time but more quality of life. If that's the case, that's a big plus for him.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

The problem is medicine system like Ayurved is not allowed in USA. So you have no real choice.

Food is always important. But medicine is needed as well. Medicine is like a catalyst that quickens the healing.

I can guarantee to detox and heal most problems by Ayurved. But this treatment is only available in India, as we have registered Ayurved practitioners.

Allopathy does well due to power of advertising. You count the number of medical reps that visit a doctor, each one trying to outdo the other in offering gifts and commissions. There is nobody offering incentives for Ayurved medicines.

As I said earlier, one problem is shortage of herbs, which makes some medicines in short supply, or expensive. Chemicals can be produced in a factory, but natural products cannot.

But Ayurved medicines do not cause side effects, so a person not only gets better but feels better too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

Peace to you

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Western Medicine treatments for pancreatic cancer extend life 12-18 months. Jobs lived 7 years. He did pretty good! According to the Mercola article, it's the liver transplant and subsequent anti-rejection drugs that took his life. I know too many people who cured their cancer without any western medicine to take this propaganda seriously.

In fact, modern western medicine CAUSES cancer!

edit on 14/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
EVERYONE Dies - thats life. As to blaming alternative medicine what a load of bovine fecal matter.
Am a physician trained in both western medicine and tcm (traditional chinese medicine) there are many alternative medicine treatments which are far more effective than western medicine and its pill pushing for big pharma.

But have a suspicion that would be wasting my time in explaining as obviously your a good citizen who believes everything the state and corporations tell you... Maybe if you lick their boots enough your masters will decide your worthy of existing in their utopia..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It seems a medical researcher at Harvard named Ramzi Amri agrees.

A Harvard cancer expert believes Apple co-founder Steve Jobs doomed himself with alternative medicine.

According to Harvard Medical School researcher and faculty member Ramzi Amri, Steve Jobs was diagnosed with a rare - but not usually fatal - form of pancreatic cancer in 2003. However, he allegedly delayed surgery to remove the tumor for nine months and attempted to treat himself with alternative medicine instead of the conventional treatment.

Source
edit on 14-10-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have a relative with Pancreatic Cancer. The fact that Jobs lived as long as he did is amazing. The reason for a new Liver is because Chemo destroys it. Surgery is usually a last option because of the dangers of causing it to spread. So if you go down the train Main Stream Medicine told him to do Chemo...which killed his Liver which caused heart failure.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

Removing organs from body is illogical. Each organ is there for a purpose.

The correct logic is to treat the disease by increasing body's defensive mechanism. Human body has a natural mechanism to expel diseased cells through urine.

Ayurved believes in promoting the growth of healthy cells, whileas expelling diseased cells from body through use of herbal medicine. You may be surprised to know, but it is true that cancer cells can be expelled from body, and a diseased organ can regain its health, just by taking medicine.

Ayurved requires control of diet and lifestyle, as there is circulation of energy in the body that promotes wellness. The science of 'asan' and 'pranayam' is to increase the energy that flows through the body.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
alternative medicine is a bunch of crap

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

Why do you say so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join