It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Alternative Medicine (probably) Killed Steve Jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

How Alternative Medicine (probably) Killed Steve Jobs

depletedcranium.com

Steve Jobs’ doctors recommended an immediate Pancreaticoduodenectomy, also known as a “Whipple Procedure”. The procedure would have removed a large portion of the pancreas, including the entire tumor along with some of the other structures around the pancreas, such as the duodenum and possibly part of the stomach. Overall, for a person in Steve Job’s stage of the disease in 2003, the prognosis for completely overcoming cancer is excellent for the procedure.

The procedure is fairly drastic, and while most who undergo it successfully are able to lead relatively normal lives, it can in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
IMO "alternative medicine" is one of the biggest and most dangerous conspiracies on the planet - lots of people might thing "big pharma" is too - but at least "big pahrma" has to do testing, has some regulatory oversight, can be criticised on scientific grounds and forced to change, and can be sued from here to kingdom come.

when was the last time anyone was able to take a class action against alternative quacks??

depletedcranium.com

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Cancer killed Steve Jobs.
Doctors told him he wouldn't even live as long as he did.
So, that's a fairly absurd claim to make that alternative medicine killed him.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They call it "Practicing Medicine" for a reason.

Mainstream medicine is a business. Businesses advertise to gain customers. Advertisements sometimes target and attack competitors. Alt-medicine is a competitor to Mainstream Medicine.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

IMO "alternative medicine" is one of the biggest and most dangerous conspiracies on the planet - lots of people might thing "big pharma" is too - but at least "big pahrma" has to do testing, has some regulatory oversight, can be criticised on scientific grounds and forced to change, and can be sued from here to kingdom come.

when was the last time anyone was able to take a class action against alternative quacks??

depletedcranium.com

Really?!?!?! I don't even think I can counter point such a statement. To presume big pharm just wants us to feel better and live healthy lives is just mind numbingly absurd. I just don't know where I would start without sounding so derogatory.

Pray your loved ones never develop a disease or dependance on big pharm. Sick people are what makes their business good and from what I see (working at one of the largest hospitals in the midwest) business is good!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
....aaaAAAAnnnNNNDD the Opposing View
www.naturalnews.com...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Alternative Medicine didn't kill Steve Jobs. Neither did Chemotherapy and radiotherapy... Cancer killed Steve Jobs.

Whatever his choices were - it was HIS body and he was the only person fit to make decisions about it.

I think it's ill-conceived to use his death to make alternative medicine look bad.
edit on 10/11/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It seems that you have no experience with alternative medicine. MMS gets rid of cancer infested cells and way too many more acid cells, fungus, bacteria in the body. Just because the pharma industry is doing the testing doesn't mean that helps people.

You need to learn more about this subject, instead of just spreading info that you haven't researched.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Whether it killed him or not i can say this - It definitely didn't help.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The fact that the CEO of one of the largest and the most financially well off companies was skeptical of modern medical practices says volumes about how dangerous modern medicine can be. The man risked using an alternative treatment in the hopes of having a better results than what he was obviously afraid of in surgery and chemotherapy treatments.
In the end the cancer was obviously too aggressive for either treatment because he is now dead. To attribute this to alternative medicine, is the same as attributing it to the surgeon that removed the cancer. Neither were responsible, because with cancer unfortunately it is always a gamble.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The belief in homeopathic remedies for serious conditions is no more utterly perverse than the belief that blood transfusions will send you to hell. Neither are valid, regardless of the fact that one can be explained by a religious belief.

That said, the death of Steve Jobs should be left alone for a month or so before people start using his death as an example to support thier scientific thinking, factualy correct or not. While agreeing with the medical statements of the author of the artice on Depleted Cranium, I cannot accept that this was the time to release the article.

I would say this no matter which public, or indeed private figure was deceased. Respect the dead, they are often better behaved than the living.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
He had serious cancer which was treated about 6 years ago and he didn't had his own liver in the last years of his life. After his liver transplantation and cancer treatment it was pretty clear that he couldn't live much longer.

Traditional medicine couldn't help him more, so he chose something less certified. Anything wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Allopathic medicine has killed more people than alternative treatments have ever thought about harming.

This is an absolute fact: "ANY TREATMENT, NO MATTER HOW EFFECTIVE, WILL BE ACTIVELY SUPPRESSED BY THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY IF THEY CANNOT PROFIT FROM IT"

That was a statement made to me by the ultimate "big Pharma" insider. He was good laboratory practices czar for Bristol Meyers Squibb, and ultimately owned his own drug testing laboratory with a staff of over 50 people and did both long and short term drug testing for every major pharmaceutical company.

He was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma, and when told he had six months to live and his oncologist wanted to put him on chemotherapy and the chemotherapy drug of choice, he responded: "I tested that stuff on animals and saw what it did to them, if you think you are going to use it on me you are crazy". He left the country, got alternative treatment and lived 15 more years. The alternative treatment by the way cured his lymphoma.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
The fact that the CEO of one of the largest and the most financially well off companies was skeptical of modern medical practices says volumes about how dangerous modern medicine can be.

Steve Jobs was skeptical of modern medicine long before Apple became successful. He was for a time a fruitarian (hence "Apple") and his views were formed during his college years. So it doesn't "say volumes" at all.

If Jobs had insisted on naturopathic or other alternative medicine during his initial illness, he'd have died years ago. The type of pancreatic cancer he had was not the normal kind, which kills you within a few months. The only reason his doctors found out it was a less virulent form was by doing an invasive biopsy. Jobs also consented to a liver transplant. Both these procedures are hardly 'alternative' and probably allowed him to live several more years than he would have without treatment.

Neither alternative medicine nor modern medicine killed Steve Jobs. Modern medical procedures allowed him to live a few more years, but cancer killed him, not medicine.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by occy30
To presume big pharm just wants us to feel better and live healthy lives is just mind numbingly absurd. I just don't know where I would start without sounding so derogatory.

Just as well I didn't say uit then isn't it!

Of course big medicine is out to make money - jsut as "alternative practicioners" are - with about as many exceptions to that general rule on each side. And notice that teh alternative practitioners are also practitioners - are practicing - for those into semantic pedantry.

the FACTS are that medicine - REAL meadicine - still has to be tested, has regulatory oversight, can be sued from here to kingdom come - and "alternative practitioners" do not.

as for cancer killing steve J - did you bother to actually read the article about WHY it was ALLOWED to kill him??

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

To me it says volumes. The man could have afforded the best of the best in modern medicine, but went first the alternative route. That is just a modest passing nod to you?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Allopathic medicine has killed more people than alternative treatments have ever thought about harming.

This is an absolute fact: "ANY TREATMENT, NO MATTER HOW EFFECTIVE, WILL BE ACTIVELY SUPPRESSED BY THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY IF THEY CANNOT PROFIT FROM IT"

Well the treatment for SJ's cancer wasn't suppressed - and would have had a high chance of saving him.

Instead he followed alternative path and died of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The guy had pancreatic cancer . The survival rate is less than 5% . Job was a genius with untold wealth at his disposal . Remember that before you sprout off about alternative medicines .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There all out to make money, alternative medicine is a business
just as Big Pharma, the difference is alternative medicine is
no where near as big as Big pharma medicine..

When YOU get sick one day, or need to control your blood pressure,
or when you need something for your cholesterol
or get diabetes or ANY illness you WILL be thanking
BIG pharma.

Steve Jobs did everything he could.
He spent MILLIONS.

edit on 11-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's an article that talks about many of the treatments Steve Jobs took. Along with some options that may have saved his life? I think we can all agree cancer sucks..

Steve Jobs treatment options

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join