It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the 1%?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

check Dagong credit rating agency's valuation of real GDP of USA =5 trillion$ .
articles.businessinsider.com...
www.dagongcredit.com...

My calculation at KPMG was 6.7 to 7.2 trillion real GDP.Current GDP is heavily overstated due to hidden inflation aspect for which BLS is manipulating Data by hedonics,substitution and geometric weighting.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Nice work, you're obviously following this figure. I feel that if it is as it is projected then it should be able to be proven, categorically.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

to prove it you can consider real and BLS inflation statistics.Check Shadowstats.com.The main cornerstone in this GDP nonsense is the way BLS calculates inflation.

www.creditwritedowns.com...

Check Rosenberg's work on US GDP. Its over inflated by finance sector activities

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by The Old American
What gives you that idea? Because I'm tired of paying for some other irresponsible, pathetic, whiny person's debt somehow means I'm OK with bailing out Wall Street? Or is it only "you're with us, or you're against us" with you people?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It seems to me that the movement is about making corporations and the rich pay their fair share back into the system, and holding them accountable for their actions. Its not about providing more social service benefits to the poor, but rather who is providing how much help toward the social services that are already provided. The elite, who were the ones who cut peoples pensions and benefits, want the middle class to solely support the weight of all the social services that are provided, when often, they are in fact the ones responsible for placing that burden on society to begin with.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I guess you haven't seen the videos with interviews of several of the OWS participants that are there picketing because they are in debt, or out of a job, and for some reason they seem to believe that someone else has something to do with that. People all over the internet post pictures of themselves with placards giving their story of how they're upside down on a mortgage and have had no job for the last bajillion years. They also seem to believe that someone owes them something because of it. This movement is about person A wanting person B's stuff because person A feels they are entitled to it.

And you, and I, and everyone else that has a job will pay for their perceived entitlement to happiness. It doesn't matter that people like me are teetering on the fence of being able to afford it. The government will make us pay anyway because to progressives, the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
What's 1% of 330 Million?
3 million 3 hundred thousand.

But that doesn't represent the total productive people in the country as not all 330 million people in this country work. As a matter of fact it's only about 53% of 330 million who work in some capacity or another. So what is that number? 174 million 900 thousand.

What's one percent of that(mind you, we're talking about wage earners. This includes small business owners and the richest among us as well). 1 million 700 thousand or so.

Now, the top ten percent is anyone who earns more than 100,000 dollars. So what do you have to earn in order to be in the one percent? Well, you have to START at 310,000 dollars.

That is a small business. That's not enough to get an independent coffee shop started in Reno, NV. Don't like my numbers? How about fact check.org

FactCheck.Org

The top 1 percent in 2005 were those households with income of at least $307,500, and they got 18.1 percent of all "comprehensive" income, which includes all cash income plus the cash value of such benefits as Medicare and food stamps.

Now that was 6 years ago. With inflation rates of 2 and 3% per year you're still only looking at about 320,000 dollars per year. That is STILL not enough to open a small coffeeshop store front in Reno, NV.

So who are the 1%? People who have retirement accounts of more than 300 thousand dollars. People who own small businesses who do most of the hiring in this country.

Yeah. Screw the one percent. Those people are evil.

edit on 11-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I've been telling friends that these people are bolsheviks. These idiots in the street? They will likely be put against the wall as soon as their masters are done with them.

These people are communists. Plain and simple.

I saw a video of them protesting a private home.

that wouldnt fly here in Texas.

Kind of a catch 22 with these idiots.

1. The cops put rubber bullets and gas in the asses.

While very pleasing, its what they want. This would advance the protests to a higher level and lead would be necessary.

yeah, yeah. Its their right. They are using the constitution to beat us with.

2. If they arent put against the wall, the country soon will be.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

What gives you that idea? Because I'm tired of paying for some other irresponsible, pathetic, whiny person's debt somehow means I'm OK with bailing out Wall Street? Or is it only "you're with us, or you're against us" with you people?

It seems to me that the movement is about making corporations and the rich pay their fair share back into the system, and holding them accountable for their actions. Its not about providing more social service benefits to the poor, but rather who is providing how much help toward the social services that are already provided. The elite, who were the ones who cut peoples pensions and benefits, want the middle class to solely support the weight of all the social services that are provided, when often, they are in fact the ones responsible for placing that burden on society to begin with.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yeah. Right.

Rich paying "their share".

Kinda like obama considering anyone making 250k or above rich?

Horse crap.

The primary goal of ALL of this is the destruction of our country...PERIOD.

Wake up and see the bolsheviks for what they are.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I guess you haven't seen the videos with interviews of several of the OWS participants that are there picketing because they are in debt, or out of a job, and for some reason they seem to believe that someone else has something to do with that. People all over the internet post pictures of themselves with placards giving their story of how they're upside down on a mortgage and have had no job for the last bajillion years. They also seem to believe that someone owes them something because of it. This movement is about person A wanting person B's stuff because person A feels they are entitled to it.

And you, and I, and everyone else that has a job will pay for their perceived entitlement to happiness. It doesn't matter that people like me are teetering on the fence of being able to afford it. The government will make us pay anyway because to progressives, the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

/TOA

Amen.

Greed at the top and greed at the bottom combined to make all this crap.

If you make 60k a year, you CANT afford a 200k house....PERIOD!

I cant count how many idiots call Dave Ramsey (terrible rich guy he is
) and whine because they bought a 500 dollar a month car and have a 1400 mortgage WHILE MAKING 60-70K A YEAR!!!

Your right.

WE are not responsible for the stupidity of these people.

Remember though, part of this is contrived. I remember hearing a bit about these idiots using their mortgages as ANOTHER tool to tear down the system. I think it was Steven Lerner. Treasonous Bas....dirtbag.

He said it would take about a year....

Well, that was just about a year or a little better ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I guess you haven't seen the videos with interviews of several of the OWS participants that are there picketing because they are in debt, or out of a job, and for some reason they seem to believe that someone else has something to do with that.

In many cases they are correct. In the last 10 years there was a lot of fraud going on by he rich, to further line their pockets, and they cheated many folks deeply into debt. Much of the fraudulent practices of the mortgage and credit card companies comes to mind. Now are these folks you're complaining about specifically asking for someone to pay their debt, or are they asking that those who got rich off cheating them are brought to justice. There is a big difference between those two expected outcomes.

People also have a right to be upset about being out of work, as these corporations didn't simply lay off folks because they were in dire financial straights, but rather to increase profit by using fear of unemployment in a bad job market, to motivate their remaining staffs to cover ridiculous workloads, and increase their personal profits. These same companies cut benefits, reduced salaries, increased work loads, froze cost of living increases and new hiring, then posted record profits and handed out huge bonuses to their slave drivers. You bet they are responsible for the condition of the job market, because they intentionally caused it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The 1% dont use money,
money is for the slaves.

They usurped all resources and power from everyone!

Just for themselves!

reply to post by projectvxn

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just wanted to reply to the general argument on 'who the 1% is', because when this is all said and done with, that '1%' won't be the same '1%' that gets targeted.

If OWS is against the big bankers, it's going to be the small business that gets taxed anyways since the bankers don't even pay taxes. Just like a lot of the wars, watch them fund the protesters and the police force. They're playing both sides because no matter what one side has to win.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

More like wake up and see the new monarchy for who they are...
Work hard your entire life for your feudal masters, getting deeper in debt to company store every day, so you can end up living in the gutter after you outlive your usefulness to them...

If you for one second honestly believe that right now you live in a Capitalistic Democratic Republic, I've got news for you... Our government is bought and paid for by special interest groups, they are now the ones making all the laws to better line their own pockets. You get to vote on a new set of scapegoats every now and again, from their hand picked litter of approved candidates, just to give you enough hope that something might change this time around. Nothing will change though, because anyone who has enough integrity to change it, they make sure they railroad them out of the race through their control of the media.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
No more Bull#.

They gonna get them some turd burglers in the form of a boot from OWS.

Yah he must be right, david Rockefeller can't open a coffee shop, lol
edit on 12-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The problem with the OWS folks, is they want more regulation, when what we need is less regulation! We need to stop making more and more restrictions on the little guys and giving the big guys a free pass. If we had a truly free market and stopped favoring the large corps, then the wealth would automatically redistribute on its own.
reply to post by getreadyalready

This is one of the most intelligent statements I have read or heard about redistribution of wealth. I have been in many discussions recently stating just this. If we loosen regulations on the "little" guy and make the mega's (like GE) pay taxes period, then money would filter throughout the system and redistribute naturally. ALLOW supply and demand to run the show and kick the government OUT of private business. (Except for minor regulations that protect workers etc; But, limit Union power) Inflation is a joke as well, why should something cost more every year? The only reason I see is demand for it causing it to rise. "Natural" inflation is another way our money is siphoned off.

I could go on. But, enough for now I have to get ready for work.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

you think that the top 25 most wealthy people on this planet would gross 25 trillion dollars?
LOL.

I don't just think it, I quoted the source for it.
edit on 12-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Whoops that was another thread where I quoted the source. (The other source said the top 25 had a combined $14.3 T.) Here is another source and the numbers are a little lower, but the point is still illustrated.

This is Forbes' 25th year of tracking global wealth and it was one to remember. The 2011 Billionaires List breaks two records: total number of listees (1,210) and combined wealth ($4.5 trillion).

Forbes

4,500,000,000,000 that is 4,500,000 x 1,000,000. So look at it however you want, 4.5 million millionairres or 1 million people with 4.5 million dollars. But, who really needs to be a millionairre? Imagine what an extra $50,000 would do to your life at the moment. How would it impact all the working families in the nation to get $50k in debt forgiven? So $4.5 Trillion divided by $50k equals 90,000,000 families that could be impacted.

Or to think of it in more doable and realistic terms. We don't even have to redistribute the wealth of the richest people. How about just giving us our own tax money back. Obama spent $1.5 trillion on bailouts last year and added another $400 billion this year. $1.9 Trillion dollars spread among the US populace could go a very very long way.

Here is a thread with a dozen or so suggestions on spending $2 Trillion dollars that would impact each and every one of us dramatically!
edit on 12-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
To my knowledge i thought the 1% was the elite. the ones pulling all the strings up high. higher than the kings, queens and presidents.

We the 99% are the common man or women spreading from upper class to lower class. (these classes have been made by the elitists)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well said GetReadyAlready.

We are still stuck in an old Europe Feudal system, put forth by the old English royalty and Vatican, enough already!!! Its been 2000 years of BS. We are ready to evolve beyond fear and greed. Throwing out these old bastards, this is the last war, right here, right now.
Lock n Load

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeNameKriltos

And yes, the power behind the throne, the goldsmiths of old. ie. Rothschilds & company whose family is worth 300 trillion.
Dude really?
projectcamelot.org
They are reptilians from another planet, its time for them to go find another planet and leave this one alone.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
flawed logic is flawed, are you that stupid, 1% is just a figurative number, the real could as well be 0,1% as far we know, a couple thousand of magnates and billionaires, they exist.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Yeah. Right.

Rich paying "their share".

Kinda like obama considering anyone making 250k or above rich?

Horse crap.

The primary goal of ALL of this is the destruction of our country...PERIOD.

\

FEAR FEAR FEAR

I see FOX and Friends never fail to sell their customers doom and terror

One decades its them damned terrorists

Now the danger is the American protesting the Elite overlords

EEK BULLsheviks!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it's not 1 percent its more like 50 people or so ... heheheh

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join