It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Tea Partiers feel about being marginalized by the OWS movement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
According to the latest polls the Tea Party movement has a 28% approval rating, even Barack Obama's approval rating is higher than this political movement.

How does it feel? To put your faith and beliefs behind a political movement only to see evidence that main stream America doesn't support you or your movement?

Tell me who is gaining momentum and popular support?

How does it feel to peak during a mid term election, then crash and burn before the next Presidential election?
edit on 11-10-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
How does it feel to peak during a mid term election, then crash and burn before the next Presidential election?

Easy. The rubes who voted for them finally got to see they were sold a bill of goods by a bunch of in-experienced nobodies.

It's buyer's remorse, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Poll numbers only matter to people who don't have values or principles.

It is very telling how much of a difference has been made simply by looking at the attacks. If the Tea Party was so small in the scheme of things, so unpopular, then no-one would care.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

...unless it's the latest Republican straw poll.... right?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OWS didn't marginalize them, they did that to themselves when they let Fox News and Sarah Palin hijack their movement. What went from a general dissatisfaction was spoonfed into the Republican Party.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't think it marginalizes the Tea Party whatsoever. I think it validates both movements. The fact is, nobody is satisfied with the status quo, and everybody realizes change is necessary and inevitable.

I am a Tea Partier, and I fully support the OWS folks. I don't agree with everything they stand for, but I am excited about their momentum.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Values and principles are usually preached by those who have no experience.

It is very telling how much of a difference has been made simply by looking at the attacks. If the Tea Party was so small in the scheme of things, so unpopular, then no-one would care.

Did you see all the news stories on the front pages of news websites about the Tea Party, Ha no you didn't because the only way they have to draw attention to themselves is to attack the OWS, funny you all talk like your anti government, so where are ya'll? The tea party has switched from attacking big government to attacking a real grass roots movement, because its gonna be huge and that scares the crap out of the right.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

...unless it's the latest Republican straw poll.... right?

Do you know the difference between a straw poll and a regular poll?

Obviously not.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Did you see all the news stories on the front pages of news websites about the Tea Party, Ha no you didn't because the only way they have to draw attention to themselves is to attack the OWS, funny you all talk like your anti government, so where are ya'll? The tea party has switched from attacking big government to attacking a real grass roots movement, because its gonna be huge and that scares the crap out of the right.

Have you been living in a cave, or were you born yesterday?
I won't bother with the multitude of stories about the lefts attempts to smear the Tea Party.

Because I doubt it'd make an impact.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
seems to me that if more people had listened to the tea party instead of "marginalizing" them

there would be no ows protests but nope didnt wanna listen just wanna throw a temper tantrum and stomp their feet and chant " its our way or the highway".

ponder if more people had listened to them instead of trashed them where we all would be right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The left doesn't need to smear the tea party ya'll are doing a bang up job on your own.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think it marginalizes the Tea Party whatsoever. I think it validates both movements. The fact is, nobody is satisfied with the status quo, and everybody realizes change is necessary and inevitable.

I am a Tea Partier, and I fully support the OWS folks. I don't agree with everything they stand for, but I am excited about their momentum.

This I can agree with 100%

I don't quite agree with OWS but I do like the change it has the potential to get started (and is needed). Big government sets the stage for the 1% to do what they do. Cut the head off the snake and watch the body die. I say protest our political system with both parties and tell me where to show up with my sign

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Almost forgot, LDragonFire, if all you want to do is make tea "baggers" angry then good job

If you would like a discussion with another point of view then stop writing such obviously biased statements and resorting to demeaning a movement you don't agree with. Do you want more support on your side or do you want more enemies against your side? Either way is fine with me as I believe in free choice.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why do you even care what the tea party is doing? How about showing us some of these polls you're talking about? You're OWS movement is backed by and supported by George Soros, one of the biggest wall street thugs in the world. Talk about hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Extreme Left and the Extreme Right have the most in common out of anybody. It is the Middle that has driven us down this never ending road of compromise. We compromise on everything! Education, Healthcare, Taxes, Foreign Policy, Abortion, etc., etc. We have to stop compromising and start demanding excellence!

The middle says, "well maybe a little abortion is ok, maybe a little war is ok, maybe a substandard education for all is better than an excellent one for many, maybe average healthcare at an expensive price is better than excellent healthcare at an unknown price, maybe we can assassinate some folks, but not our citizens, unless maybe our citizens are overseas?. Maybe raising taxes, just a little is ok, and maybe we can convince the public we are cutting spending, when really we are just cutting the growth in spending, yet still growing the government exponentially."

TOO MUCH COMPROMISE!!!!

If Legislation were a skyscraper, we would be on the 100th floor with swiss cheese balsa wood gingerly holding us up while the leadership of both parties walk a tight rope of compromise with our babies at each end of their balance pole, and as long as we keep compromising, they will keep teetering those babies over the edge.

I don't care if the Tea Party gets it done, or the OWS gets it done, or Ron Paul gets it done, or Iran gets it done, but somebody has to press the damn reset button and get the government back down to a manageable size, and put the US back on top of innovation and quality and leadership.

I'm sick to my guts of all this compromise.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am not a Teabagger and neither am I a Marxist. I definitely not in favor of professional foreign operatives being allowed into the US with CIA ties such as Ivan Marovic whose was the key organizer for the Serbian wars during the 1990's. Not only aare they being margainalized but simply used to finish off the country and hand directly into the hands of the people they claim they are protesting. To many this is just acting out or having fun or playing games. However the people they have brought in are hard core and here to start a war. The banksters and the Globalists are growing weary and find it profitable and convenient to use the worthless eaters as they call the 99%. To get their totalitarian NWO finally pushed into power. Marxism is dead strangled by its souless path of nothing but death and destruction everywhere it has raised its head. Why would anyone believe that it has changed or it couldn't happen here? Every nation that has been taken down by Marxism has found themselves stripped of everything as they watch it going directly into the hands of their masters.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Do you know the difference between a straw poll and a regular poll?

Obviously not.

Oh PLEASE Mister Beezzer! Teach me!

Your team is the one making all the noise with every little silly straw poll that comes around about how it's a sign of this, or proves this person will be President. Really. Get over yourself.
edit on 11-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

We didn't "peak" during the mid term election, lmao...., that was foreplay! (sure we made history
and we'll make history again) but the last election wasn't multi-orgasmic or anything.

It's all about synergism. Slow, deliberate and with passion that can't be bought.

Today we sign a petition, tomorrow we donate money, and most important, we chose to keep our eyes open and focused.

Just because we aren't in parks defecating, cussing and demonizing America, capitalism and success doesn't mean we're not protesting

We don't give a rat's butt if we're not a part of the mean-girls/guys crowd.
We're here working quietly preserving the OWS right to assemble.

top topics

join