It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City buzzed by military jets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was coming out of K.U. Medical center about fifteen minutes ago, just picking up a prescription and just as I came out of the door, I saw two A-10 Thunderbolts flying really low, heading northwest. I'm not sure how low they were, so I held out my hand at arms' length to judge their relative size and my fingers were over an inch apart. And as if that were not enough, they were boosting hard, heading upward at a sharp angle.

I did some checking, and there are no airshows in the area, so now I'm wondering what they were doing. If anybody has any information on this, I would appreciate it. And Mods, if this is the wrong place for this thread, please move it. I wasn't sure where it should go.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Your government will probably let you know later that they were chasing away Iranian jet fighters.

Iran being the global super power that it is, is SUCH a threat to the US that it must now be immobilized.

[/sarcasm]

st.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I know exactly what they're doing and why they're in Kansas. They're FINALLY going after the Phelps! HA-YES!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Your government will probably let you know later that they were chasing away Iranian jet fighters.

Iran being the global super power that it is, is SUCH a threat to the US that it must now be immobilized.

[/sarcasm]

st.

LOL! Yeah, it must have something to do with their never-ending war on the "Axis of Evil". I feel safer already... (More sarcasm)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh don't worrry too much........Six of them where buzzing over Joplin a week after the tornado using the desaster zone as a target for bombing practice runs.............

Nice

link   

Originally posted by daWoodenCat

I know exactly what they're doing and why they're in Kansas. They're FINALLY going after the Phelps! HA-YES!

If true, that would be awesome. The U.S. military still uses Napalm, don't they?

link   
So is gloucester, UK, hugh wave of low altitude jets with full after burners activated from 18:50 to 20:00 GMT, they were taking off and circling the area repeatedly, we have also had a massive pressence of military helicopters too, hourly infact , mostly U.S kit. We live near a so-called decomm'ed U.S base that is more active than it was in the 2nd iraq war at present.
edit on 11-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The military are strong in Missouri.
We see jets and even the stealth bomber frequently.
With Whiteman Airforce base just 90 miles southeast of KC, the 'decomitioned' Richards Gibaur Airforce base(old home of the Thunderbirds) and the downtown Wheeler Airport (a google search actually has great history on this airport and the mob, the runway is supposed to be over 15ft thick of concrete), not to mention the regular KCI (now MCI) airport.
Seeing jets in this area is not unusual. Not to discount that something is going on.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.campbell.army.mil...

Seems this may be a good reason, Fort Campbell is not to far off from you, maybe it was just a couple of student flyboys at the air assault school. They all want to be Maverick....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I seem to remember a bombing range near Salina that they could have been going to/from.

The A-10's could have been from the reserves at Whiteman for sure. The 303d Fighter Squadron is based there and is made up of A-10's.

As for their flight patterns...they could have been using the city to train themselves in an urban setting.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Oh don't worrry too much........Six of them where buzzing over Joplin a week after the tornado using the desaster zone as a target for bombing practice runs.............

Nice

The scary thing about that, is I can't tell if you're kidding.
I hope you are, in case there was someone in the blown apart community looking for their stuff.

Except that you might not be kidding...
Which is scary.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I seem to remember a bombing range near Salina that they could have been going to/from.

The A-10's could have been from the reserves at Whiteman for sure. The 303d Fighter Squadron is based there and is made up of A-10's.

As for their flight patterns...they could have been using the city to train themselves in an urban setting.

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure I would see them pretty often, but this is the first time I've ever seen a military jet that close outside of an air show.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What is so scary?
Shouldn't our military practice? Or would you rather they enter into a emergent situation without proper training?
I do not understand....are you thinking that they would fire on accident?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It would take a cluster bomb to scatter the phelps gang. They probably are not even in Kansas now, probably in CA looking for the Jobs funeral to picket. The jets are just poking around in hopes of finding a straggler.
Seriously though there have been all manor of training exercises lately. We live a few blocks from a National Guard and they have been very busy lately.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Ft. Campbell is actually more of a helicopter(AH-64 - Apache)/air assault base. Their specialty is nighttime attacks.

new topics

top topics

join