It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Tea Partiers Own OWS hatred protest attendies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
We don't always have to agree, but should at the very most and at the very least just not say anything when other Americans are protesting something they feel strongly about.

I disagree with this portion. While I agree with you that the clowns in this video were intentionally disruptive buffoons, I disagree that we should "not say anything" if people are protesting. I believe there are methods of rational discourse we should employ and that discussion of our ideas is generally a good thing. The fools in the video were divorced from this concept. What a shame.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
would have found it funny(as that is all they were going for)if i didnt find being allowed to excercise your first ammendment right, showing displeasure to the corruption, bailouts, non punishment of eliite criminals so important. especially considering the anti-protest movement within the government. voicing displeasure in a public forum is as american and as old as the constitution.
but on a side note, i usually do find 3 college kids walking past a bucket of crap and deciding to stir it funny.
just not in this instance.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Isn't it illegal to get in the face of protesters? I just remember the laws regarding the KKK and the Phelps people. And if it's not illegal, maybe it should be because Interfering can cause violence in addition to stifling the rights to assemble and protest.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Isn't it illegal to get in the face of protesters? I just remember the laws regarding the KKK and the Phelps people. And if it's not illegal, maybe it should be because Interfering can cause violence in addition to stifling the rights to assemble and protest.

It very well could be illegal and probably should be; provoking a mob could produce serious problems. However, discussion of ideas - even opposing ones - shouldn't stop just because the people are demonstrating. Healthy, respectful dialogue is a great thing (that's what we're doing right now!) and I'd really like to see both sides of the political spectrum begin operating under such a philosophy.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know I am a little late to the party (as usual) but I would like to throw my 2 cents in.......

The Occupy Protestors are a little confused IMHO.
What will they change by occupying Wall street? It's a waste of time.
They should move farther south and OCCUPY WASHINGTON D.C.
Sure the money that corrupts might come from big banks, but the laws that give them power and protection are passed in DC.
The TP had it figured out.
The first thing I would worry about if I was an OWS protestor is whom they have backing the "movement".
I mean if Nancy "pass the bill to see what's in it" Poloisy is backing you then that should send off all kinds of bells and whistles.
She hates the TP because they were/are a threat to the bailout and spend, spend, spend way of governing.
She seems to like the Occupy movement because it takes the heat and the spotlight off of the real problem.
And for those of you who do not know it.......................
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL PROBLEM!
edit on 12-10-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What the hell is wrong with the "tea party?"

Here they are opposing other Americans yet again. Americans who are doing what it is their right to do.

We don't always have to agree, but should at the very most and at the very least just not say anything when other Americans are protesting something they feel strongly about. Sorry, but this "tea party" is a divisive instruments. like so many other divisive instruments we have these days. And it's a toxin.

No one "owned" anyone here. We all lose.
edit on 10/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

exiledonline.com... n-groups/

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This is the funniest stuff I seen so far.
This supposed peace protest spews nothing but hate in the short span of one hour.
Get some popcorn, the fun ensues.

It is humorous how they (tea party) rant and rave about government, entitlements and all these things when they caved in so quickly to the establishment they protested. At first they were dressed in jeans and t-shirts (protests) and now they show up in suits.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with having nice clothes (Have some of my own) however the statement they are trying to make is wrong. I understand they protest the government, want business out of government, they want smaller government, adhere to the constitution etc,. . They tend to forget that it is business that is subsidizing their movement now, How appropriate the attire. They are not owning anyone, I see through the facade of a highjacked movement and they will own the tea dregs at the bottom of the cup for selling out.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why are you digging up this stuff? This is old news, big deal so what.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The Tea Party here got owned. So sorry! They were wrong, provoking a confrontation!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I'm not trying to turn this into a hate filled debate, but how do unions kill jobs? Isn't the point of unions to give the average American citizen more power in the workplace, give him the opportunities to negotiate pay, have health insurance, get some vacation time, and stuff like that? What is that guys logic behind his sign that unions kill jobs? Or was he just wearing that not because he believes it, but because he wanted an emotional reaction?

Umm. ....you have Ron Paul plastered all over your posts and you're defending Unions? My advice would be to read some of Ron Paul's books. He is very anti-Union. You might want to either change your avatar and banner or actually support libertarian views in your posts. Up to you, though.

And a good reading of Paul's books shows that he is fundamentally opposed to most of what OWS is pushing for. He believes in shrinking government and getting ALL special interests out, including the unions. He's a smart guy, though. He likely won't say a cross word about "the movement". He may get some of the more intelligent OWSers to swing his way if they start reading him or listening to his words.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
Peacefully protesting is what I believe most of the protesters step out in hopes of doing. Now show up and provoke them? Probably not the smartest idea. Innocent people are getting beaten, pepper sprayed and denied Constitutional rights by the local PD's and these clowns wanna go out there and provoke? Right or wrong, I think they are asking to get a bloodied nose. I'm not saying I would resort to physical violence, but you go into a crowd that is charged with energy of being stepped on and oppressed, without a gun a badge and a baton....watch your back boys. That situation could land your arse in a hospital real quick. It won't be so clever and funny when you're eating your meals through a straw for a month.

Have you seen the same protest videos I have? Jerry's Kids could take those pansies with one arm tied behind their back. That's the least intimidating crowd I've ever seen in my life. And I teach kindergarten.
edit on 11-10-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

Great, another "tough guy" behind a keyboard. Unintimidated are ya? Lets give you the benefit of doubt and agree they are all pansies, but get together a dozen or more of them and they could whoop those 3 tools. Heck, your entire kindergarten class at once would probably land you in the hospital. Power in numbers my friend, never underestimate your opponent, two rules of thumb any real "tough guy" knows from the word go. Which just proves to me, you ain't one.

Never claimed to be a tough guy. The post above mine was suggesting that the protesters were intimidating in some way. I know these type of people very intimately, unfortunately. They've invaded ny hometown in the last few years, and yes, its true. They are pansies. Sorry. And no, I don't think they'd gang up on anyone. A single punch would likely cause them to scatter much less a whiff of grapeshot. But me, i'm a lover, not a fighter.
edit on 14-10-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Even the crazed homeless druggies (your words)are entitled to free speech, the right to protest etc , and just because some one is "dumb" (your words ), doesnt mean they cant be right every now and then................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join