It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
Well, I suppose a lot of people felt it was only a matter of time before something happened that would give us a reason to attack Iran. I just wonder if this is intended to take the heat off of Holder, or if it indeed is a real threat.

FBI and DEA agents have disrupted a plot to commit a "significant terrorist act in the United States" tied to Iran, federal officials told ABC News today. The officials said the plot included the assassination of the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States, Adel Al-Jubeir, with a bomb and subsequent bomb attacks on the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Washington, D.C. Bombings of the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Buenos Aires, Argentina, were also discussed, according to the U.S. officials

It seems to me as if they were just looking for some reason to go after Iran, and I shudder to think about the implications of this.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in an announcement today that the plan was "conceived, sponsored and was directed from Iran" and called it a "flagrant" violation of U.S. and international law. "The U.S. is committed to holding Iran accountable for its actions," Holder said. He said the White House will be meeting with federal agencies before announcing "further action" in regards to Iran.
[The new case, called Operation Red Coalition, began in May when an Iranian-American from Corpus Christi, Texas, approached a DEA informant seeking the help of a Mexican drug cartel to assassinate the Saudi ambassador, according to counter-terrorism officials.

The Iranian-American thought he was dealing with a member of the feared Zetas Mexican drug organization, according to agents.

The DEA office in Houston brought in FBI agents as the international terror implications of the case became apparent.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

I also wonder if there any of this was connected to the Operation Fast and Furious (in relation to the cartels)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt a "false flag" mean something gets blown up ... not a half dozen foreign nationals getting indicted?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

you are right, I believe..I will correct that statement

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I n a lot of ways we should have been after Iran more than Iraq these past years, but that's neither here nor there. We've been placing our ships so close to Iranian waters that we've been making them paranoid for years. Something was bound to happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Or ponder this …. Holder was just subpoenaed by Issa to testify in front of congress for Gunwalker … this announcement seems timed to push Holder’s subpoena off the front page.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
hmmm very interesting, it could be a FF to get pressure off holder, and show that he is still needed or something. or its true. either way is possible since a week ago Iran said it would be parking a battle group off the Atlantic coast

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Found this related article recently, with the video.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Every video of Eric Holder i have ever seen, I have never trusted the guy, never seemed like he was ever telling the truth.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Ellis1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
America respond again fast to the command chief Israel!...this is a result of the Egypt problem that loose control there !..they now look for motives to ATTACK iran !

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
lol

US/CIA is trying to blame IRAN even for recent SOLAR FLARE issues

how low can 'we' go? in other news..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Well blowing things up is lots of work. It saves valuable time and resources if instead you simply state that you've foiled a plot to blow things up. The end result is the same. Ie war.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
How in the world could our media actually defend our relationship with the Saudis?
They are a corrupt regime. This is a case example of hypocrisy once more.

eg. it's ok if we assassinate leaders we deem to be on the wrong side, but if you try it, it's a terrorist act.

This is not good.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Yep, i just read that news on msn and came to the same conclusion. Iran might have just given us a reason to invade them now. The wheels on the bus go round and round!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If this actually leads to war I will have lost all hope in our future.
edit on 11-10-2011 by SeanTaco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I trust most here on ATS have been on this site long enough to know this story is BS and is simply a distraction.

If EVEN the people on ATS think this was a real plot, god help us all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
how soon people forget.

the Golf of Tonkin accident, a totally false event that justified the bombing of North Vietnam.
more recently, the "weapons of mass destruction", a campaign of lies that led to the invasion of Iraq.
also the propaganda campaign to falsely tie Iraq to 9/11.

this is probably just evil people planning another war to protect their pentagon budget.

a sad time indeed, the war mongers at work again.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is complete bull#. Now ask yur self why Iran would start a war with the west. They are doing very well at the moment in the econmany. They are building new infastructure. And what is the US doing. Going down faster than a poo down the loo. To me, this is a fabrication.
Hold on to your hats. Just feel for the civilions in Iran

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
This is complete bull#. Now ask yur self why Iran would start a war with the west. They are doing very well at the moment in the econmany. They are building new infastructure. And what is the US doing. Going down faster than a poo down the loo. To me, this is a fabrication.
Hold on to your hats. Just feel for the civilions in Iran

I agree, the US "Says" a lot of things, it doesn't make it true.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Do you really genuinley trust the Government, they have been pining like a dog for a bone called Iran for years, "WHY"?

Maybe because Iran has invaded 3 soveriegn nations in recent years, or maybe because they are using drones to illegally enter other sovereign air space and kill foreighn nationals, or maybe because they refuse to less IAEI Inspectors into their nuclear facilities! Hmmmm

Lets be honest, they've done nothing of the above, but under Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama the USA has, Iran allows unfettered access to it's nuclear programs, they have a large jewish population living freely who have not intention to move to Israel despite having complete free will to travel,

There's a bigger story around this, if you follow what's going on with Benjamin Fulford and the use of words by David Cameron on telling the EU Financiers to sort their houses out!

So back to said alleged threat, The wannabe NWO leeches have broken the system through sheer greed and have basically rushed the plan (this current generation just couldn't wait and play their part),

Now they are looking to set a complete global flagration of sheer violence and war as a diversion because people are rising having had enough of being screwed and de-meaned, and to stop they themselves being lynched from lamp posts,

If an alleged American/Iranian went looking for help to assasinate some saudi guy he was a probaly a brain washed patsy like the 7/7 bombers and some of the 9-11 terrorists (7 of which are still alive and well, miraculous eh)

Most Sovereign states have people in embassy's all over the world capable of assination to order, and make it look like an accident! how many folk on the nuclear watch dog program have fallen (suicided) in the UN building alone,

Iran is living like all nations shouild, trying to be self sufficient! don't believe all the spin form the lying bought and paid for M$M.... It has every right to defend it'self, whether that is by the use rhetoric in the UN where we actually get to hear their side of the story or by building a defence force to protect itself,

Finally! I'm not antisemetic, the good isreali's themselves have woken up to the realisation they have been hijacked by war mongering zionists and in the words of Joe Biden "you don't have to be jewish to be a zionist"

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
hmmm very interesting, it could be a FF to get pressure off holder, and show that he is still needed or something. or its true. either way is possible since a week ago Iran said it would be parking a battle group off the Atlantic coast

And while they are parked there, they possibly may be unloading special forces teams to swim to the mainland and commit acts of terror.

new topics

top topics

join