It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Its a normal slur to call the United States America too. The United States is in America just like Mexico, Canada and many other countries.

www.nationsonline.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Skellon

Its a normal slur to call the United States America too. The United States is in America just like Mexico, Canada and many other countries.

www.nationsonline.org...

Umm....not so much. Pretty poor effort. Am I a United Statesian or an American? Is someone from Canada an American or a Canadian? Is someone from Mexico an American or a Mexican....Ridiculous claim is ridiculous.
edit on 10/13/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Canadian.
Mexican.
United states citizen.
And you could also be called a American.
But unless you want open borders with all of America then I suggest staying with your own country.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well i will just post this www.cnn.com... from the link and it should say it all

Some analysts skeptical of alleged Iranian plot
some just some??? wake up and smell the coffee will ya, just once.

Rush Limbaugh jumped in on this also,

Rush Limbaugh is asking if the foiled terrorist plot Attorney General Eric Holder announced yesterday was a ploy to distract the American people from Holder’s role in a deadly Mexican gun-running operation. Holder announced the plot — in which Iranian forces allegedly plotted to hire a Mexican drug cartel to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. in a Washington, D.C., restaurant — shortly after Congressman Darrell Issa threatened to subpoena him for misleading Congress about Operation Fast and Furious. “What a great way to sidestep the fact that he’s being delivered a subpoena for Fast and Furious,” Limbaugh told his audience on Tuesday. “That’s exactly what this is all about…No question in my mind what Holder’s press conference is about.”

Is it possible Rush is right that Holder, or someone other than the Iranian government, has overhyped the story for political ends? The evidence shows, surprisingly, that the possibility of a hoax cannot be dismissed out of hand.

Terrorist Plot or Terrorist Ploy?

CNN and Limbaugh with similar thoughts?

This whole thing is a multi-purpose plot.

Too many bases being covered.

One diversion leads to another.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If you bothered to actually read my post, you will have noted that I said 'Americas' referring to the whole land mass in the context of not being so geographically aware of what exists beyond that whole land mass.

The actual comparison I used was myself referring to the United States Of America as Texas, which essentially dismisses the existence of all US citizens in states that are not Texas.

However, this has already gone way off topic.

A simple apology or recognition, without all the smart a** remarks, would have wasted less thread space.

If you wish to further discuss this feel free to private message me as I will not discuss this further in this thread.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A little food for thought. You have to be a subscriber to read the article :/ But it says the CIA knew it was Iran behind the Lockerbie bombings.

The cables, from the American Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), suggest that Iran was behind the attack on Pan Am flight 103, which killed 270 people in 1988, in response to the shooting down of an Iranian commercial airliner by the USS Vincennes, an American warship, five months earlier. One document that the defence team had planned to produce was a memo from the DIA dated September 24, 1989. It states: “The bombing of the Pan Am flight was conceived, authorised and financed by Ali-Akbar (Mohtashemi-Pur), the former Iranian minister of interior

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article6797773.ece

This isn't Iran's first rodeo when it comes to terrorist attacks :/

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Canadian.
Mexican.
United states citizen.
But unless you want open borders with all of America then I suggest staying with your own country.

Whatever you say. You are however, still wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
When I saw this news story pop up on Google my first impression was B--- S---.

Looking at all the headlines include the word "Terror" so I know this is pure propaganda, not from the White House or the State Department.. this propaganda is from the Military-Industrial-Complex with complicity from the 4th estate, the Media Complex.

This is always how the M-I-C works: problem, reaction, solution. The talking heads will have something to talk about and the taxpayers will end up paying the price. In the end there will be another bogey man to vilify.

The End Is Near for the M-I-C. They are desperate to maintain their high place in the order of civilization but that time is nearly come to an end. Good Bye M-I-C, the global citizenry of the Open Internet will defeat you.

The first thing Obama needs to do is open a channel of communication to Teheran and say "Yo Dude, I see you are trying out a space program, let's work together.".

Problem Solved.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shyster55
Unfortunaly Saddam had unreliable information that made him believe that the U.S would not get involved in the conflict between Iraq and Kuwait.

The unreliable source was the US Ambassador to Iraq who stated explicitly that the US won't be taking sides in an Arab-Arab conflict. Normally people expect that when nations make such statements through their official representatives they have the honour to keep them. But then some have no honour as both Iraq and the rest of the world noticed.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Canadian.
Mexican.
United states citizen.

I am not a US citizen, but I think it is quite appropriate for US citizens to be referred to as Americans.

Mexico is officially the United States of Mexico and her citizens are referred to as Mexicans. Likewise US citizens can be called Americans.

Although there are two continents with the name America in them, the USA is the only country which has been historically called America without any ambiguity.

I read this explanation (I don't remember the author's user id) right here on a different thread and find it very convincing.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by shyster55
Unfortunaly Saddam had unreliable information that made him believe that the U.S would not get involved in the conflict between Iraq and Kuwait.

The unreliable source was the US Ambassador to Iraq who stated explicitly that the US won't be taking sides in an Arab-Arab conflict. Normally people expect that when nations make such statements through their official representatives they have the honour to keep them. But then some have no honour as both Iraq and the rest of the world noticed.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

Honor?

Iraq invaded another country just to steal their wealth, no honor in that.

The 1st gulf war was a true worldwide effort, I was there I know. We had Norway to our south and Germany to the north along with France.

I'll freely admit that the current Iraq war is BS, but the first one was justified.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by jhn7537

Please refer to the United Kingdom as the United Kingdom and not as England.

Or would you prefer I refer to the United States as Texas all the time?

Regards, Skellon.

Sensitive much? Call the United States Texas all you want, it wont bother me one bit. Not sure why someone saying England bothers you....

He must live in one of those countries that were conquered by the British, touchy subject...

Yup, Wales.....

I suggest you consult a map of the world (yes, there are land masses outside of the Americas) and you shall find that the United Kingdom consists of 4 countries, not 1. It is a habitual American slur to regard Britain as 'England'.

It is simply disrespectful to refer to the United Kingdom as England as in doing so, you are dismissing the existence of all Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people who also represent the United Kingdom.

Tech : It's known as respect, something that your military service should have taught you.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

think you should have read my post, this is actually what I was saying that, because the British conquered other countries and stuck there name on it, and called it, the U.K; it could be a touchy subject And I said it, in good taste, as to be historically accurate and a bit sarcastic as to lighten your mood, about being called England. As it’s now even more obvious that you are NOT English, no indeed you ARE Welsh. And though shall not disgrace your people. I get it I dig your zealousness. I shall refer to you as the Welsh from now on. Im just playing...

Oh and my military did teach me respect, also it taught me to demand it as well. When I think your being sensitive or over the top, im either going to tell you to stop crying, or im going to take the high road and make light of your humorous demeanor. And if what I said was not funny then I apologize, please forgive me of my unrighteous indiscretions

edit on 13-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh stop being so polite. Just tell him he's a Scot who can't swim and be done with it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

lol

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If I remember it correctly there used to be a saying "the sun never sets on the British empire" referring to their colonies all over the world.

They've since given most of them back, but it was their saying, so I'm not sure how calling them British is an insult.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i do think Iran is protesting to much www.cnn.com...

"The Iranian nation seeks a world free from terrorism and considers the current U.S. warmongering and propaganda machine against Iran as a threat not just against itself but to the peace and stability in the Persian Gulf region. The Islamic Republic of Iran warns against the implications of this horrible scenario and submits that the continuation of such divide-and-rule policies could have detrimental effects on peace and security."
push ones buttons long and hard enough something will give, could this be the straw that broke the camels back?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pretty scary article

www.infowars.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

no he's, tripping about the U.K being called England by an American.. He got his pantys all jumbled up over it..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Pretty scary article

www.infowars.com...

"The Obama administration’s fabricated terror plot blamed on Iran represents the green light for an Israeli attack on Iran set to take place within the next two weeks, according to confidential military sources who spoke with Alex Jones"

Okay, I don't get why people actually take Infowars as a credible website. 100% chance this article is B.S., and Israel and/or the US will NOT attack Iran within the next two weeks or even close to that time frame, if they even do.

How many times has he said he had "We have documentation", "Credible", "Confidential", "High Level", sources? And look how many times he gets proved wrong like a idiot.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Tech, Aeons, Skelllons and the others: Fair discussion about UK, Welsh and so on, entertaining as well.
And obviously enough material to discuss in a thread of it's own.

Back to the Iran "Terror plot": Anyone has another source than Infowars on the "green light" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join