It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say they're 95% sure they've found proof Yetis are real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
blastr.com... I just found that great link and all i have to say is i knew it,i knew it,i knew it! It's such a big world and just because you a hard time finding a certain species doesn't mean it does not exist. Some birds go decades without being discovered and yet when they are they are referred to as a "rare" species,so why should yeti or bigfoot be any different.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've been waiting for this news for a long time.. I understand your enthusiasm.

But I won't be holding my breath, there is always someone who has proof and it usually amounts to nothing.

And why the hell do they use such crappy pictures?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm just happy that actual scientists are 95% sure..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

This has a thread on it already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Uh...where's the proof? Just more speculation it seems.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wrong thread.. sorry.
edit on 11/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I saw that report this morning on RT news and I was puzzled. How could it go so long with out being found?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I saw this stuff today on RT news, but i mean cmon there cant just be one of these things, there has to be loads of them to surrvive, plus they would have there own food chain, its just wishfull thinking.

It would be cool to find one but it aint gonna happen my friend.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I expected much more from the article to be honest. It didn't really say anything important or astonishing. They say they are 95% certain of the creature's existence, and the only evidence cited is footprints, a POSSIBLE den, and indicators that SOME animal was POSSIBLY marking its territory.

That to me doesn't say anything at all, and I suspect that any objective scientists would agree. The ONLY item within the article that should cause any brow raise at all is the claim that possible Yeti hair samples are being tested in a laboratory.

That may or may not yield some type of scientific proof, but with what they have now, there is not really any proof...let alone enough to issue a claim of 95% certainty. Mind you that I am a firm believer in Sasquatch populations in general, extending to the Yeti in other countries, but science is science, and I don't see very much of it here.

The claim that scientists say they are 95% certain of the creatures existence is a very BOLD statement to say the least, and bold statements, especially of this magnitude, require CONVINCING evidence to back it up. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'll believe when I see one captured and confirmed

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In an article i read on European media it stated that according to the members of this expedition the estimated number of the yeti population they "found" was of 30 individuals.
It's a known fact that below 120 individuals the group will extinguish itself within 100 years due to interbreeding, at least that is for man ( its a law of nature,, it's got a name too that i cant remember now ).
So the cases are 3: 1) it doesn't apply to humanoids, 2) it applies and they are in fact on their way to end end their evolutionary run , 3) they are more than 30. Or the info is wrong.
Doubt that they are extinguishing themselves because of interaction w/ humans, since there hasn't been any.

So the less probable case is 2. The most likely is 1 in my opinion, and that is in the case they actually do exist in Siberia....

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Awesome, not definitive proof but it's very encouraging. And i don't feel like explaining why it hasn't been found if it is real (Bigfoot,yeti) which i do believe it is. I would far exceed the text limit trying to explain it elusiveness.

new topics

top topics

join