It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadtrip USA 2011 - The Movie(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Finally on the web; the long awaited compilation of our 5200 mile long road trip around the Rockies!
See us blaze through deserts and snow, over mountains and through forests, barren wastelands and city centres! Maybe we drove just past your place?
Though filmed in 1080p, the quality outcome isn't the best and maybe I could have made the clips more tightly synced with the music but hey, at least it's up now!

Enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PART 1:
The hotel in Tonopah NV mentioned as The Hight Desert Inn (Best Western) is actually the Ramada Tonopah Station Hotel. Due to software malfunction (Windows Movie Maker, Vista) I was unable to edit this information. I apologize sincerely if this mistake will or have caused any discomfort for anyone. I really tried every possible way to publish an edited version, with no positive outcome.

A great many thanks for giving our vacation a golden edge goes out to:
Joey Manywhiskers and the Navajo tribe who showed much hospitality and highly valued friendship.
Member "Gariac" at ATS for very valuable help about A51 with surroundings.
Pat and Don at the Red Pole Ranch, WY
www.redpoleranch.com...
Rick McIntyre, Biological Technician for the Yellowstone Wolf Project.
James, Sun and everyone at Gilliland Ranch, WA
www.eceti.org...
Marlene & Co. at Valley View Ranch Equine Rescue, King City CA
www.valleyviewranchequinerescue.webs.com...

Thanks also for great service and memorable experiences at:
Silvios Photoworks and Digital Equipment Supplies, Hawthorne L.A.
www.silvios.com...
The Windmill Ridge Restaurant and Lodging, Alamo NV
www.wind-mill-ridge.com...
Casey Adams & the rest of the Staff at the Grand Canyon West Ranch
www.grandcanyonranch.com...
The View Hotel in Monument Valley, AZ
www.monumentvalleyview.com
Soul Vacation Resort, Waldport OR
www.soulvacationresorts.com...

A separate honourable mention goes to:
The makers of the 2010 Huyndai Santa Fe (AWD) SUV: the vehicle in question is outstanding on the road and very merciful on our butts and backs, despite countless hours on the road under all kinds of conditions! The fuel consumption was also remarkably low.

“Thanks” also to SME and WMG for the kind permission to use their material in clip 2 and 3 See the Soundtrack section in the video information box at my YT-account for more info
(If these two tracks would ever end up being permanently muted, you know who is (as in: what companies) responsible for that).

The car was rented at Alamo car rentals (LAX) through Travel Jigsaw
www.traveljigsawgroup.com...

Absolutely no thanks to American Airlines who wouldn't compensate me for having my cellphone obviously stolen, most likely by their crew! On the very day we arrived even! Can't believe we had to wait 25 minutes at the desk to get into contact with a supervisor (we were super polite and we most surely did not make a so called "fuzz"). Luckily, their behaviour was very atypical compared the warm and hospitable service we got from almost everyone else we met around the country- employees or just regular American people!
To every and each one of you: thank you so much, we will never forget you (especially that guy that who worked at Best Buy in the South Bay Galleria in Hawthorne LA and who looked a bit like "Po" from Kung Fu Panda; for some reason I really can't stop thinking about what a really nice lad he seemed like...whatever).

Soundtrack:
(part 1)
1. Morgan Page: The Longest Road (deadmau5 remix)
2. Explosions in the Sky: First Breath After Coma
from the album "The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place" (2003)
(part 2)
1. Kyuss: 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up)
from the album "Blues for the Red Sun" (1992)
2. Audioslave: I am the Highway
from the album "Audioslave" (SME/Interscope/Epic 2004)
(part 3)
1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Breaking the Girl
from the album "Sex, Sugar, Blood, Magick" (WMG 1991)
2. Megadeth: Wanderlust
from the album "Risk" (1999)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

I remember when you were planning this trip.
I just finished the first part and am getting ready to watch the rest.
Great job!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Hehe, sweet!
It's an honour to have you watching it, dude

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

You lucky guy!!
Gilliland's Ranch!!
Nice shots!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah...about that.
James told me to write about that and about the ATS crew visit...but I don't know if I wanna get banned just yet.
I'll answer some more replies first

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
gaah i have to go to work, ill be watching as soon as i get home Raud!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Glad to see that you've survived! Epic trip! I was out there this past June as well, although didn't see nearly as much as you did!

Great call on the music, by the way. Especially Explosions in the Sky.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

Thanks man, that is the exact kind of response I hoped for when I chose the music

Explosions... rock and that particular song is probably their best, imho.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
By the way, what has happened to Gatorade green apple flavour???
I was really looking forward to having a gallon or two but none of the 9 states we passed through could provide it!
WTH?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
next time its oz! ill find you a emma replica

Hope your settled at home.

You da biz raud, and the mrs is as cute as a button.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It most certainly will be Oz next time!
Thanx for the kind words daaarlinn'!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Very enjoyable! But, what's up with guy putting a woman's body in the trunk? Did I miss something?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I guess he couldn't stand having her back seat driving?
No, seriously, that was the Bates Motel at Universal Studios, the actual set. They had a little interactive thing going on there.

I am just about to re-post the 1st part after I've done a little edit to it. Make sure to check it out as well!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here is part 1, again...

Had to slightly edit some stuff.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Great!... absolutely great. The Raudster in the Desert

I'm gonna watch the last one later and as I do, I'll think of
how a young Swede from the Fiords and his girl actually got
their kicks... on Route 66!!

Great thread man.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hehe, we sure got our kicks delivered smokin' hot!
The United States of AWESOME!

Maybe a brit road trip next time?
Ah, that's right, I promised Zazz already!

Thanks for the kind words man. It warms a chilled autumn heart

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i love your videos man... looks like ya'll had fun i know i did when i was out in that area last year with my ex girl. i plan on goin back out there soon as i get some money saved up. i saw a few roads in your videos that i travelled too, brings back good memories. ahhh... wanderlust....

oh yea, good music too, specially the audioslave and kyuss tracks
edit on 2-11-2011 by heavychevy13 because: no reason

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heavychevy13

Thanks man!
Great to hear we have a fellow Kyuss-psycho among us at ATS!
Often streaming out from my speakers while browsing the threads late at night...

I should mention that all tracks were featured on our tailor-made roadtrip soundtrack that we had carefully composed before our trip begun.
It is quite the feeling to drive on the more desolate Nevada dirt roads straight into nowhere while blasting "Spaceship Landing", "Demon Cleaner" or "50 Million Year Trip"

Or any track by Slo Burn...almost even better than Kyuss really

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yea, i just discovered them around the beginning of this year actually, i think a couple members also played in a band called fu manchu that i really like, ever heard of them? i never went down any dirt roads in nevada, but yea desolate is a good way to describe the state as a whole, i think i drove over a hundred miles at one point and saw maybe two other cars lol

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by heavychevy13

Yeah, Fu Manchu is know overseas as well
I don't know what ex-Kyuss members are in there though. The most famous post-Kyuss band would be Queens of the Stone Age, I guess... Also featured on our soundtrack ("In the Fade", "Mexicola", "You Can't Quit Me Baby", and others...)

We saw a great many awesome locations, as the videos might show but Nevada found a special place in my heart. Maybe because it was the most unfamiliar place I have ever seen. I been to red deserts not totally unlike the one in AZ, and since I'm a swede the mountains and forests and even the steep coastal cliffs are also similar to the environments I've been in (not only at home but during other travels too). But the NV deserts were quite unique. It was like those mountains...like they were watching me in some strange way. It felt totally alien.
I loved it though. Keep thinking about going back there and getting lost for a couple of months.
I also like the half alive/half ghost towns around there, like this place called Goldfield. Veeery strange, in a nice way

new topics

top topics

join