It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear radio stations!!! all the time!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ok...

i hear radio stations all the time. especially in the quiet times...like when just sitting and talking to my girlfriend. especially laying in bed at night. been hearing them for MONTHS. my girl does, too.

talked to some friends...they hear them, too! 2 nights ago...we were laying in bed, lights out...silent. i heard an announcer/dj saying "this is so and so with 104....(i forgot number now)" then a song started playing. i told my gf to turn the radio on...and turn it to that station number i heard...sure as $***...the song i heard was playing. then we both heard the same song playing at same time.

i can unplug every electronic in the house...and go lay down...and still hear it. and if you try to find the source...you can't hear it anymore. and...if you focus on it and try to really listen to it...it fades away. but...if you let it just play like elevator music, it will never stop.

anyone else having this?

edit on 12/10/2011 by Sauron because: All Caps in title converted to lower case

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Nope im not having it.

Are you sure its not a neighbor?? Or a car outside??

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Maybe your neighbors?...

Where is the source of the sound?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do you ever hear your named called out, followed by, "You should have listened to your dentist and replaced those mercury fillings with the white ones"?

What ever you do, don't give in to it.

You should only consider it if you have cavities under your fillings.
edit on 11-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Actually, this happens to me occasionally too. I always figured it might be either the two metal wires permanently placed in my mouth or something, or maybe just glass resonating or something. Kinda odd when you hear someone in the next room and open the door to nobody being there, then still hear it faintly in the background. I just pretend it's not there usually.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Hmmm! This is an interesting one. If what you say is happening that your brain is actually picking up the transmission then beyond doubt there is some kind of natural transistor in your brain that can pick up these frequencies within your organic make up; your girlfriend's, too.

I have never had that happen. Yet I have known the phone is going to ring (even a mobile) seconds before. That is the nearest I have come to that kind of phenomenon.

Hope to read some other replies and anyone else having similar experiences.

"This is Revolution9, 99.9 FM on the mix (hehe)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i sometimes hear distant music or voices that seem to fade when i concentrate on them
generally they happen the day after a show
so i assume it's my tinnitus back to haunt me.

or maybe car radios? i've kind of always dismissed it
now i know maybe it happens to others
i'll pay closer attention

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about. At night, when i lay my head a certain way I can hear a faint radio station, I cant make out what they are saying on the station, or what the station is, but sometimes I hear talking, sometimes I hear music, i know I am not crazy, because.... the voices in my head tell me im not.

But I tried this in a few places in my house, and it only happens at night when I face the back of the house laying down.

I have heard if someone has metal, or mercury fillings, it can pick up the frequency, but i dont know if thats a myth.

link   
Sit back and enjoy it.
Don't concentrate on 'it' or it will fade away, merely meditate and watch/feel/listen to the signal become stronger.
edit on 11-10-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

link   
I think some of us are able to pick up radio stations and other signals. I couldn't figure out if it was a type of psychic ability or simply just hearing the music in my head. This has been happening more and more frequently to both me and my daughter. I hear a song in my head and I turn the radio on and YEP sure enough it is playing. A few times both me and my daughter "hear" the same songs at the same time. It has happened way too many times to be coincidence! When I was a teenager my brother and I both had trouble sleeping because we could hear music every night. It was faint, but it never went away. Sometimes it sounded like a group of people having a party other times it was music. Of course we thought it was ghosts at the time, but looking back it could very well have been radio waves. I have to sleep with a fan just to drown out the noise.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

oh yeah dude...totally. my girl and i sing along with it now. we'll be laying in bed and she'll say "awesome...i'm getting an 80's station" and start singing some 80s song. it's crazy. we just enjoy it now. try to figure out the song. it's really crazy when it's a song you've never heard...but it sounds awesome...so it's like brand new music in your head...but it rhymes and makes sense, so there's no way you could be just making the words up...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ps. I just remembered there is a John Cale song about that on his "Music For A New Society" album. The track is called "Rise, Sam And Rimsky-Korsakov" or "In The Library of Force". It is his wife reciting a poem about the radio. It is one of those two tracks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

i have an air purifier that i HAVE to sleep with now. i need white noise to block out all the sounds of the silence. i'm hyper-sensitive to things so i have to have something to drone out all the static/chatter

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You don't have to yell, it's the metal plate in your head picking up the radio signals.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Do you have metal fillings in your teeth?

Or a plate in your head?

Be back with links..

No really solid links but a lot of anecdotal evidence..

linkerrific

teehee, i wouldn't be mean, but they got me with it too

edit on 11-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: bad gag

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Are there any large radio/cell phone antennas around you? (look careful the companies are good at hiding them in plain sight)
Do you live in a big city, suburbs or out in the country?
Can you go out of town and still here it?
Any permenant dental work?
Ever had any head surgery?
Is it always the same station?
Can you call into the station and hear yourself talking? (sorry had to ask.
)

Gotta knock some variables out before we can get to the root of the cause.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I haven't experienced what you are talking about, however, I do hear "voices" that seem to to fade in and out speaking dialog that isn't familiar to me, just as I drift to sleep/meditate. Sometimes I hear very profound statements, sometimes it seems to be bits of garbled language. I hear music sometimes too, but I'm a composer who writes for several instruments, so I've had music in my head for as long as I can remember, not sure if I'm channeling music or just creating it in my head.

Do you still hear the radio when wearing earplugs? That's how I isolated my issue to confirm that it was in my head.

geez, writing it out like that makes me feel like I'm crazy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hungry4truth

Noooo! Not crazy atall. Quite healthy and sensitive, all channels on line I say. I am musically active and creative, too. Wow, the crazy stuff that goes on "in there" pretty amazing.

I have had the conversation stuff in half sleep mode. Many varied experiences in that gateway between sleep and waking. I think mystics of the past and even today have experimented with this big time.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I hear it too.It started a few months ago it's either a radio or music...I would love to hear an explanation as to why this is occurring.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just want you to make one thing clear.. you heard it, turned on the radio and it was exactly what you were hearing?

Because that would be a completely different to just hearing random music or even DJ's in your mind, this can be explained quite easily.

also do you have neighbors? is your room near a road? do you have other radios in the house

top topics

<<   2 >>

join