It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 children in jails such as Abu Ghraib � some as young as 10 � being subjected to rape/torture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Iraq's Child Prisoners
(from the Sunday Herald)

A Sunday Herald investigation has discovered that coalition forces are holding more than 100 children in jails such as Abu Ghraib. Witnesses claim that the detainees � some as young as 10 � are also being subjected to rape and torture
By Neil Mackay

It was early last October that Kasim Mehaddi Hilas says he witnessed the rape of a boy prisoner aged about 15 in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. �The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets,� he said in a statement given to investigators probing prisoner abuse in Abu Ghraib. �Then, when I heard the screaming I climbed the door � and I saw [the soldier�s name is deleted] who was wearing a military uniform.� Hilas, who was himself threatened with being sexually assaulted in Abu Graib, then describes in horrific detail how the soldier raped �the little kid�.

In another witness statement, passed to the Sunday Herald, former prisoner Thaar Salman Dawod said: �[I saw] two boys naked and they were cuffed together face to face and [a US soldier] was beating them and a group of guards were watching and taking pictures and there was three female soldiers laughing at the prisoners. The prisoners, two of them, were young.�

It�s not certain exactly how many children are being held by coalition forces in Iraq, but a Sunday Herald investigation suggests there are up to 107. Their names are not known, nor is where they are being kept, how long they will be held or what has happened to them during their detention.

(more)
01 August 2004

=====

What a shame!
Do you believe?

[edit on 29-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Oh, I can believe it, but it is just unbelievable! What do I think? Well, anyone with any compassion and reason should be outraged

I'd like to set them up somewhere in a prison full of men that would do the same....of course it still wouldn't be fair because men at least can try to fight...a child has no defense in such a situation!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
didnt know they could go lower then they alraedy have

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is beyond unreasonable.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Many news like this are not credible, I think that the end of an investigation would hold the truth...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I cannot believe this!! This is mindblowing..

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
first off, i'm going to wait for a little more evidence then a source's eyewitness account. second, the children that are there are there for a reason; they were captured on the battle field endgangering coalition forces.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes, those kids, and many others were tought to fight against the evil enemy, even many are tought to commit suicide bombings. Kids have the least fear, they can go to battle achieving success, as they do not run for their lives.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Yes, those kids, and many others were tought to fight against the evil enemy, even many are tought to commit suicide bombings. Kids have the least fear, they can go to battle achieving success, as they do not run for their lives.

And this means what!? That they deserve to be RAPED!? no......i DON'T THINK SO...WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Will you shut up LadyV? It doesn't matter what age they are, none of this behavior from coalition troops is appropriate, if this is true. Stop whining just because they are kids... I bet you wouldn't be whining if it was just adults being abused eh?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
first off, i'm going to wait for a little more evidence then a source's eyewitness account.

The thing is it's not just a couple of anonymous eyewitness accounts here.

We've all seen the photos back in May. We know there are at least 1800 other photos, shown to members of congress, which have been classified and deemed too shocking for the public to see. We have Amnesty International, The Red Cross, numerous witness, both military and civilian, who have spoken out about the abuses, in Abu Graib. Are they all lying?

How much more evidence would it take? who would you believe?

[edit on 29/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
Will you shut up LadyV? It doesn't matter what age they are, none of this behavior from coalition troops is appropriate, if this is true. Stop whining just because they are kids... I bet you wouldn't be whining if it was just adults being abused eh?

First off.,,.no, I will not shut up...so deal with it, if you find my replies offensive in some way...ignore me! Secondly...NO one deserves to be abused....and especially not children....aren't we showing our true colors today!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok guys i know this is a kinda heated topic here but lets leave the insults at each other out of it, thank you

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ok guys i know this is a kinda heated topic here but lets leave the insults at each other out of it, thank you

Please refer this to EliteXizer

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I tell ya this �rap is getting too much for me. I've lived in the States for 16 yrs now, made it my home, served in the US military for 6 yrs.
I'm embarrased and scared to call myself a US citizen anymore. If I wasn't poor and disabled and happily sucking up some of your tax $ every month I would be outa here!!
War does not justify doing this to human beings.
We are putting ourselves in a very bad position, is this how a country like the US should behave?
Isn't one of the excuses for being in Iraq the fact that Hussein tortured his citizens.
It seems nothing has changed, nothing ever changes.
Our government lies to us, tells us what it thinks we want to hear, and behind our backs carries out the attrocities it tells us it's fighting to eradicate.
Look at history, it's full of it, this is nothing new. But it's harder for them to hide it now. Information is too easliy obtained now. Yet the population is so freakin brainwashed they can't see what's going on right in front of them.
This country is at a crises point and is about to boil over. We are a devided country, everything thing has broken down to black and white, right or left, demorat or conserva#, gay or straight, terrorist or american, bush or kerry, rich or poor, nirvana or metalica, love or hate, fat or thin...Where is that diversity America's always talks about? All I see is hate for anything that is diferent to you. Conformity is the norm here...Conform or don't fit in.
Ah! The beauty of grey...
It's so easy to say, they deserve it cause they're the enemy, from the confort of your armchair.
Our soldiers are raping children, doesn't that make you feel so proud to be amerikan?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i see what you're saying muppet, and i assure you i'm not unwilling to believe. but, i don't believe adult male soldiers are raping 10 year old boys. to go from incidents and accustations of abuse, which are things like humiliation and physcial harm, to full on rape, of 10 year old boys no less, is one very big jump. plus, i'd still like to think abu graib was an isolated incident. no real proof, beyond political banter, has been shown that the things that happened at abu graib were common practice at all prisons.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is crazy!!
I thought it was bad already, but THIS...

I guess there are no limits to the evilness that grows from war... :shk:
Was the war really worth it?
I guess most of us know the answer to that question.
This war should never have been started.
The phrase "War is Hell" is not just a cliche or myth, it�s very real.
Some people seem to think it�s just another violent videogame...
Wake up!

I think... I�m ... gonna ...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Pathetic.

Low and behold freinds, the great liberaters that is America.

Yes, lets rape 10 year olds who have been indoctrinated and perverted into false ideologies, why? Becuase we are going to give them freedom and liberty through sexual molestation...

Wow, I'm shocked, and quite honestly, this would never apear on CNN/FOX/ABC/NBC.

Free-Press my ass.

When people start to ignore and become quite about the things that matter, then, and only then, has true freedom and democrazy failed.

Deep

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What's unbelievable is how gullable some of you people are!! What an absolute joke. Didn't you ever learn to not believe everything you hear? Is it not apparent to you that the media is being used in this war against the US? Who here really believes an American soldier is going to rape a kid? How many of you seriously believe other soldiers would stand for that? I seriously doubt it, and will give our military the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise. Didn't anybody teach you that? And another thing, yes, I don't believe that's true, I do believe tho that they got in the middle of a war and they're lucky to even be alive!! Also, note who the witness's are. Jeez Louise, give me a break already.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
you know, there's a reason this story isn't on any major news outlet. it's because this story isn't credible, and most likely untrue. let's look at how much the abu graib story was plastered over the media. it was everywhere. for tens of days you couldn't escape hearing about it. for example, within 52 days of it happening, the New York Times ran 47 front page news stories on abu graib. why was abu graib all over? because, it was a sensational story. it caused the president to look bad. do some of you honestly believe none of our major news outlets wouldn't run this story if it were true? just think of how bad THIS would make the president look. but no, some of you truly want to believe the media is in the backpocket of the gov't. now who are the ones acting with ignorance?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join