It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by ShortMemory

It isn't? That's funny, i have one right here and it sure seems real.

bahahahahahahhahaha
you do realise fiction books are real also

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

YO! Colbe, where you be at?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I read the Op...skipped to the most recent page...read some stupid crap about having to be "Roman Catholic" to receive communion and....would have just blown off this stupid thread...but then saw your post and decided I must support you.

If the op professess to be a Roman Catholic...he is a lying fraud....he is a pre Vatican 2 relic at best.
ignore him. WE true Catholics don't exclude anyone of faith! We don't profess that it is our way or the hell way.
I went to a Catholic university. I know my damn religion. You fraud! (um...directed at the op)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by radpetey

I read the Op...skipped to the most recent page...read some stupid crap about having to be "Roman Catholic" to receive communion and....would have just blown off this stupid thread...but then saw your post and decided I must support you.

If the op professess to be a Roman Catholic...he is a lying fraud....he is a pre Vatican 2 relic at best.
ignore him. WE true Catholics don't exclude anyone of faith! We don't profess that it is our way or the hell way.
I went to a Catholic university. I know my damn religion. You fraud! (um...directed at the op)

If you read it, then you would have known that I am not catholic, I didn't write it, and I'm not a fraud. Thanks

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

actually your bible states that in most cases people of other religions are to be killed.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.' But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn." So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations. For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy. "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together. My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings. (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I served at the altar as a boy.

A little while later I picked up the Bible.

The discrepancies between the doctrine of TRC, and the word of God were shocking and quite overwhelming.

I was forced to jump ship.......but am very slow to judge( by the mercy of God) anyone claiming to have faith in THE LIVING GOD!...sorry bout' the caps, but it is fitting

But this post was too much to be left alone.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

In the OP's defence he didnt write it, it was written by someone else and only quoted by the OP.

So your words should have been "the original writer is a fraud."

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by micmerci

I am not as fluent as I would like to be.

I get by, though. And things I do not understand, I study up on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Keep it up, at the Lords Table......Do not touch the other with a ten foot pole.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think that was a wee bit out of context

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by Spruk

Scripture must verify Scripture.

That is how I go about dealing with inconsistent translations.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Apparently God really has it in for those Anglo-Saxons. Does that mean all the latin american people are cool with him?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Jesuits...(the smart educated Catholics) don't take the Bible literaly...so don't quote scripture like
some fundementalist born again hack!
I don't care who you are...you aren't smart enough to understand what is true or false, important or irrelevant about what is in the Bible.
Believe what ever you want...but nobody on this site has the cred. to preach the truth, whatever it may be.
You literal Bible thumpers drive me crazy. You turn more people into Atheist than just the human experience itself.
....to the altar boy.....?........what nugget of knowledge do you get from that? I enjoyed lighting and extinguishing the candles myself...trying to look like I was paying attention to the same archaic readings was not enjoyable.

Pick another religion to demonstrate ignorance, most of us Catholics are more like Luthreans anyways.
leave us alone, go join your local holy roller church.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Can you please share the context of the scriptures with us, instead of cherry-picking to prove a point?

That would perhaps help you as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Apparently God really has it in for those Anglo-Saxons. Does that mean all the latin american people are cool with him?

I think it has more to do with who is going to be receiving the wrath, and YHWH telling his people to get the hell out.

It is not about race, but about spirituality.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Extremes screw people up.

That includes the people who take everything literally, along with the people who take everything as allegory and symbolism.

Discernment and logic is the key, and as always . . . verify scripture with scripture. If it does not jibe, you are doing it wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Verifying scripture with scripture sounds like circular reasoning to me--in opposition to logical thinking.

Just my opinion of course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/11/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100
. . . could you please enlighten me as to how you and the others on here believe the bible is anything more then a collection of stories, myths or whatever,

If you would do some honest research into it, you would find the answers to the questions you ask.

created to control the hearts and minds of a people to ignorant to understand their reality?

Please show the scriptures that support this idea.

As for Jesus Christ... I believe it was Pope Leo X who said something along the lines of "It has served us well, this myth of Christ." Which I think pretty much sums up the the greatest corporate entity known to humanity... The Catholic Church.

--Widely attributed to Leo X, the earliest known source of this statement is actually a polemical work by the Protestant John Bale, the anti-Catholic Acta Romanorum Pontificum, which was first translated from Latin into English as The Pageant of the Popes in 1574:--

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This is the teaching of Catholic catechism:

Do you believe that the Bible is complete without the Aprocrypha books?
Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that salvation is by grace through faith and not of works as stated in Ephesians 2:8-10? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that only those who believe should baptized as was done in Acts 2:41; 8:12; 10:47; 18:8 and therefore disagree with the Catholic Churches doctrine of infant baptism? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you agree with Paul that baptism is not part of the gospel (1 Cor 1:17) and therefore not required for salvation? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe the Bible when it says that we must be able to believe and repent before we are baptized (Acts 2:38)? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that confirmation is not a proper sacrament since it is not taught in the Bible? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you deny that Christ complete in body, blood, soul and divinity are present in the Eucharist? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you deny the doctrine of Transubstantiation since it is not taught in the scripture? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that Christ's sacrifice on the cross is the only sacrifice that will offer forgiveness of sins (Heb 10:12-14) and thefore deny that we receive forgiveness of sins by taking the Eucharist? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that we should not worship the bread of the Eucharist as if it were Christ complete? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that sacramental confession is not necessary to keep your salvation and that confessing secretly to priests is a doctrine made by man, not Christ? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that the Mass is NOT a real and true sacrifice offered to God because the Bible specifically says that there will be no more sacrifice for sins (Heb 10:18)? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe that the Mass is NOT a propitiatory sacrifice that should be offered for the sins of both the living and dead saints for forgiveness of sins, punishment, etc.? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you believe in the priesthood of the believers as stated in 1 Peter 2:9 and therefore do not believe that Catholic priests have the power to retain and forgive sins? Then you are considered anathema!

Do you deny the legitimacy of the bishops appointed by Rome? Then you are considered anathema!

This is not from the literal interpretation of the bible but from the catholic catechism. How many atheists have your church created? How many crusades? How many martyrs?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Verifying scripture with scripture sounds like circular reasoning to me--in opposition to logical thinking.

Just my opinion of course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/11/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

No, it is not quite circular logic.

Have you ever checked your work in Algebra?

X+1=2
-1 -1
X=1

Now let's verify math with math.

(1)+1=2

Same concept. The scriptures can't contradict themselves, just like X =/= 2

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join