It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I haven't professed to be anything. I just do not enjoy being lied to. My response is 4 hours late because I just got home and saw that this thread was still going on.

Being an "upstanding Christian" does not equate to being a pushover. I am sorry I do not fit into your mindset of a Christian but my Lord came with a sword and that sword should cut through all the garbage that is out there. I love my neighbor but please don't confuse love for weakness.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by colbe

I believe I understand it now, a little bit better. Thank you for helping to open my eyes to this. I will continue in prayer and try to grow closer to the Father and continue to seek insight and wisdom. Again thank you, and may God bless you, and peace be to you!
I am going to go study some more on this.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)
It took me a long time to finally understand the whole thing about the Eucharist ( I am not catholic, but we do partake in the Lord's Supper). This reminds me that I need to go and take part of this, as I haven't been to church in quite a while. Again, thank you for helping me to understand this.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

Veritas1,

I see why you question not being Catholic. Just remember, belief in the Holy Eucharist is TRUE faith. You don't
see a change in the host or if you receive the wine. Trust God, believe He can do anything. I repeat I know but
it is so important. When Jesus said in John 6:54 unless you receive, consume His body, you have no life in you. Jesus means, you have no "spiritual life" in you. If you came to believe the Holy Eucharist is true, all the questions you might have about the Church will be answered. You will get it, truly.

The Great Warning is soon. After the Great Warning, there will be no divide in Christianity, Protestants,
Eastern Orthodox, the RCC. We will all believe the same. Get a head start, you can attend Holy Mass but
until you become Roman Catholic you cannot go up to receive. Be patient, in the mean time, say a prayer,
it's called making a Spiritual Communion. Ask Our Lord in prayer to come to you in a spiritual Communion,
He knows, you're not Roman Catholic yet. As God is my witness, He will send you a special grace. Do this
every day, more than once a day if you like, until the time of the Great Warning.

You'll understand better then.

And one other, go to a Catholic Church, if it is locked, tell those in the Parish Office or Rectory you wish to pray in front of the Tabernacle. Whoever may unlock the Church or direct you to a Eucharistic Adoration Chapel in the Parish. Jesus is held there in the Monstrance, the sacred consecated host to see. Getting to my point, sitting, kneeling in front of Christ in the Tabernacle or the Monstrance, you will receive God's grace.

Have I totally confused you? I am sorry, there's so much to share, to benefit.

colbe

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

the first US president was actually peyton randolph but the HIS-story books state that George Washington was the first president... probably cause he was the first free-masonic president ?

Anyways its sad to see alot of hate that these people have for their creator... denying his existence when the signs of his existence and the existence of evil is all around us. the battle were fighting today is a spiritual one against the wicked people in high places. whats the point of fighting for freedom and a better ruled government when you are spiritually weak and will die with no salvation ?

I'll say this... it is very easy... very easy to be an atheist when you've grown up not knowing God and living your life doing well in society, working, having a good job and just being the typical family guy but it is very difficult to be an atheist when your on your death bed cause you will start to think and wonder WHAT IF those guys who believed in Jesus were right ? WHAT IF there is an after life ? and by that time it will be too late to save yourself because you have not accepted him.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I did as you suggested and it did indeed make for better reading.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Spruk

That is pretty cool that you got to work with The Great Bible
It came from the Latin Vulgate and Tyndale. I agree with you about the closer to the source for accuracy.

Oh please dont get me wrong i dont study the bible or spiritual texts, I'm actually trained in forensics and as always with religious people, it was a chance meeting, to which instead of "snubbing" the chance i embraced a chance to look at something to which your average joe wouldnt.

The main thing of which i struggle with is people with blind faith (do not confuse this with Devout) in the current testament without looking into the full history, these (to me) are generally the ones that quote the NT at me when asking questions, to those i just ignore because i know full well having a meaningful discussion of their faith is going to be impossible.

Believe it or not the BEST and most interesting converstaions i have had where with members of the cloth, they encouraged my questions and thirst for knowledge, and to gain said knowledge you must first try and find its beginings. But thats a personal philosophy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's funny, isn't it, that a book of hogwash fairy tails becomes the most sought after book in the HIStory of mankind.

Seems to me the hysteria would have died out long ago.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

I think that you bringing forensics into it has made it even more interesting to me. I, too do not agree with blind faith. I believe that the truth needs to be tested and researched. How can someone be devout in their faith without knowing where it originates from?

Although I consider my self devout in my faith, I do not suggest that I have any kind of proof behind my faith. I personally believe that faith can only be present in the absence of proof. Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Your council on the table of Jesus Christ is disgusting, dangerous, and an abomination to the living God.

Not to mention, made up, and flat out, totally against the scriptures.

But peace and love all the well.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I am wondering what facts you base this statement on? Is the bible portrayed as a book of fairy "tales" in some book that you have read? Or has someone told you this revelation? Do you possess the true origins of our reality? If so, please share. Thank you in advance.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I was simply quoting a few of the bible bashers in the beginning of this discussion......As I came in at halftime, so to speak

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Spruk

I think that you bringing forensics into it has made it even more interesting to me. I, too do not agree with blind faith. I believe that the truth needs to be tested and researched. How can someone be devout in their faith without knowing where it originates from?

Although I consider my self devout in my faith, I do not suggest that I have any kind of proof behind my faith. I personally believe that faith can only be present in the absence of proof. Just my thoughts.

And this is what i try and convey to people, perhaps its my delivery on the subject I'm unsure. I dont go around saying "xxxxxxx religion is wrong, because there is no proof!!!!!!1111!!!1elventy". The cathloic faith as an exmaple encourages these types of converstaions (For those who dont know).

So it looks like you and i would get along like a house on fire, you have your devout faith (and good on you!), but you dont impress these beliefs on others (which personally is what i personally enjoy). If only there was more of you

But on topic, and where i was headed is (and micmerci has assisted me) scripture has been used on so many occasions to predict things or/and explain events to someone elses gain (material, faith, control or other), these dates or events pass and they are forgotten, yet if you try and locate these passages in the older bibles its very hard or its completely different. If you ask me Churches should have all of the various bible revisions on hand for their followers to read through, just so they can see the progression of the testaments during the passage of time.

As for my forensics, i'm qualified, however i do not work in the area. Lucky for me the need for forensic analysis/criminalists isnt really in high demand

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Upon rereading the post, I now get the sarcastic intent. I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. Sometimes I feel like Sheldon Cooper in regards to sarcasm

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I actually know better than to enter in to these debates, but sometimes I can not resist.

I have a tremendously hard time with organized religion, and feel like I have to reply when there seems to be one truly seeking truth, and then to be lead astray with some of mans best intentions.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I am sorry about the pride in sarcasm........It is one of those things that is the hardest to lay aside.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yea I hear you. And I'm right there with you. I try to avoid speaking up but when I see someone getting attacked from all sides, I get sucked in. You'd think I would learn.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

I have read the Tanakh in Hebrew.

I have read the Torah from an actual scroll.

The problem with Christianity today is the throwing out of the Tanakh, and trying to rely completely on the New Testament.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Can you please explain where in the scriptures it says, "become a Roman Catholic and then receive his body and blood."

Do you realize what you are doing by making this requirement of a man seeking to know the truth?

edit on 11-10-2011 by radpetey because: me be spelling challanged

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That is quite interesting. Are you fluent in Hebrew? I am studying Hebrew and find it very interesting and inspirational.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Spruk

I have read the Tanakh in Hebrew.

I have read the Torah from an actual scroll.

The problem with Christianity today is the throwing out of the Tanakh, and trying to rely completely on the New Testament.

Spoken like a true gentleman. But that would be a bit of a generalization from my experience, l the new testament has a lot of stuff "missing" which was in earlier editions, and some passages are summarized or just dropped all together. See my few posts above about having all of the editions of the bibles available (for the specific faith) via the priests/clerics.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Things are starting to get noticeably weird lately - like a natural disaster is coming soon.

My Cap N Crunch has lost its crunchiness faster than ever before. However, when I eat the ones with Crunch Berries in them the milk does not turn pink.

Something is up

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join