It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by brindle

. . .bet you even think it was an apple in the garden too, huh?? . . .

Hit the nail on the head. lol

Originally posted by brindle

. . .

Science cant even accurately say when man originated but the bible can tell you their names and that they liked to eat apples.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Rodrick is in error, major error about paragraph #9. The persecution of the faith has gone on for 2000 years and we are in a time when it is going to get much worse. If you oppose the Church, you gotta change because the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

Our Lord Jesus Christ, His words you can read in an excerpt from a message given a Latin American seer. Try to connect what Jesus is saying with disbelief now. What Christians deny the Real Presence, deny the most Holy Eucharist by professing it is not Christ present in the consecrated host but only a symbol? If Christ's teaching, a perfect example of faith is not true, why is the Real Presence going to be outlawed by the anti-Christ?

September 18, 2011

...Fire will descend from on high, fire of the same sin. Physical fire and spiritual fire. It will make man look within himself even without wishing it. I AM AN INSTANT AWAY.

I come to conquer over evil.

I come for the false prophet and the antichrist.

My Eucharistic Sacrament will be outlawed by the antichrist.

DO NOT FAIL, I AM WITH MY PEOPLE...

I COME TO RESTORE EVERYTHING CREATED IN MY WILL.

Is this prophecy given on September 18, 2011 untrue or is the writer of the 12 points wrong?

bumping this up question,

colbe

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I will certainly pray more about this, and I thank you for your comments. I am trying to see the truth, and praying for guidance. I try not to listen to what unbelievers say. God bless you, and peace be to you.
sorry, Im not quite sure what your question is..
edit on 11-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

so be it. It is dropped. And the same for you as well. I don't take kindly to threats.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Okay, Mr. I-have-a-PhD-in-Theology--but-can't-use-correct-grammar-or-punctuation . . .

Bring it.

The bible was just a book written to make money,sorry to break the news.

Please explain your position. This should be interesting.

You make the claim, you back it up.

There was no original writers.

So the Bible just materialized out of thin air?

o_O

None of the stories in the bible have a shred of fact to them.

Educate yourself, Mr. PhD.

They even had to make up a sensational story about the first man and woman to walk the earth.

You mean like the sensational story that amoebas turned to fish that turned to dogs that turned to monkeys that turned to humans?

Science cant even accurately say when man originated but the bible can tell you their names

And yet the problem is the Bible?

Seems science has the issue

and that they liked to eat apples.

Please show me where it says that they liked to eat apples.

It is just a total work of science fiction.

Science fiction is a genre of fiction dealing with imaginary but more or less plausible (or at least non-supernatural) content such as future settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, aliens, and paranormal abilities. Exploring the consequences of scientific innovations is one purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas".

Wrong genre there. smarty-pants.

The bible is a story about people who supposedly lived 2000 years.

Supposedly?

There is actual historical proof.

An original writer would have been somebody who was writing this book at the time these stories happened.

So according to your logic, no history books are correct, because they were not writing them at the time the events happened.

Riiiiight

There was no original writer of the bible

So it just . . . materialized?

The bible was put together by an old school version of a corporate scheme to rake in billions.

Proof?

The plan worked to perfection.The bible became the best selling book of all time and furthered the plan to believing that these people existed.

The Bible is not the only proof of the people existing

Oh yea,just for good measure lets make jesus and all of his drinking buddies saints.Yea,thats the ticket.Make all kis family and other relatives saints too.

And now you go off on the Catholic church. Stay on topic please.

We will tighten up the restrictions on becoming a saint in a thousand years or so,but we have to sell some books,and this is good stuff.

So the Catholic church makes exorbitant profits off the selling of the Bible?

Proof?

One person alone couldnt write a fiction novel that big.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and The Gunslinger series by Stephen King, just to name two out of the hundreds of big fiction novels.

animals are running everywhere,2 of eack kind too.

Can you please point me to the verse that you are referencing?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
With this fictional character JESUS CHRIST, it's all peace an love. With his fictional dad, "aka God" it's all blood an war, pain an suffering, kick your ass if you don't believe an repent now the end is near.

Religious nuts, just like the sound of blowing there own trumpets and spreading fear for their own intentions.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
With this fictional character JESUS CHRIST, it's all peace an love. With his fictional dad, "aka God" it's all blood an war, pain an suffering, kick your ass if you don't believe an repent now the end is near.

. . .

Yee-haw!

Another person who thinks that they know the scriptures, but know absolutely nothing.

Sit down before you hurt yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Ah, ok, now I understand, I think. I hope take part of the holy eucharist during the 2nd passover. I know what I believe and whom I believe in and why. Thank you for your words.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I'm going to respond directly to you, id most certainly like to ask you this (as i do ask most religious peoples), so please do not take offense or/and directly attack me as a response.

Have you read all editions of the bible? If so any chance you can list off their print dates and titles?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by colbe

I will certainly pray more about this, and I thank you for your comments. I am trying to see the truth, and praying for guidance. I try not to listen to what unbelievers say. God bless you, and peace be to you.
sorry, Im not quite sure what your question is..

Veritas1,

Thanks for your kind reply. My question in the previous was - If Jesus Christ, truly present in the consecrated
host, the Holy Eucharist isn't true, why is the anti-Christ going to try and abolish the Holy Eucharist by outlawing it?

The reason why Mr. Meridth in the OP has it completely wrong. Of course he would, he's a heretic professing
the Eucharist is only a symbol because heretics cannot confect the Holy Eucharist.

I am telling you with all my heart, believe in God's presence in the Holy Eucharist and you will make it through
Tribulation and the Chastisement to enter the new time of God. The 7th Day.

Reread the Book of Daniel. the Jewish People and non-Catholic Christians have no sacrifice at present. What
in the world is Daniel keep refering to saying the "continual sacrifice" wil be abolished? It's a prophecy
just as Our Lord said to the Latin seer on September 18, 2011. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is going to
abolished, meaning the words of consecration changed so there is no Holy Eucharist. The greatest means to
God's grace is to receive God Himself in the Eucharist. This is abolishment of the Eucharist (only for a time,
thank the Lord) in the book of Daniel it is called the "abomination of desolation."

Don't be deceived, see in #9, quite the opposite, Mr. Meridth's words:

9. today, most observers see a modernized and confused Roman Catholic Church, wounded by scandals of pedophilia and other immoral practices. Contrary to many expectations, prophecy reveals that a re-energized, unified and powerful Roman Church will emerge as a world-leading influence over the next several years. Near the end of this age, the leader of that church will appear to work miracles. Scripture describes this man as one who literally "makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men" (Revelation 13:13). This leader and his church, working in tandem with the revived Holy Roman Empire, will persecute the true people of God, much as it did in the Dark Ages (Revelation 17:6).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I believe I understand it now, a little bit better. Thank you for helping to open my eyes to this. I will continue in prayer and try to grow closer to the Father and continue to seek insight and wisdom. Again thank you, and may God bless you, and peace be to you!
I am going to go study some more on this.
It took me a long time to finally understand the whole thing about the Eucharist ( I am not catholic, but we do partake in the Lord's Supper). This reminds me that I need to go and take part of this, as I haven't been to church in quite a while. Again, thank you for helping me to understand this.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory
too bad the bible isnt real

the Bible is the testament of the people who lived at the time and witnessed the events written in it.

but i supposed napolean wasn't real either because he wasn't on t.v. or plato 2500 years ago and george washington wasn't americas first president because the people who witnessed his inauguration all lied.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by Spruk

All versions?

There is one version with many translations.

Why do you ask?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Spruk

All versions?

There is one version with many translations.

Why do you ask?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Because a lot of people have not read the first testament of the bible, and have only read (for an exampe) what is left in hotel rooms. Personally (seeing as i spend a bit of time out of town) have read a fair few bibles, not because i am religious, more about the curiosity/oddity that is these books/scripture, i wont proport to know every single verse or passage, but what i do understand is that each bible (or testament revision) is not subtly different, they are very different.

Have you read the first revision of the old testament?

I was fortunate enough to be at the university at the same time as several scholars, it was a VERY interesting week.

I will again say i am not a religious person, i do have friends/associates who are men and women of the cloth (of several faiths), i do not disregard what they say, or their blessings/prayers it is theirs (and your) right and freedom to have a faith.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

To name a few over the past 800 years:

Best Known Versions
American Standard Version (ASV)

Douay-Rheims (RHE)

English Standard Version (ESV)

GOD'S WORD Translation (GW)

Good News Translation (GNT)

Holman Christian Standard (CSB)

King James Version (KJV)

Lexham English Bible (LEB)

New American Standard (NAS)

New International Version (NIV)

New King James Version (NKJV)

New Living Translation (NLT)

New Revised Standard (NRS)

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

The Message (MSG)

Other Translations
Modern
Bible in Basic English (BBE)
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Hebrew Names Version (HNV)
New Century Version (NCV)
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
Third Millennium Bible (TMB)
Today's New International Version (TNIV)
World English Bible (WEB)
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
New Testament only
Weymouth New Testament (WNT)
Older Translations
The Darby Translation (DBY)
The Latin Vulgate (VUL)
The Webster Bible (WBT)
Wycliffe (WYC)
Spanish
La Biblia de las Américas (BLA)
La Biblia Reina-Valera (RVR)
Sagradas Escrituras (1569) (SEV)
French
Louis Segond 1910 (French) (LSG)
Ostervald (French) (OST)
German
Elberfelder 1905 (German) (ELB)
Luther Bible 1912 (German) (LUT)
Italian
Giovanni Diodati 1649 (Italian) (GDB)
Riveduta 1927 (Italian) (RIV)
Dutch
Statenvertaling (Dutch) (SVV)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Maybe I'm ignorant, but could you please enlighten me as to how you and the others on here believe the bible is anything more then a collection of stories, myths or whatever, created to control the hearts and minds of a people to ignorant to understand their reality?

As for Jesus Christ... I believe it was Pope Leo X who said something along the lines of "It has served us well, this myth of Christ." Which I think pretty much sums up the the greatest corporate entity known to humanity... The Catholic Church.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And I can't believe that I forgot Dr. Brindle translation. (The famous onsite ATS' own PhD. of Theology)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You certainly have a rather large resume certainly more vast than my own, probably because i tend to branch out to other religious types/sub-types/revisions along the way.

The oldest text to which i was privy too was Great Bible (1539), granted i was not allowed to touch the original copy, so the proverbial "working version" was images. I've always worked under the logic that "the closer to the date of publish (In this instance Christ's spoken word) would be closer to the truth (so to speak, i am not disregarding any religion, just using this as an example).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Almost four hours after Brindle's last post on this thread and you, a fine upstanding Christian, are still making fun of him. Pretty cruel for a Christian if you ask me. But then again in these last days, I suppose that a lot of Christians are writing their own version of what that means to suit their own proclivities.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

That is pretty cool that you got to work with The Great Bible
It came from the Latin Vulgate and Tyndale. I agree with you about the closer to the source for accuracy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join