It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by brindle

Oh please, please tell me the title so that I can run right out and buy it!!! (I sit on edge of seat with baited breath awaiting response)
Read Herman munsters guide to cool lunch boxes and keepin it real with lili and grandpa.

Sooo...is that snarky "reply" supposed to give your argument credence??

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by brindle

Oh please, please tell me the title so that I can run right out and buy it!!! (I sit on edge of seat with baited breath awaiting response)
Read Herman munsters guide to cool lunch boxes and keepin it real with lili and grandpa.

Sooo...is that snarky "reply" supposed to give your argument credence??

Trying to infuse some people with intelligence is too much of a task .Reading one of my books wont assist in his quest for knowledge.It will only confuse him to a higher degree and shake his faith in a book that has translated more times than a screen door slams open and shut in a tornado.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I am not trying to argue you with you my friend. Just look it up and do the research for yourself. Please. Don't take my word for it. Peace and have a good day.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Please, enlighten me. I am willing to learn, and I would even retract that statement if you showed me why they are not. Please...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know, brother. I used my God filter on the OP and didn't get much after.

What made it through sounded a lot like it was written with a real slant towards what white people need to do.

Ima rank this up to chaff.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Ok, I found the original article online here...I did NOT write it, as I stated in the OP that I did not...I do agree that there seems to be a racist slant to it...but I don't know...here is the ORIGINAL article
www.tomorrowsworld.org...

edit on 11-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Aww, that's just too bad that there are no Gods, Angels or Jesus Christ!

The true meaning of the bible is in another direction! Look to the sky, smoke, fire and loud noise's! You know what im talking about. Behold our space-brothers! Not gloryfied Gods or other biblical creatures. The Ancient Astronout Theory will prove to be right! Wait and see my friends!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NorwegianTruthHunter

Who created the Ancient Aliens? I have no doubt there are plenty of other races of people much smarter and advanced than us. Something had to create them.

Peace to all

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

The old testament that article's author ( Roderick C. Meredith of the Worldwide Church of God) references so much tells of "men of God" committing murder, having many adulterous relationships, stoning people, selling their very young daughters off, deceiving their parents to steal a brothers birthright, even more murder (including women and children), deception, and debauchery.

All the while the author claims to be speaking the Truth. He is a member of a faction of evangelicals that say THEY know the Truth. That faction is a small part of a religion in which every faction claims to be preaching the Truth, even though all these factions disagree with each other on many important points.

Every religion and belief system in the history of the world has claimed to be the one "real" Truth...

See where I am going with this?

What makes you so sure that this one man's interpretation, from one faction of one church, of one religion is the correct way to view things??

Who's to say that the actual truth wasn't completely lost thousands of years ago, and nobody today is correct?

Who's to say there even IS ONE actual, real Truth???

Until a few years ago when it embraced mainstream Christianity, the Worldwide Church of God was a cult of Christianity (a theological designation indicating a movement that rejects or twists one or more essentials doctrines of the Christian faith). After Armstrong's death in 1986, the Worldwide Church of God underwent changes that, while subtle at first, set it on a path toward schism. By 1995, its leadership had repudiated much of Armstrong's "end-time" theology and even jettisoned hallmarks that helped define the church — worship on Saturday instead of Sunday, for example, and mandatory tithing. It also accepted the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which Armstrong had disavowed. The turn toward mainstream Christianity prompted the formation of eight breakaway churches.

Armstrong held to some unconventional Christian beliefs, including that the Sabbath should be celebrated on Saturday and that holy days on the calendar are those given in Leviticus, which included holidays such as Passover. He also emphasized that the end of time was coming soon. After Armstrong's death in 1986, his church ruled that some of these beliefs were in error and moved toward the mainstream of the evangelical world, Tabor said. Meredith remained more faithful to the original Armstrong positions and broke away. In 2003, Meredith's church, now known as the Living Church of God, moved its headquarters from San Diego to Charlotte. Tabor described the church as conservative and evangelical, but said, "The key thing would be apocalyptic."

In its Official Statement of Fundamental Beliefs on its Web site, the church says its mission includes: "To preach the true Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ to all nations as a witness" and "to preach the end-time prophecies and to warn the English-speaking nations and all the world of the coming Great Tribulation." The church holds generally that members should not take part in politics, juries or military service, and it continues to observe the Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. Tabor said that although the church puts "strong emphasis on the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith," including its Sabbath and holiday observances, it would not be correct to view it as connected to Judaism. The church believes strongly in the divine identity of Jesus. "They would tend to really revere the Old Testament alongside the New Testament more than most Christian groups do," Tabor said.

Due to its rejection of some of the essential doctrines of the Christian faith, the Living Church of God is considered to be - theologically - a cult of Christianity. [Click here for information about the difference between theological and sociological definitions of the term 'cult.] In The News The Living Church of God is currently in the news because of a shooting that took place at one of its services

www.apologeticsindex.org...

edit on 10/11/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I know you didn't write the chaff, but you at least thought it was worthy enough to post here and you've obviously supported it.

What are you trying to say?

You just brought it up for discussion?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Ok, I have to say thank you for showing that to me...I did not know that it was considered a cult, but now that I have seen this, I will man up and admit that I was wrong, but it does not take away my faith in God or Christ.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I brought it up because I thought it was a relevant, interesting, and very real scenario...look at the way things are going in the United States, which is primarily what the article is about, and just from a logical standpoint, it could happen if you deduce the religious overtones from it. Yes, I do agree that most of those things can and probably will happen if the situation continues to progress in the current direction.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Rodrick is in error, major error about paragraph #9. The persecution of the faith has gone on for 2000 years and we are in a time when it is going to get much worse. If you oppose the Church, you gotta change because the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

Our Lord Jesus Christ, His words you can read in an excerpt from a message given a Latin American seer. Try to connect what Jesus is saying with disbelief now. What Christians deny the Real Presence, deny the most Holy Eucharist by professing it is not Christ present in the consecrated host but only a symbol? If Christ's teaching, a perfect example of faith is not true, why is the Real Presence going to be outlawed by the anti-Christ?

September 18, 2011

...Fire will descend from on high, fire of the same sin. Physical fire and spiritual fire. It will make man look within himself even without wishing it. I AM AN INSTANT AWAY.

I come to conquer over evil.

I come for the false prophet and the antichrist.

My Eucharistic Sacrament will be outlawed by the antichrist.

DO NOT FAIL, I AM WITH MY PEOPLE...

I COME TO RESTORE EVERYTHING CREATED IN MY WILL.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
post removed by staff

Really? Thank you for making an online threat to me! If you didn't believe, you would not be offended, and would not have made this threat! You just prove one more thing that the bible says, my friend...
f the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you... If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you... because they do not know Him who sent Me."John 18:-21

John 17:14-18

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one."

edit on Tue Oct 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Rodrick is in error, major error about paragraph #9. The persecution of the faith has gone on for 2000 years and we are in a time when it is going to get much worse. If you oppose the Church, you gotta change because the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

Our Lord Jesus Christ, His words you can read in an excerpt from a message given a Latin American seer. Try to connect what Jesus is saying with disbelief now. What Christians deny the Real Presence, deny the most Holy Eucharist by professing it is not Christ present in the consecrated host but only a symbol? If Christ's teaching, a perfect example of faith is not true, why is the Real Presence going to be outlawed by the anti-Christ?

September 18, 2011

...Fire will descend from on high, fire of the same sin. Physical fire and spiritual fire. It will make man look within himself even without wishing it. I AM AN INSTANT AWAY.

I come to conquer over evil.

I come for the false prophet and the antichrist.

My Eucharistic Sacrament will be outlawed by the antichrist.

DO NOT FAIL, I AM WITH MY PEOPLE...

I COME TO RESTORE EVERYTHING CREATED IN MY WILL.

OP,

Your questions, it's easy to understand if you believe. Pray to God for the faith to believe something
supernatural. Faith defined is believing something unseen. Right?

The pinnacle of Catholicism is to belief God is present in the consecrated bread and wine. You see no change
so....you have to trust God, have faith, He can make it happen.

To receive God Himself!! Get it, what greater grace? Remember the prophecy above for soon God is going
to personally show every soul in the world, His presence in the Eucharist is really, really true.

Get ready now, say "I am going with that Catholic belief." Again, trust me, ask God in prayer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Did you come up with that insight yourself?

No...

It's obvious that the Inquisition is still going strong.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

you are the one that threatened me...I did not insult you or threaten you...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Please OP, I hope you reply.

God sees all of time, knows our fallen human nature, our pride. He would establish one authority. We can
know who He is because of that one authority. You will say yes or no when the 2nd Pentecost happens, say
yes to God, believe the Holy Eucharist is true and you will be okay.

Ditto for everyone else reading this thread.

Communion is juice and crackers, no thanks!!! Ridiculous heretics, hopefully and prayers said that they will change when God Himself shows them soon, when all the world experiences the Great Warning because He loves every soul.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join