It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by knowthepath

Actually, they already have begun to accept each other.....www.nowtheendbegins.com...
This is just one of many articles about the movement. Its called Chrislam...

Wait what?

you will find the acceptance is just some sects of each religious cast, and not the whole. The current pope preaches tolerance of Islam, but does not outright call them "brother" and "sisters".

Some casts or sects of Islam actually preach that not being a Muslim is against its teachings and they should be converted or killed.

For this to fully happen, both religions would have to change that dramatically that both of them would crumble. (Opinion based)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

All you have to do is look around to see that something is hard at work to make us all turn away from god. We have religion that has truth but has been distorted to make it sound uncredible, then we have new age religion that teaches that we are god (capital WTF to that). I have been moked for having beliefs
that other dont agree withb but that usualy comes from people with so little faith .

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by ShortMemory
too bad the bible isnt real

If the bible isnt real I guess I've never read one then, must of been a dream
edit on 12-10-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

if thats the only comeback you can think of i think you just proved my point 10x
of course its 'real' its just fictional..better?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas. -- George Carlin

If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed. -- George Carlin

Last quote sums it up pretty good. My bible studies are rusty...but if I remember correctly, we are all gods children and he loves us all. Yet for as far back as human history goes, people have been killing each other in gods name, and he's done nothing but stand by and watch.

I have kids. If they start fighting over a toy, I break it up and help them resolve their differences. This all seeing god, watches people get raped, tortured and mutilated in his name....yet does nothing?

9. today, most observers see a modernized and confused Roman Catholic Church, wounded by scandals of pedophilia and other immoral practices. Contrary to many expectations, prophecy reveals that a re-energized, unified and powerful Roman Church will emerge as a world-leading influence over the next several years. Near the end of this age, the leader of that church will appear to work miracles. Scripture describes this man as one who literally "makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men" (Revelation 13:13). This leader and his church, working in tandem with the revived Holy Roman Empire, will persecute the true people of God, much as it did in the Dark Ages (Revelation 17:6).
10. fearful of the power of this religio-political revival of the old Roman Empire, a group of Arab states in the Middle East and North Africa will form an alliance, led by a ruler described in Scripture as the "king of the South" (Daniel 11:40–45). This king and his forces will provoke or attack the coming European Beast Power. Their action will precipitate a dangerous Middle East war that will eventually crush the spreading threat of Islam.

Perhaps I'm not comprehending this right. To me, and what I learned in church was that the bible is all about interpretation, this sounds like getting rid of all the non-beleivers. Like Islam getting rid of infidels, which is apparantly evil, like Hitler getting rid of non-arians, again evil.

You can have your god. He is no father to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I have done research into it. I find nothing in there that supports anything other then that it is a collection of stories. Albeit, some of the stories MAY have a slight bases in fact... It does not show me that it is to be taken in any context other then that they are stories and myths. This is why I ask you to enlighten me... What is it you and others know that myself and MANY others have missed. And telling me to research it is evading the question...

And yes, these stories were created to keep the people under control. FEAR GOD.... WORSHIP GOD... Or pay the price... Sounds like a controlling tactic there...

Yes, you are right about the Leo X quote... I bow to that one...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

There are numerous contradictions in the bible... COME ON!!!. Have you actually read it yourself? Are you going to tell us the bible DOESN'T contradict itself?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naydrus
Perhaps I'm not comprehending this right. To me, and what I learned in church was that the bible is all about interpretation, this sounds like getting rid of all the non-beleivers. Like Islam getting rid of infidels, which is apparantly evil, like Hitler getting rid of non-arians, again evil.

You can have your god. He is no father to me.

Apparantly evil? Hitler? Tell me what evil is non-believer. Where do you get such a concept? Do you know what symbolic interactionism is? Yep, lots of questions, but explain to me what evil and good is. Where do they come from? Can you do that?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Much of what is written in the Bible has archaeological evidence that most other religions and myths cannot support. And what are all the "contradictions" that you speak of? Everybody hates the bible and its prophesies, yet they love to hear some crap from somebody like ET_Man or any other alien prophecies. The idea of aliens is cool and the Christian god is not.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Brian2384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384

Much of what is written in the Bible has archaeological evidence that most other religions and myths cannot support. And what are all the "contradictions" that you speak of? Everybody hates the bible and its prophesies, yet they love to hear some crap from somebody like ET_Man or any other alien prophecies. The idea of aliens is cool and the Christian god is not.

Brian,
So true and who can figure? All the nutty threads about aliens. Where is the good fruit
of the alien and UFO sightings, whatever? They are a deception. It is all demonic.

And about contradictions in Scripture. There aren't any. The heresy professed that anyone can interpret Scripture (PIOS) is the reason you think there are contradictions and all the disagreement since 1517 about the meaning of Scripture. Wasted time. God gave the authority to interpret Scripture to the Church. It fits, the Church canonized Scripture.

Read the footnotes of the English translation of St.Jerome's Latin Vulgate, the first
Bible. It's called the Douay-Rheims Bible.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384

thats simply not true, any evidence is circumstantial.. just listing historical areas doesnt back up the stories.
the bible is full of contradiction, primarly used to confuse the readers identity on a spiritual level.
Bible contradictions 1
Bible contradictions 2
even christians hate to hear parts of their own bible, they pick and choose which words of god to obey when your god clearly asks you to follow all of his words.
the idea of aliens is way more probable and actually bases its ideas in logic. Were not intreseted in it because someone told us to be, we realise the fact our universe is larger then most could imagine and find it hard to believe that we are the centre of our universe like your religion suggests.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach
Well at least some of it's true-the Roman catholic church has always persecuted people of God.
Same old story though really,doom and gloom,hell fire and brimstone,repent or else.

All Empires crumble in the end it's an act of millions of random consequences building up over years that lead to their demise.
I think everyone feels there is a major catastrophe coming but it will be an act of consequence to.
Any Charlatan religious nut claiming their God did it because we did'nt believe or we sinned is sadly delusional and should be laughed at mercilessly for they are the biggest fools on the planet bar none.

southbeach, hello,

I object to your first sentence. Explain. Everything you know of Christ comes from
the Catholic Church.

The fullest means to God's grace is found in the same place the fullness of Truth is, in
Christ's Church, the RCC.

The Remnant is Roman Catholic. Watch and see, better, become Roman Catholic
now, begin...before the Great Warning. Read a Catholic Bible, read Catholic writings...
Read the Catechism.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by 001ggg100

Yes, I have actually read it, and I am telling you there is no contradictions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Brian2384

First off, I don't believe in prophecies... Man made OR of the ET variety... Secondly, ALL myths and stories are grounded in a fact of some kind, ie place names and such. But that alone does not prove the stories are true. Take a look at any fiction. Real places are used to give it a sense of realism.

As for contradictions,

www.philvaz.com...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...

To name but a few...

As for GOD itself... Well, You folks insist on giving GOD a human personality. Your GOD is jealous, vengeful, egotistical, ego-maniacal, demands obedience and worship... If HE doesn't get that, HE condemns your soul to eternal damnation... But HE LOVES you... Sounds like someone with a serious split personality issue. So if you insist on believing in a GOD with these traits then I assume you believe that GOD is a actual flesh and blood being... And that could only mean HE is an Alien... Or some inter-dimensional being. Either way, your GOD is seriously flawed. To attribute human characteristics to a force that created everything is the height of arrogance...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Lemon.Fresh, no you have not read the bible. If you had, and read it with open eyes, you would see it is full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Understand the bible was written by many hands over many centuries. Of course there will be inconsistencies and contradictions. These stories were written to fit their time and situation. There is a reason the Church did not want the lay person reading the bible for themselves... For the simple reason they didn't want the lay person to know of the contradictions... People would start to then question the validity of this book. Once that happens, the Church would begin to lose control over it's flock...

I believe you and others like you are fanatics... You either refuse to or are unable to see this. And that makes for an intelligent debate, impossible....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Yeah, the 2000 people who claim they have "heard the voice of god" are all freaking insane, they are nuts, mentally damaged goods. Any person with a shred of free thinking is going to realized they are being duped. If you want to be an idiot and give in to social brainwashing, go for it, I'm sick of this thread and 80% of its occupants. I'm going to take my intelligence and voice of reason to somewhere where it will actually be heeded rather than chalked up to ANOTHER DISBELIEVER! Blasphemy!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

...Do I believe in Aliens? YES... I believe the Universe it full of life. Do I believe that Aliens are coming to Earth? I would have to say NO. I don't see enough evidence to support that.

...Do I believe in GOD? YES... I just don't believe in the GOD of your Religion. I believe GOD is a force of life... A Universal consciousness... I don't believe GOD cares one way or the other about what we do to each other... And in that, I see it everyday... I certainly don't believe GOD is a HE or a SHE....

I'm more apt to believe in Aliens visiting Earth then the GOD of Religion. Because if you really believe in that GOD, with all HIS faults, then that GOD must be a flesh and blood being... and therefore must either be an Alien or some inter-dimensional being... And certainly NOT responsible for creating the Universe....

Could you please explain to me why your GOD would give humans the intellect to figure out everything from agriculture to quantum physics? But yet we are to stupid or ignorant to understand the bible...?

"God gave the authority to interpret Scripture to the Church. It fits, the Church canonized Scripture."... In other words, because we are not members of the clergy, we are too stupid to understand it... Yeah, that's a really air tight argument there... I'm actually looking for an intelligent debate here... Not the old "Take to the hand" routine...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100

Lemon.Fresh, no you have not read the bible.

I must have been reading the Gunslinger, then.

Apologies

If you had, and read it with open eyes, you would see it is full of inconsistencies and contradictions.

Those are perceived and are caused by a lack of understanding.

Understand the bible was written by many hands over many centuries.

Inspired by YHWH

Of course there will be inconsistencies and contradictions.

Such as? I have gone through this many times on ATS. Once more would not hurt, I suppose.

These stories were written to fit their time and situation.

Really? If you have failed to notice . . .humanity has not really changed much in the last 4000 years.

There is a reason the Church did not want the lay person reading the bible for themselves...

I am a far cry from Catholic, or even Protestant.

But the claim you have made is patently false.

But please, bring your sources to the table.

For the simple reason they didn't want the lay person to know of the contradictions...

Source?

People would start to then question the validity of this book. Once that happens, the Church would begin to lose control over it's flock...

Source?

I believe you and others like you are fanatics...

Awesome! Yeshua and his disciples were labeled a fanatic as well. I am in good company.

You either refuse to or are unable to see this.

It is both actually. I refuse to acknowledge false information, and I am unable to see any actual facts presented.

And that makes for an intelligent debate, impossible....

Bowing out so quickly? Without even providing supporting evidence for debate and rebuttal?

I have not seen an intelligent debate from you. Just accusations with no support.

Son, I am disappoint

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have asked you to enlighten me as to your point of view. You refuse by feeding me the old "research for yourself" ploy. You and the rest are very good at misdirection. You evade the topic and just say we are wrong. If you remember, I asked you to enlighten me. You refuse, hence you are unable to engage in an intelligent debate.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Research for yourself means I dont have a clue .

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 001ggg100

I have asked you to enlighten me as to your point of view.

My point of view is that there are no contradictions.

YOU claim that there are, so YOU must furnish them?

How am I supposed to prove my point if I do not believe your view is correct?

Logic here, man.

You refuse by feeding me the old "research for yourself" ploy.

Ploy. Laughable. How about you actually give me some evidence to your claims.

You and the rest are very good at misdirection.

Says the person who has yet to provide proof of their claims.

You evade the topic and just say we are wrong.

Actually, I have asked you many times to show proof of your claims, so I can dismantle them one by one, as I have done before on this site.

Still waiting on you to put up

If you remember, I asked you to enlighten me.

Which I did. AGain, my point of view is that there are no contradictions.

Shazaam! You are now enlightened . . . again!

So are going to provide supporting evidence for your claim?

You refuse, hence you are unable to engage in an intelligent debate.

Pot, meet kettle.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join