It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Key Events that are Just Ahead

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

1. America's downward spiral will continue until the nation is destroyed. Of course, there will be minor ups and downs along the way. But, unless Americans repent, the God of heaven will "break" their nation's pride and power—certainly including the financial power that has made possible the "American dream," which so many around the world have admired.abcnews.go.com...

Just curious, you say it's god that will bring down the big corporations? So you are ruling out the fact that people can think for themselves and possibly, just possibly act out against it?

I believe in God. Maybe not your God. But I believe in the God. Whomever, whatever, where itis the being is.
But come on. I hate bible thumpers. Not EVERYTHING has to do with God. Seriously, otherwise why would he create us or life or anything. What's the point?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
reply to post by Veritas1

One thing is true: God gave his only son, Jesus, to die for our sins that we may be saved from this wretched world and all depravity centered within it. I am not trying to " win over " anyone, but one must understand and accept, without doubt that the Bible is the written word of God. Why are men, who are so quick to pass judgement on the writer of this topic? I'll tell you in a quick manner: Judgement is left of God. He gave us the Bible to serve as a " Real life guide " on how to live our lives trying to help our fellow man and to do right with all we encounter. He built it, he can destroy it in any fashion he pleases. I have a question for those who think there is no God.

Who made the color of a yellow rose yellow? Who made that decision?
Who made the sky blue?
Who makes the gravity of our earth just so that we are in the perfect order from the sun to enjoy life as we know it?
Many, many, more questions for those who doubt. I'd be satisfied with the answer to the first question. God is real.

My mom told me many years ago that she brought me into this world, and she can take me out. She is right. God has the final say-so though. Peace. Out.

*cracks knuckles* Ah I love bible people. This is why I am spiritual and not religious.

Who made the color of a yellow rose yellow? Who made that decision?

Definitely could not be the right hues come together when the object is formed through photosynthesis. Totally irrational right there.

Who made the sky blue?
Definitely not the reflection of the vast amount of water being picked up my reflectors in the sky, say a layer of o zone. Totally irrational.

God used a paint brush to color these things.
This is the only rational thing

See where I'm getting at? God is great, sure. He gives life, possibly. He is all and forever. Maybe.
But the bible being his only outing? Not a chance.
Thats my biggest beef with you religious folk. It's "believe me or your wrong"
How hypocritical can you be.

Is it really hard to think that every sacred textbook is a piece to the grand puzzle. Remember the tower of babel? All one language then as they tried to go close to the heavens they broke off? Sounds like religion right there to me. Its a different languages take on it. Everything is word of mouth. So you can have a hallucination and think you're seeing god, ok. Well let me enlighten you to something. I am a very spiritual person. I believe I have something called a fourth dimension (got told that by my grandparents when I was younger. Still have no clear idea of it) and I believe in psychic powers. So I can believe in some very out there stuff. But I cannot believe in one books word. Its too biased. The bible is more for teaching morals than anything. It's not there's a god up there with a paint brush coloring everything and peeing out rain so that life can be given.
Repent, Repent! You're all doomed!

No.

You are brain washed. because you went to church at such an early age. You only know one side.
Free your mind.

BTW I used to be an altar boy. Also? I want to help heaven destroy demons. Im not agnostic, I have my beliefs. But I think realistically. Not what im force fed. I hope you can open up yourself to the fact you cant have one side. You need all to have the complete puzzle.

/rant

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is good you speak up: Indeed there are many about that will scorn you, and even more that may wish you the worst. Does it really matter what anyone says about this? They will either believe or they will not.
Strong delusion has been sent and they cannot perceive neither can they understand. That is what being deceived is all about. So I will flag and star you because there is a reason for your thread, and as I can understand it, even though they will not believe, it is paramount that they be found "without excuse". Let them ridicule.
This thread informs them of the truth though they refuse it. In so doing you have exposed them to the truth, so that they may be found to be without excuse in the end. No one on earth has the final word. That is reserved for God alone.
Let them speak their mind without cause. It will come to nothing.
Keep up the good work. and a word for anyone who responds to me.....I will not respond to hatred, attacks or diatribes.
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Just going to throw this out there to boggle your mind.
What if you're being decieved. Not us who think outside the box.
Just a scenario. You know the devil is cunning. Most people would see the devils work and not go towards it nowadays. People know whats up and how the devil is decietful so people are on guard.

But dont you think the devil MAY be cunning enough to brainwash with religion? Hel (lol), maybe he's how the tower of babel broke off into seperate sections.

Everything is a theory. Literally everything. Even what you believe in. If you say I am wrong then you are accepting to the fact you believe "I am right and if you do not believe me, you are wrong"

Sure I may sound hypocritical by saying the above stuff. But it needs to be said. Some people need to wake up a little more. You're all on track.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Again. The Universe, nor earth for that matter, does not revolve around your Bible fairy tale. The Universe is God, and your god will not save you or have any influence whatsoever over planet Earth's eventual cosmic fate. That's the simple truth. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
The bible was just a book written to make money,sorry to break the news.

Ha ha. That has to be the most ignornat statement on ATS. A book written as a history and guide of a people thousands of year ago was written to make money.... Ha ha ha h. Sorry but think about what you said. It's really funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Originally posted by brindle
The bible was just a book written to make money,sorry to break the news.

Ha ha. That has to be the most ignornat statement on ATS. A book written as a history and guide of a people thousands of year ago was written to make money.... Ha ha ha h. Sorry but think about what you said. It's really funny.

To be fair, there are plenty of books like that out there. We just label them non fiction.

But if we were to declare the bible that, then all hell would break lose.

Think about it

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Interesting post but it is an example of interpreting the world and events rather than the truth. Superstition is not the only way to make sense of naturally occurring events but it is a way of deluding massive populations into even more ridiculous scenarios... like wars that protect the interest and backsides of so few and as a by product it also empowers the superstitious with their limited world views and their unlimited super egos.

Extinctions, floods, droughts, diseases, earthquakes, ice ages and climate change in general have been in motion since year dot. It doesn't take a lot of thought to see where strong superstitions will lead, just as they have in the past. Man is the creator of its own suffering while people either survive, adapt or die from natural events.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
reply to post by DavidsHope

Just going to throw this out there to boggle your mind.
What if you're being decieved. Not us who think outside the box.
Just a scenario. You know the devil is cunning. Most people would see the devils work and not go towards it nowadays. People know whats up and how the devil is decietful so people are on guard.

But dont you think the devil MAY be cunning enough to brainwash with religion? Hel (lol), maybe he's how the tower of babel broke off into seperate sections.

Everything is a theory. Literally everything. Even what you believe in. If you say I am wrong then you are accepting to the fact you believe "I am right and if you do not believe me, you are wrong"

Sure I may sound hypocritical by saying the above stuff. But it needs to be said. Some people need to wake up a little more. You're all on track.

Well I agree totally that the Satan is so deceitful that he indeed does a lot of work on religion. I look at the church today and see a real mess. Not what was intended when one goes back more than 2000 years ago to study the history of the middle east. But deceit is cunning. "A strategy designed to conceal a thing for the purpose of misleading."
Satan cannot be divided against himself. He would never deceive someone into doing what is right good and just because he would be divided against himself. but he would lead someone into believing something that was wrong, bad and unjust was indeed good.... . One knows by knowing what is right, good and just..
Satan deceives through a strategy of his own.
I do my best to always do what is right and good and just. If I am deceived it isn't of Satan, and God does not deceive. So how could it be? On the other hand, if God writes a law on my heart not to lie, and I am convinced a little lie is ok, or that stealing software online is ok and I do so, Satan's strategy has worked and I don't even believe I have done anything wrong. that is deceit. If I personally am deceived I am deceived into doing what is right and not what is wrong. Who would want to convince me of such a thing?
There are serious problems with some Christian sects today. Some dance with Rattle snakes and drink snake venom, thinking God will save them. But they test God and that is wrong. They are deceived. Still others like Westboro Baptist church preach hate assuming the authority of God and cause all manner of harm to the innocents. They even harm Christians by proxy causing others to lump all of us in the same boat.
They too will be found without excuse for even Christians will be judged.
I am sure we are all deceived about some things, some more than others. But truth be told I would rather ere on the side of good rather than evil. Evil is profound, and every single person knows right and wrong.
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well at least some of it's true-the Roman catholic church has always persecuted people of God.
Same old story though really,doom and gloom,hell fire and brimstone,repent or else.

All Empires crumble in the end it's an act of millions of random consequences building up over years that lead to their demise.
I think everyone feels there is a major catastrophe coming but it will be an act of consequence to.
Any Charlatan religious nut claiming their God did it because we did'nt believe or we sinned is sadly delusional and should be laughed at mercilessly for they are the biggest fools on the planet bar none.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

i know you said this isn't your article, and that your just posting this guy's "study results" but for me, in my opinion, ALL of it was super-conditional. If America recovers, its OBVIOUSLY because of 2 things, 1) this guy and 2) we "repented". The rest follow that same basic setup. I'm a Christian, LDS at that, and even I know this is packed too much with bs. We as a Nation will recover when the correct people are put in, people who actually accept the job knowing 2 things 1) the nation is on your shoulders. for the good AND the bad. If it fails to look good in some way, take some of the blame. If something goes according to plan, the only correct response/reaction is a congratulations to the PotUS, as odd as that may seem, he's the President and is looked up to (or down upon) WORLDWIDE, not you. 2) bewary of corruption. Are you ready to deny a corrupt dealing with high stakes? No? Later. Simple as that. God blessed us with the ability to judge, to look at a situation and discern what needs to be done, and we desire to be done. Sometimes those 2 opinions don't agree. ALWAYS GO WITH THE FIRST. Once and only once we start doing so will this nation recover. Not because we repented and God magically fixes our ongoing trillion dollar debt. That's OUR problem, that's how we "repent", by fixing our mistake, in this case, our debt.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

My sentiments, as well. WE are god. The energy that permeates and seeths throughout the universe is god. We, as humans, and everything around us that we can experience is simply condensed energy. The human conscious is simply a manifestation of this energy. And as humanity continues to open doors into what our reality truely is, we will shed our collective need for religion. The "turning away" people speak of is a natural evolution as we continue to need religion less and less to explain that which we can explain through verification and repetition.

I'll leave you all with this....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

Nice, I like it. Could not have added anything better myself. I Liked the band as well, but I have never heard of them. I am probably getting old I guess. Atleast in this life anyway. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I believe that the exact opposite of what this thread will happen. America & English-speaking countries become world-powers even more than they are today, with American currency gaining value, Muslims will loose power. Most of Europe will lose power. The Catholic Church will lose power. Pretty much everything written by the author of this thread is the opposite of what will happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well I agree totally that the Satan is so deceitful that he indeed does a lot of work on religion. I look at the church today and see a real mess. Not what was intended when one goes back more than 2000 years ago to study the history of the middle east. But deceit is cunning. "A strategy designed to conceal a thing for the purpose of misleading."
Satan cannot be divided against himself. He would never deceive someone into doing what is right good and just because he would be divided against himself. but he would lead someone into believing something that was wrong, bad and unjust was indeed good.... . One knows by knowing what is right, good and just..
Satan deceives through a strategy of his own.
I do my best to always do what is right and good and just. If I am deceived it isn't of Satan, and God does not deceive. So how could it be? On the other hand, if God writes a law on my heart not to lie, and I am convinced a little lie is ok, or that stealing software online is ok and I do so, Satan's strategy has worked and I don't even believe I have done anything wrong. that is deceit. If I personally am deceived I am deceived into doing what is right and not what is wrong. Who would want to convince me of such a thing?
There are serious problems with some Christian sects today. Some dance with Rattle snakes and drink snake venom, thinking God will save them. But they test God and that is wrong. They are deceived. Still others like Westboro Baptist church preach hate assuming the authority of God and cause all manner of harm to the innocents. They even harm Christians by proxy causing others to lump all of us in the same boat.
They too will be found without excuse for even Christians will be judged.
I am sure we are all deceived about some things, some more than others. But truth be told I would rather ere on the side of good rather than evil. Evil is profound, and every single person knows right and wrong.
DH

Right, well that is what Im thinking the bible is for. To become a good person. It gives "peace" knowing these things written in it. It gives morals. But come on. "We are it. You are wrong" Can't it not be a piece to the puzzle?

God will do all this and that. That's inevitable. But to say God is the reason for every event or thing on this planet, that's kind of blaspheming is it not?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The "funny" part is...if you remove all the biblical references, "God", "Jesus", etc.,,this is pretty much where things are going. The Bible IS just a book...but the situations the OP describes, are quite likely to come to be. Sad to say.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Most by our own doing. Its a twist of time. Im still trying to figure it out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sorry brother but you are wrong about the endtimes on 1 detail ! Its says at the endtimes the world would embrace a new world religion, so that suggest to me that the religion wont be one that is practiced on earth. Because the christians would not embrace Islam and the Muslims would not embrace christianity

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knowthepath

Given the alien scenario this makes sense actually.

Aliens come down, we make first contact, pants were #ted (escuse my language but you know it would be true, and people die of shock. They have their own philosophy on this whole thing, of course, so given that they defied the impossible they will tend to believe. This supposed new religion could be that.

Then there's word of a fake invasion so the religion could be earth made.

Now when, who knows. But it does say that there will be a new religion of some sort.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by knowthepath

Actually, they already have begun to accept each other.....www.nowtheendbegins.com...
This is just one of many articles about the movement. Its called Chrislam...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join