It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things caught on camera 12/5/2010 at 3:23 a.m

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hi one early morning I decided to take my Old Country Bulldog on a walk to the reputably haunted Furness Abbey. At the point said to be most haunted crossing through an old defensive arch a chill went right through me and there was a noticeable drop in the tempreture. My dog Freud became aggressive snarling with his heckles stood on end & a patch of fog crossed right in front of us. I tried calming the dog to which he was having none of when the sound of an owl came from the wood surrounding the area. I quickly moved the dog & I along further into the area & sat on a bench for half an hour deciding whether to go back or not.

Curiosity got the better of me & I readied my 5 meg camera phone to take a few snaps. Just to the right of the archway we crossed under is an abandoned pub, said to be haunted by the ghost of a landlady who died from fire there many years ago. All in all this Abbey is said to be a hotspot for the paranormal & there have been investigations there over the years with quite a few photos taken. I had never seen anything in my hunts over the past couple of years but thought 'what the hell give it one more go during the witching hours' so we positioned ourselves just under the archway where we had first felt & seen a presence.

After sitting quietly for twenty or so minutes I started to notice hooded shadows in the inside of the pub, I set my cam onto negative as I had read about doing and took three photos, thinking I had caught the robed, hooded figures. Here are those photos;

As I said I could make these shadows out moving almost as if they were in the abandoned pub but they only showed as black orb type things on the photos. I decided to take the camera off negative, leave the dog where he was sat on guard with his heckles up and take a photo through the window. These are the images that I took trying to capture the shadows inside the building;

The first photo turned out as I had expected just a plain old window, the second image was just flash but the third image sent a chill down my spine as I could make out a lady in a black dress sat where there is a seating area in the old pub turning to face me. I can make out her big maybe 50s style hair, ear rings, dress & facial features. As I stood back in amazement, still only able to see shadows in the pub with my naked eye Freud began barking and being strange again. I felt another deep chill & saw a strange mist in the area of the dog. I whistled him & we left the area as fast as we could not believing what had happened.

I have told this to many of my friends & shown the photos to which they say all kinds. I decided to throw this whole episode to my fellow members on ATS to see what all you think.

Since settling down & moving out of my former line of work quite a lot of strange things have gone on in my life as to which I can't explain. I will write threads on these in the near future but thought it best to start with this episode.

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
nice pictures, thanks for posting.
are we talking about the two larger dark figures on each side ? they look like statues standing at the side of the entrance. or do you mean the more little, a bit darker shadows between the statues ?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All i see are windows. Not doubting you saw something but a camera phone is the worlds worst equipment to use to catch spirits on "film". You need to get you a good night vision camera and maybe a Flir thermal camera because often times you can see spirits when the temperature drops and you can tell what they are because living things show heat in them with yellow and red hues and spirits have no heat and when the temperature drops in their presence often times you can actually see their forms in the Flir.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

The photos are not of statues they were inside of the pub, it looked weird, they were moving & my dog was on guard, he is a plesant dog but that time was protective. There are no statues in that area so I honestly have no idea ??

Thank you for taking time to read and look at my pics

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I understand that a camera phone isn't really any good but it was spur of the moment & paranormal activity is not my field to be honest, nor do I want it to be, those things scared me more than been shot at & mortared.

Thanks for the advice & for taking a look at the thread

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They look like bottles...dont know what you are talking about to be honest.

By the way, your date and time needs changing on your phone....date of the photos says 15th october at 01:40am

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Could you circle where the lady is supposed to be in the last picture? I've been staring at it for a few minutes now, but I just can't see anything.

By the way, you're definitely a brave person. There's no way I'd be walking around a haunted area at 3 in the morning with only my dog!

Are you planning on going back and taking more pictures, I hope? It sounds like an interesting area.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
After looking at the pics in photoshop its fairly obvious what you have taken photos of ARE WINDOWS.. The black spots are lens flare.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Bottles...reflections...hoaxing...

edit on 11-10-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

EDIT: To add the last pic inverted....there is NOTHING there...please...stop hoaxing/trolling with bs stories

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

According to the OP:

The first photo turned out as I had expected just a plain old window,

They are just windows, not bottles.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Yea i just looked again and you are right...edited my post.

So he has pics of lens flare on windows and is trying to pass it off as ghosts/paranormal.

My pics clearly show the interior of the building. The black spots on the inverted pics are just the lens flare inverted.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

As I said before it was a spur of the moment thing, I am not hoaxing or trolling & I am offended that you think that I took those photos at 3 am my divers watch is the right time & that is what I remember looking at most. Maybe the date is the date I uploaded these to my computer. The area I visit is a genuine haunted Abbey & I shall be going back with a better digital camera this month, more than likely on all hallo's eve.

What I witnessed scared me more than being shot at, mortared, damn stabbed & coming off of a motorbike at 70 mph, maybe flash/lens glare is in the photos but I know what I saw, felt & what my 40kg dog reacted to was not of this world, in a three dimensional way.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theguygeeza

As I said before it was a spur of the moment thing, I am not hoaxing or trolling & I am offended that you think that I took those photos at 3 am my divers watch is the right time & that is what I remember looking at most. Maybe the date is the date I uploaded these to my computer. The area I visit is a genuine haunted Abbey & I shall be going back with a better digital camera this month, more than likely on all hallo's eve.

What I witnessed scared me more than being shot at, mortared, damn stabbed & coming off of a motorbike at 70 mph, maybe flash/lens glare is in the photos but I know what I saw, felt & what my 40kg dog reacted to was not of this world, in a three dimensional way.

EXIF data does not lie

Date and Time (Original)
15 Oct 2010 01:40:01

Make
LG Electronics
Model
KF750

You believe in ghosts and the paranormal...you have gone to a "haunted" place. You expect to see something.
Your fear is totally understandable given these factors. Have you ever been stabbed or shot at?? I have...and you dont feel the pain or fear.

After sitting quietly for twenty or so minutes I started to notice hooded shadows in the inside of the pub, I set my cam onto negative as I had read about doing and took three photos, thinking I had caught the robed, hooded figures. Here are those photos;

Unfortunately you have only taken pics of light (lens flare, torch..whatever)...you have concocted a story to fit. You say the black "orbs" in your photos were moving and they were black. Clearly when the pic is put back to its natural state (not inverted) the black "hooded figures" turn out to be a light source.

You dont know what you saw...that is evident from the OP. You dont see with an inverted view....so you would have seen the light. Changed it to inverted as it would confuse people to what they were looking at. Thats called Hoaxing..

Fortunately many of us here on ats are pretty good with photoshop, and digital analysis

EDIT: I would have chose a different screen name if i were you. Now i know your into "swinging" lol...just saying

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So my dates are all to pot, the phone make etc are correct then, maybe I was wanting to see something, maybe it was all part of my imagination, my memory is not what it use to be since sustaining damage to my cranium. I know what I saw & felt, who cares if I am not to be believed by other members.

Oh and by the way if we are getting personal; yes I have been shot at, yes I have stab wounds, yes I have taken life & yes I am a promiscuous b*d what is the latter to do with you anyway's lmfho.

Take it easy, there's no need to make things personal (offers you a nice cold beer) I have no clue about photo shop or any of that it is probably on this computer but I am not computer savvy, if I had I would of used it myself & wouldn't of wasted mine & others time on this thread.

Peace V

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So my dates are all to pot, the phone make etc are correct then, maybe I was wanting to see something, maybe it was all part of my imagination, my memory is not what it use to be since sustaining damage to my cranium. I know what I saw & felt, who cares if I am not to be believed by other members.

Oh and by the way if we are getting personal; yes I have been shot at, yes I have stab wounds, yes I have taken life & yes I am a promiscuous b*d what is the latter to do with you anyway's lmfho.

Take it easy, there's no need to make things personal (offers you a nice cold beer) I have no clue about photo shop or any of that it is probably on this computer but I am not computer savvy, if I had I would of used it myself & wouldn't of wasted mine & others time on this thread.

Peace V

The evidence you have provided proves that the black "robed/hooded" figures you saw were light sources...by inverting the image they have changed black. So what you would have seen is what i showed in my images...lights.

Im not getting personal...just pointing out that when you type your screen name into google it brings up links for ATS and a swingers site. I call it friendly advice
If you want to stay anonymous on here dont use the same screen name all over the internet

Lots of people come on here claiming all sorts. People like myself like to get to the bottom of things. You say the pics show hooded ghosts...i say (and prove) they show inverted light sources.

You came looking for answers....i gave you the answers.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The mistakes I made whilst drunk & hating the other gender of our species come back to haunt me. I am a fool, but I never intended a hoax or anything like that I believed what I saw & what that damn phone led me to believe was true. I think it may be time to destroy this account & set up another, by the way I do not knowingly lie any more, it is against my beliefs.

Thank you for a looking into the pictures, thanks for reminding me how small the internet is too, I did want to go for gringoamigo but a friend said that was crap & suggested the name on this account now.

Anyhow, no hard feelings, I appreciate the constructive criticism

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I understand that a camera phone isn't really any good but it was spur of the moment & paranormal activity is not my field to be honest, nor do I want it to be, those things scared me more than been shot at & mortared.

Thanks for the advice & for taking a look at the thread

Don't be scared of them, they can't kill you, unless they are demons ofcourse. Demons are not like regular spirits, they can actually follow you home and set up shop terrorizing you and many times people think they are poltergeists. No such thing as a poltergeist, if it has enough power to stack objects, throw stuff at you, scratch, slap, and make lights flicker or bulbs burst you better get yourself a catholic priest or some kind of help.

Most people think spirits are from dead people and this is sort of true in the sense that when you die your living spirit is released from your body. In truth they are not dead they are very much alive, which is why sometimes you may feel a presence in the room with you or feel like something or someone is staring at you, because there really is someone in the room with you, they have just lost their mortal flesh.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the pictures theguygeeza..I thought the pics were interesting i have no idea if there lens flares I've always found the paranormal to be a fascinating subject..I hope you go back with a better camera and try to capture more pics of this haunted area..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thank you lonewolf19792000, I have never really been scared by the spirits I have encountered over the years, for three years of my life I had to shut things out though as I had signed my life away
I honestly thought I would have to pay some penance for my wrong doings, I went through the regretful phase, the paranoid phase, the wanting to die phase, everything. I know that I am damaged from injury and mentally/emotionally scarred but I still have most my faculties and manage a semi normal life.

My Grandmother Winifred the Witch of Walney had a gift, she read cards, tea leaves, bought ailments from people & helped them get well and make decisions. She did all this from her hair salon and in the privacy of her own home and was well respected by the elders of the island. She taught me things but made them into games, unfortunately bad things happened in my youth & I forgot the things taught me, my Gran died of Altz & Parkinsons disease a double dose of death

All through my later childhood I remember my drunken mother telling me that one day I will have the gift, she went on about guides, stages and all kinds of mumbo jumbo. I rebelled and thought nothing of it, I thought the alcohol had stewed her brains and moved on, found a girlfriend and went about life without my family.

I don't wish to discuss what I did with my life up until a few years ago but in the past couple of years it is as though my third eye/spiritual side/witch genes or whatever have taken over. I honestly can see & sense all kinds, at one point I went to the doctor as I thought I had lost the plot, had P.T.S. or something. My family doctor was willing to give me almost anything and placed me on anti-psychotics, benzo's and opioid painkillers. It took me a long time to get off those prescriptions & wake up again but I am back and my alertness is too. I can sense danger, see/feel/sense spirits all the time and read people if I am around them. My heart breaks sometimes walking down the street as I can sense death from a person or feel pain if they are suffering. My social life is non existent now as I get vibes from people/see things/feel things and people think I am strange. A friends wife had cancer, she wanted a hug from me on parting after a quick chat but I couldn't, I knew it was near her time & felt sick to my stomach, I panicked, cried, said I loved her & quickly walked away. She died shortly after, I was and am still wounded, if I have got some gift surely I could of helped her ?

I feel cursed with what I can sense and feel, nobody believes me and that is how I ended up in this site, looking, hoping that there are others out there like me and that I could find out some truth. My photo's have been taken apart and proved to be tricks of the light but I know what I saw and felt, damn the dog even went strange. I am going to hang on in here on our site and try to find some answers I don't care what some people think I know what I am going through.

Thank you for the supportive words & back up that there is an afterlife/between phase/other dimensions, I have noticed and read you on the boards and you are a cool bloke.

Peace be with you
edit on 11/10/2011 by theguygeeza because: spelling mistakes

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you for taking time to look over the pictures and read this thread, you haven't put me down as some nut job because of lens flare, misplaced timings and my private life in the past lol. I am going to return to the Abbey with a better camera camo'ed up without the dog more than likely on all hallos eve between the witching hours as that is supposedly a good night & time.

Even if I were to get solid evidence of there being spirits at the Abbey it still would not be enough as it has been done before if you google Furness Abbey & ghosts there should be some pictures and reporting's from over the years, I know these things exist though & have to live with the affects of them and trust me it is only great and they are only helpful sometimes.

All the best sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
not exactly able to focus my eyes in on the ladie in the black dress in the last pic. would it be possible to pinpoint? im usually pretty good at this but not happenin here. thanks for posting tho
edit on 11/10/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join