It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Chief of CIA Bin Laden Unit: "Ron Paul is Right".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Here Michael Scheuer, 22 year CIA veteran and former Chief of the Bin Laden Unit, talks about the cause of resentment towards America in the Arab World.

This expert has fully endorsed Ron Paul's premise of "blow-back", the idea that our government's actions have repercussions.

Our government's siege on the Middle East began in 1953 with Operation Ajax, when they overthrew an elected leader and instead installed a brutal dictator. The practice of installing brutal dictators from Saddam to Osama to Mubarak, to then attacking these same countries to oust these former allies, the U.S. government's actions have been the root cause of Arab anger against the United States.

edit on 11-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It is not only the Arab world.

The blow-back is coming from Muslims due to their population explosion, which has made many countries ungovernable.

The contribution of West is increase in poverty and inequality in many countries in Asia by sucking out resources.

The world is sitting on a powder-keg, which is waiting for a spark.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why is this not being piped into every American home, on eveery chanel? OK, silly question, I know why, but it should be. To hear someone who has been part of the machine step up and try to talk some sence into people is music to my ears! Cheers OP S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

The blow-back is coming from Muslims due to their population explosion, which has made many countries ungovernable.

The contribution of West is increase in poverty and inequality in many countries in Asia by sucking out resources.

No, the Arab nobility who gets all of the oil dollars would rather build island paradises out in the Persian Gulf for other insanely weathy people to vacation at than filter any of the money down to their citizens. That and buying yachts for every third cousin royal in their family lines.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by vedatruth

No, the Arab nobility who gets all of the oil dollars would rather build island paradises out in the Persian Gulf for other insanely weathy people to vacation at than filter any of the money down to their citizens. That and buying yachts for every third cousin royal in their family lines.

People like this have no concept of quanitities of wealth and abilities to spend it.

Because one country only makes enough to buy one island, ever, and some yachts. It's just one of the largest oil producers in the world....

The Kuwaiti government gives out a dole to the people who live there every year and it's enough for them to never have to work. I've been there, I'm not a pompous internet scholar.

Even the dump trucks are Mercedes Benz and the people working there are foreigners.

So go ahead and pretend that all the money is scooped up by islands and yachts.

Forget the US siphoning it back by selling them all that glitters, with war machines and watch the money cycle end in the US no matter how you track it.

Then you'll see the royalty's real relationship to the US and ask yourself if you can, what does the USG do with all that money is gets from selling aircraft / tanks and other military arms to other countries at markup?

It ain't in your pocket is it? Yeah, so don't think you're so far off from the middle eastern brothers who aren't in the financial loop either.

The US siphons more wealth from it's people than any third world country you can name. We end up seeing a smaller percentage of benefit from a larger pie, and most of you are ok with that, because it looks better than those third world countries.

www.google.com...:SAU&dl=en&hl=en&q=gdp+saudi+arabia" target="_blank" class="postlink">Saudi GDP : $375.766

US GDP $14.119 trillion

Do you feel 37.57391568156778 (14.119 t / 375.766 b= 37.57391568156778) more wealthy than Saudi Arabia? I'd say that's pretty close.

So realize we're all getting sheared for proportionally the same amount.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow...I'm surprised this OP is just sitting here. Are folk afraid of being labeled a "terrorist" by opposing illegal, vastly ignorant, egotistical foreign policy?

I think we should be supportive of Israel, but we can support Israel without fighting wars for Zionist extremism. The Saudis? Make a deal with the devil and...

Ron Paul probably is our last chance to return to the kind of nation we once were. Not that he could do it alone...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No, you are the one who took the one example, Kuwait, and tried to paint it over the entire middle east. The reallity is Iraq tried to snuff them off of the map when Hussein was in charge. We had to go save them. Then they got mad because we had to stage in Saudi on their precious soil, to save one of the only Arab nations that wasn't a dictatorship or Monarchy that makes their people suffer in poverty. If they were all like Kuwait there would be little unrest over there, they'd be too busy vacationing or planning their next vacation.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is also what you have to teach your children and your friends and families.

Everyday for half a century we're being fed propaganda that the we from the west are all greedy capitalists that want to steal the wealth and land from the east and that the east all wants to kill us and our families for those reasons.

You have never been fighting wars of liberation and freedom... you have never been fighting wars to help people or make the world safe. You have been fighting to supply the elite with profit and wealth and by doing so, you have been duped into making the propaganda come true.

The people of the east do not all want to kill you, and neither do we want to hurt them and theirs.

Please start saying no... a real man doesn't bow down and take orders from a puppet officer or so-called elected official. A real man says "No!" when what someone wants him to do is outright wrong and amoral.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I get your point. It is true that we should not criticize all actions of US. It is also true that many people in developing countries are suffering from mercantile policies of the West.

The worker in developing countries is the one getting squeezed now, as raw materials shoot for the moon, but finished products cannot catch up.

West does control natural resources directly or indirectly, and profits from rising prices.

The worker class in the West is also suffering due to lack of jobs.

So we have this un-natural situation where poor have nowhere to go.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Excellent finds. I heard Michael Scheuer on RT today and I dug and dug to present the interview here. But before I did I searched for him and as usual, you guys beat me to it. One of these days I'm going to get an idea for a thread that hasn't been Done ALREADY!!!
Having said that I will simply star and flag yours and embellish with the interview that I was going to use in my Own THREAD!!!
This one is from RT today but recorded in April of this year. Link to article:
rt.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hey thanks, yah I mean one would think this is common sense.

If you antagonize enough, its going to result in resentment and anger...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If you antagonize enough, its going to result in resentment and anger...

You mean my sounding like I was mad? I was just trying to be funny...

You ever watch Lewis Black? He plays like he's getting mad like that.
When I find something that is interesting I try to make sure it hasn't been brought here already before I just go with it. In the process I have discovered how smart and resourceful people on ATS are and I'm awed and humbled.. I thought I knew everything... Then I came here and began to learn a bunch more. I'm not mad about that, I'm glad.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the explanation. I was actually referring to the actions of the US government around the World.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Ron Paul isn't hte only one. Hell, he's actually kind of late to the party. But what the hell, the more the merrier. They hate us because we beat them up and take their stuff. How hard is that to figure out?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by sbctinfantry

No, you are the one who took the one example, Kuwait, and tried to paint it over the entire middle east. The reallity is Iraq tried to snuff them off of the map when Hussein was in charge. We had to go save them. Then they got mad because we had to stage in Saudi on their precious soil, to save one of the only Arab nations that wasn't a dictatorship or Monarchy that makes their people suffer in poverty. If they were all like Kuwait there would be little unrest over there, they'd be too busy vacationing or planning their next vacation.

"The reallity is Iraq tried to snuff them off of the map when Hussein was in charge. We had to go save them"

Well that may be what the history books used to say until a few weeks ago. I believe wikileaks shed some light on this subject. Before Saddam Hussein attacked Kuwait he had let US officials know what his plans were. He was basically asking for permission to proceed and the US gave the green light.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is being endorsed? by ex cia... a good thing or a bad thing?

Seriously... having those three letters associated with your name could lose you some votes... or even stranger still, maybe gain you a few. I wonder how ron feels about it?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the explanation. I was actually referring to the actions of the US government around the World.

Thanks, now it get it. Yep. I think that way too. America is so completely off the charts with their actions in the world today. I am an American and I see the bitterness and resentment we generate all around the world too.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Well that may be what the history books used to say until a few weeks ago. I believe wikileaks shed some light on this subject. Before Saddam Hussein attacked Kuwait he had let US officials know what his plans were. He was basically asking for permission to proceed and the US gave the green light.

WoW, thanks for that bit of skullduggery, I did not know that before. But it fits with the kind of lo down scum sucking manipulation that we accuse everyone else of. Turns out wer'e the dirty rats...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The next "blowback" needs to come from the American people!

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

True and while its obvious to anyone who embraces reality, this view is something never uttered by our "leadership".

Dem or Rep, its in their interest to perpetuate the idea that "they're crazy and hate us for our freedoms".

Because at the end of the day, both parties are beholden to the war-for-profit industry.

edit on 13-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join