It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained "Shadow figure" in mirror picture.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
First thing I thought seeing the pic was, if it's an antique mirror, the silver/reflective material being worn or damaged on the back. The shape is opaque looking, so not a shadow.

It's definitely not a shadow.

My first thought was, girl with a ponytail, but I looked again and you might be right. There is distortion above and left of the "head", and the "face" may be the reflective backing peeling away from the back of the mirror.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
for those who think its another person in the mirror, could you explain how you come to that conclusion? looking at the person on the right i can see skin color and the color of her shirt. how come i cant see any colors of the person on the left? standing that close together their characteristics should be similar.. right?

the reflective backing peeling away from the back of the mirror.

if the above quote is the case then why is it damaged only in that location? wouldn't there be defects through out the mirror?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It looks like a woman with a braided pony tail in a high collared, satiny, dark gray shirt (dress?). The sleeve looks a bit puffier at the top and narrowing towards the elbow. Do you know the age of the home? Have you sent a copy to the owner? I would be interested in hearing his opinion.

It looks like a lovely home from the image that the close up of the mirror was taken. Not a very peaceful night for you though.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Shadow Men Thread
Hi I just wanted to post this thread link that we have been discussing this issue for some months it may be helpful.
I think its fascinating that she has captured this image.
Many areas can carry echoes of the past. I have seen the shadow in the mirror before in an old house I visited in Charters Towers. I hypothesized that somehow at the right angle the silver backing of the mirror had captured a silhouette similar to the way old colloidal film does.

The word Voodoo being whispered in your ear or catalyzed in the nerve endings so that you heard it may have been a way to create a fear response which would allow the entity to entrain to your biofield much easier. Remember Fear Not don't get cocky but don't live in fear of it this is its way to connect to you by en-training to your fear based response. Many intelligences want to connect with humans purely for the response-entertainment.

Also PK energy can store in old houses for a long time being triggered by stress and creating a pk event. This does not necessarily mean there is an external intelligence attached. Sometimes the source of the pk event is the individuals in the room. This is called geisting.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The flash from the camera projected a shadow on the opposite wall of the person taking the photo. Its off to the side cause of minute angle irregularities in the mirror. Thats my guess...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
for those who think its another person in the mirror, could you explain how you come to that conclusion? looking at the person on the right i can see skin color and the color of her shirt. how come i cant see any colors of the person on the left?
The person on the left is facing away from the camera instead of toward it, so of course you won't see much skin in that case, but I think I see a little bit of the side of the face as the head is slightly turned, but mostly facing away.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment as to whether the photo is real or not because I don't know. However, I will say a bit as to the nature of these "Shadow people."

Firstly, very little is known about them.No one seems to know where they come from or what they represent. The only thing that seems to be a common theme is that they do not seem to have friendly intentions.

Secondly, whether these beings are good, neutral or just plain old bad, there is the major question of what they are and where they come from. I personally think they are other dimensional beings. However, there never has been any confirmation of that. It's just conjecture.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Looking at the photo, it seems to me the "shadow figure" is standing RIGHT next to the photographer with their nose against the wall.
In my opinion, it's creepy as hell.

I'm not so skeptical it's a ghost.
I think you caught something.
Bravo!

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hmm honestly.. it looks like an ill lit person to me. Wish I could say differently. Still a weird photo though.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Looks like a person facing the opposite wall. Look closely, you can see the side of their face.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Looking at the photo, it seems to me the "shadow figure" is standing RIGHT next to the photographer with their nose against the wall.
In my opinion, it's creepy as hell.

I'm not so skeptical it's a ghost.
I think you caught something.
Bravo!

Cuhail

You can see the side of the persons face though. It looks like a person standing there facing the opposite wall. We are seeing the back of their head and a part of the side of their face and if you look close enough, an ear.

Looks like a woman.

It's just a person.No ghost.
edit on 10-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There was no other person in the room. I was there and the photographer were there and that is it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

Why drag this up after nearly a year do you have something new to tell us?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
Wrong! The girl taking the picture with the flash burst in her face was the only one in the room.

Then there must be another mirror there

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There was no other person in the room. I was there and the photographer were there and that is it.
You can't keep your story straight. before you said this:

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Wrong! The girl taking the picture with the flash burst in her face was the only one in the room.

Now you're saying you were there too, which of course I knew all along, I just didn't understand why you denied it the first time...but thanks for finally admitting it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

Hey there pegasi51 ... I haven't read all the posts yet but I will go back and do so ... I just wanted to offer my opinion before I did;

Well the mirror looks like a cheap replica and is certinly not an antique ... it is also quite smudged and blurry ... however the figure in the doorway (which is what I assume this thread is about) looks like it was added after because the shoulder/arm outline looks too crisp against the door-frame.

I'd go as far as to say it has the same look about it that the i-phone ghost apps have although that said this particular 'ghost' doesn't look familiar from that collection but I could be wrong.

Either way I really don't feel this is a paranormal apparition.

Here are a few examples of iphone 'ghost apps' to look out for ... don't let yourself be fooled it's hard enough trying to determine genuine from hoax in the paranormal/ufo field without the joker's who create these things throwing a spanner in the works;

Ok, now I'm off to see what others think.

Woody

edit on 22-8-2012 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I tend to believe the op on this woody. I am very familiar with Wilmington, NC and this particular b&b is known for being a hotspot of paranormal activity. I believe it just based on it's reputation alone. I will agree that any photo can be faked though

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I was in the room but standing on a long staircase to the far right of the photographer about eight stairs up sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join