It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained "Shadow figure" in mirror picture.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I live in Wilmington. Is this the French House, by chance? It looks like the entry to the dining room, with the bathroom behind you.

Let me know, I can take a couple of other pictures if we need verification shots.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I see a shadow..But maybe it's a person there seems to be flesh on the shadow.
Seems to be someone standing back to the picture.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
Wrong! The girl taking the picture with the flash burst in her face was the only one in the room.
The picture says otherwise. There's clearly another person there, and it's not a shadow.

It's not that unusual for people to look at photos later and notice something they didn't notice at the time they took the photos.

She's not facing that direction, and she's looking through the camera so people could enter and exit that doorway without her even seeing them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thanks Arbitrageur for typing my words for me.

I'm looking for a 'shadow figure' and I only see what looks like nothing else than two people.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

I have lived in Wilmington on many different occassions. I have found it to be the most "haunted" place I have ever been to let alone lived. It is a very evil little city, especially downtown. I won't go into my encounters with the "spirits" of Wilmington but I am curious as to which b&b this was and why your gf feels it followed her home.

The "spirits" there are very territorial so I find this very interesting. Unless you encountered something much more powerful than the normal I doubt it followed you home. Hearing voodoo whispered in your ear has me a bit concerned though. Voodoo wasn't practiced so much in wilmington as witchcraft was and still is to this day. Can you provide more information?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Right ...

Could this be your shadow ... maybe ... that said it seems to be a different height to you, however that does happen with shadows, they often appear larger than the person casting them depending on where the light is in the room.

What a pitty you dont have a bit more of that shadow in frame as if this is you then we would eaily see your arms bent holding the camera.

To me the shadow also seems wrong positionally to be you but these things do happen.

If you can access the room again try re-creating the exact same conditions and take a second pic, maybe you did take another pic on the night and this is the only one with a figure in. If this is the case it would be good to see it for continuity reasons.

Dont think there is a 100% accurate answer for this one as with most things paranormal.

If its the real deal .... nice pic

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davcon

I'm hesitant to mention the name of the B&B since the owners were so very nice to us. I would'nt want anything to get back to them, but if you pm me I'll gladly send you a picture of the outside of the house and since you live there I'm sure you would recognize it.
As far as the dark figure being the shadow of the photographer, thats the first thing that I thought about while trying to rationalize the whole thing, only that the outline of the figure just doesn't match up to the outline of the photographer.
As for hearing the word "voodoo" whispered in my ear, I have no idea. That seemed to be what started it all though. I'm not someone who frequently hears voices at night or anytime for that matter and I know nothing about voodoo and have no idea why that particular word was so clearly spoken into my ear.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I currently do not live there but yes I will recognize it if you send me a pic. I can't pm yet, not enough posts, but you can pm me if you would please with the photo, or even the name of the place. I won't use it publicly.

I am concerned as to why your gf feels it followed her home though. Can you explain why she feels that way? are there strange events happening around you or her lately?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That picture is pretty amazing, and it is easy for me to tell that dark person appears as a young male, maybe 20 years of age or so..

That shadow figure is wearing a different shirt than the person taking the photo, it has longer sleeves.. you can see his face easily, almost looks asian slightly...

I loaded up the image and zoomed in quite far and can easily see it.. It looks light a ghost to me, if no one was really standing there, then I would say it is a ghost..

The bit about it following you home is not a good sign.. I would get some fix for that as fast as possible..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davcon

Once we arrived back home from our vacation, the first couple of nights we slept in our own bed, in our own house it did feel a little different. My girlfriend who took the picture said she felt something might have followed us home from Wilmington, she is sensitive to all things paranormal and has had experiences in the past that have seemed to make her a believer in ghosts and the spirit world. The third night in our own house while sleeping a rollerblade skate fell out of the closet and hit the floor hard enough to make us jump out of bed. I'm not saying there's anything paranormal about that but those skates were secured pretty good about two feet up on top of a tool box in the closet. So the next night we made a ring of salt around the bed and slept quite well. The following day we smudged the house and each other with sage and have felt quite a bit better about the whole thing. My girlfriend still feels sick when she sees the picture and made me delete them from our computer.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

hello everyone,
i am the person who took this photo. i asked my fiance to post the photo on here to see what people's thoughts were on it. i'm sure that people who frequent this site see hoaxes all the time. i assure you, this photo is the original. i have very limited computer/photography/editing skills so i wouldn't be able to falsly create something like this even if i wanted to. i would also like to mention that i am a woman with short, curly reddish/brown hair. i was wearing a purple t-shirt when i took this photo. so no, the dark figure to the left-hand side of the frame is not "the photographer's reflection." something else i would like to point out, we spent a monday night at the b&b, which is a slow day according to the owners. we were the only ones staying that night, and i was the only one in the room when i snapped the photo. this mirror is in the foyer, and the front door is directly behind me (just a foot or less), so no one walked in thru the door without me noticing. as soon as i walked thru the front door and shut it, i took this photo. at the time, i didn't see anything in the mirror, i just felt compelled to take a picture of it. i didn't notice the image in the photo until we were home from vacation and uploading the pics onto the computer. when i saw the image, i got sick to my stomach.it was quite disturbing.i agree with the person who said it looked like a boy in his 20's. that's how it appears to me. his eyes are abnormally large and almond-shaped. i cannot look at this photo without getting physically ill. just thinking about the image in my head turns my stomach. i am sensitive to energy, spirits, whatever you want to call it. whatever it is in the photograph, i do not believe it to be human. i do not think it's the ghost of a deceased boy, i think it's something evil that's just showing itself in a human form. the experiences we had in the b&b the night this photo was taken felt dreadful, dark and heavy. shortly after snapping the photo (then not knowing there was something captured in the shot), we went up to our room and went to bed. the entire night i felt as though i was being spiritually attacked. i awoke on 3 separate occasions, jolted awake really, and i told my fiance it felt as though something was trying to drag me by the arms out of bed. this was before i knew he'd heard the word 'voodoo' whispered into his ear. he said i appeared to be having nightmares, that my arms kept raising above my head all night. i'm not normally a restless sleeper, so this was quite unusual. after awaking the 2nd and 3rd times, i was terrified. i felt almost as if i was in a trance. it is very hard for me to explain, and it still discomforts me to recall that night. the next day we left the b&b and spent the rest of our vacation elsewhere. i didn't feel anything once we left until about a week later at our own home. i felt that same sensation of something trying to drag me out of bed, and i awoke to see a black cloudy mass hovering over the bed. it wooshed out of the room when i sat up and looked at it. i knew once this happened it was the same 'thing.' it felt exactly the same. i had never been to wilmington before, nor do i know much about its history. all i know is that it has a very unique, interesting energy, particularly in the historic downtown area. since our experiences, we have taken protective measures to combat the attacks. i feel as though we have reclaimed our home. i hope that whatever it was, it's gone for good. i just wanted to share this experience with a group of open-minded individuals to see if anyone could provide any insight, advice, suggestions, etc. like i mentioned earlier, i am sensitive to the spirit world. i would like to know how to protect myself against spiritual attacks such as this, and i would also like to know if there's anything i can to to prevent evil things from attaching themselves to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsie83

You can pray for a hedge of protection from God against evil entities. Also ask for God to send guardian angels for your protection. He will do so especially if you have a relationship with the Lord. He will protect his own.

If your sensitive to the spirit world thats probably why the entity attached itself to you. I'm not going to ask your "religious" affiliation, frankly it's not my business to know.

Wilmington has a deep occultic history. There is a lot of negative energy in the area, particulary the downtown area. I used to live downtown, I know it's history and it's evil all to well.

I hope for your sake you do not currently live along the 33rd parallel. Thats along the 33rd lat. on the latitude, longitude line. If so it is a negative vortex. Evil entities thrive along the 33rd lat. and will not leave. You can dispense them but it is difficult to keep them out. God can do it, you alone will have a much more difficult task.

Let me know if I can be of any additional help. Anytime I hear of a spiritual attack that starts in wilmington my ears perk up. I have battled them many times in my life.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thank you for the PM. Yes I am familiar with that house. I will not name it here by your request. I can not pm due to lack of posts. You can contact me via email at [email protected] if you wish to discuss more sensitive matters that you may not wish to discuss here on ats

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsie83

Thanks for posting more details on this, I believe you are correct about this spirit, since it causes you to be sick when seeing the image or thinking about it.. These same symptoms have been documented before, when there was demonic spirits present in certain places..other people have become sickened when discovering a location with one of these things in it..

When I first looked at the image you took, something in the back of mind made me think it might be some dark entity.. as you also know, they can sure make themselves look like anyone or anything they want you to see.

There was a thread posted a couple years ago that had this image a guy took of his bathroom, and in it, you could clearly see a horned devil face integrated within the pattern of the wallpaper.. a lot of people that don't believe in spirits called it pareidolia which really made me laugh.. it was as plain as day.. I have tried and tried to find that image/thread again, but can't locate it.. maybe someone remembers it..

Glad to hear that this thing may be gone.. keep up your guard

edit on 13-10-2011 by alienreality because: correction

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think it looks like part of the headboard to an elaborate looking bed frame...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Assuming what you're claiming is true, I would classify this as a ghost and not a shadow person.

But, I'll be honest and say my skeptic side is ringing on this one. It's just not typical for a person to take a photograph of a very ordinary and dull looking mirror, just to have a very ordinary looking person in it, and then expect others to believe it's paranormal.

But that's me and I wasn't there. I do believe in ghosts, so, if you guys believe you had a ghostly experience then you certainly don't need our validation.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Eh, I can see taking pictures of the mirrors. I did the same on a hunch when my sister and I toured the Jenny Wade House in Gettysburg - but then that was a "ghost tour". Got a fascinating picture BTW.

First thing I thought seeing the pic was, if it's an antique mirror, the silver/reflective material being worn or damaged on the back. The shape is opaque looking, so not a shadow.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude, but to me it's almost clearly the back of someone (presumably a female) with a ponytail. Perhaps because he/she was at the door, you didn't think anyone else was in the room with you and because you only realized much later on while downloading them to your computer that there was and hadn't noticed while taking the picture, it caught you off guard and now you want to believe it's a spirit.
Also, considering the grainy quality while zoomed in, I can't see how anyone can see "slanted eyes" as someone had mentioned that they believe it to be a young Asian man.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoTheDeep
I don't mean to be rude, but to me it's almost clearly the back of someone (presumably a female) with a ponytail. Perhaps because he/she was at the door, you didn't think anyone else was in the room with you and because you only realized much later on while downloading them to your computer that there was and hadn't noticed while taking the picture, it caught you off guard and now you want to believe it's a spirit.
Also, considering the grainy quality while zoomed in, I can't see how anyone can see "slanted eyes" as someone had mentioned that they believe it to be a young Asian man.

Think what you want but, the girl that took the pic was the only one in the room and the dark shadow figure beside her is still unexplained.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's a woman with a ponytail facing the opposite direction, spooky

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join